New York City vs London

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Pros and cons of both?

I hear NY is always in Londons shadow.

Old Man Whirly!
London is the greatest city on Earth. New York is the second greatest city on Earth.

Bashar Teg
nyc laughs at these ridiculous assertions. lovely ferris wheel you have, tho smile

Robtard
Haven't been to either. I'd prefer visiting London though.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nyc laughs at these ridiculous assertions. lovely ferris wheel you have, tho smile laughing out loud+ our 2000 years of history

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Haven't been to either. I'd prefer visiting London though. you know it makes sense, New York is great though.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud+ our 2000 years of history

right, but that applies to all of europe. why should I decide london instead of madrid or florence

cdtm
Haven't been to either. I'd prefer visiting London though.

Used to travel there all the time. Child model, which was all the rage back in my childhood.

I still have magazines with advertisements of me being on top of giant sized 2600 cartridges with a bunch of other kids (Of course in reality I was in a high chair in a room alone, a fan in my face, and they edited me in. I never let my jealous sister know it though.)

Yeah, it was fun to visit, but the crowd rush's man.. For a kid, you felt like you were gonna be run down. I'd move out of the way, they would do the same at the exact same time, and we'd go back and forth like that.

Robtard
Been to Florence, was nice. Summer of 1998.

Was about to go West to Madrid after driving through most of Italy, then my stupid ass girlfriend said we should go East to Salzburg instead because her friend's dad said it was a great city to visit. It was just okay.

Old Man Whirly!
right, but that applies to all of europe. why should I decide london instead of madrid or florence London is bigger and has more going on than Madrid.

Bashar Teg
half of manhatten is bigger than london, and there's 4 more boroughs.

in fact the topic should have been manhattan vs london. this isnt even fair

Old Man Whirly!
Been to Florence, was nice. Summer of 1998.

Was about to go West to Madrid after driving through most of Italy, then my stupid ass girlfriend said we should go East to Salzburg instead because her friend's dad said it was a great city to visit. It was just okay. Florence is great, as is Madrid, but they will never be the giant cityscape that was centre to the greatest empire in Human History. They will never have Wembley Stadium, the tower of london, tower bridge, st Paul's Cathedral etc.

Robtard
Florence is great, as is Madrid, but they will never be the giant cityscape that was centre to the greatest empire in Human History. They will never have Wembley Stadium, the tower of london, tower bridge, st Paul's Cathedral etc.

Can't speak in regards to London other than I really want to visit.

Drove North starting from Naples, zigzagging all the way up the boot.

Genoa was great too, but only because we didn't realize (and we should have) that a port-town meant that when the sun went done the whores came out and they came out in the hundreds, some wearing virtually nothing. We also accidentally stayed in a hotel room meant to be charged by the hour. Had really good steamed mussels in garlic though there, overlooking the ocean that night. Plus all the whores. So many whores Whirls.

Old Man Whirly!

in fact the topic should have been manhattan vs london. this isnt even fair london is many boroughs when people talk about london they mean greater london.

Bashar Teg
i'm just having a giggle anyway. i'd love to visit london as well as madrid and florence. but if we're talking size, nyc is mandingo

Robtard
And Bash loves him some BBC...

dadudemon
I don't particularly love either. I like both. Fish and Chips are obviously best in London but NYC had amazing fish and chips near Times Square (second best I ever had).

Houston has definitely been a far more enjoyable experience than any times I visited NYC or London.

Can't be the subway convenience in NYC, though. The "Tube" is not as awesome as NYCs subway stuff.

Old Man Whirly!

in fact the topic should have been manhattan vs london. this isnt even fair https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-city-vs-london-comparison-2015-5 have a look at the size section bash.

dadudemon
And Bash loves him some BBC...

Your comment is funny because you mean big black c*cks but it is a play on the British Broadcasting Corporation and we are discussing the UK in this thread making your pun quite topical.

haha!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon
Your comment is funny because you mean big black c*cks but it is a play on the British Broadcasting Corporation and we are discussing the UK in this thread making your pun quite topical.

haha! yeah Rob is a funny ****er in the best way! thumb up

Bashar Teg
are they talking london or greater london, because if we're getting technical than i would submit the entire ny metro area instead of just nyc.

that part about london having much more elbow room sounds lovely though. manhatten foot traffic is ridiculously congested at peak hours

but also my friend, i noticed the rest if the article as well smile

THE WINNER

Considering that New York City won in six out of the 11 categories we used for comparison (London won in five), New York City is the winner of the debate. Although London is less crowded than NYC and offers more green space, better weather, and more attractions than NYC, the 24-hour convenience of NYC, its high quality restaurants, and the fact that it's less expensive gives the city a slight advantage.

Happy Dance

dadudemon
yeah Rob is a funny ****er in the best way! thumb up

Explaining the joke in excruciating details is me legit trolling. See, not everyone trolls by making people mad.

dadudemon
THE WINNER

Considering that New York City won in six out of the 11 categories we used for comparison (London won in five), New York City is the winner of the debate. Although London is less crowded than NYC and offers more green space, better weather, and more attractions than NYC, the 24-hour convenience of NYC, its high quality restaurants, and the fact that it's less expensive gives the city a slight advantage.

Happy Dance

Halal Guys, street corner food, at 2AM....oh yeah, that 24 hour convenience for some delicious food after a long night is definitely worth it.

Oklahoma shuts down at 10PM almost completely. I hate it.

Emmy Evangeline
I've been to Sicily due to a contest I won. It's a beautiful region

Robtard
San Francisco has lots of food shops open after 2pm, it's so the drunks can get a couple slices of pizza after the alcohol stops flowing.

I'd imagine most major metropolitan cities with active bar and clubs do so. It's a cash-cow.

Robtard
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
I've been to Sicily due to a contest I won. It's a beautiful region

Did you learn about the Moors?

Bashar Teg
where is the epicenter of annoying tourists in london. what's their version of times square?

Adam_PoE
San Francisco has lots of food shops open after 2pm, it's so the drunks can get a couple slices of pizza after the alcohol stops flowing.

I'd imagine most major metropolitan cities with active bar and clubs do so. It's a cash-cow.

Escape From New York Pizza is the only pizza worth getting in San Francisco.

LordofBrooklyn
London is the greatest city on Earth. New York is the second greatest city on Earth.

YOU ARE NOW BANNED FROM MY CITY!!!

Bashar Teg
okay so we do have LoBster as a resident, but he hides all day in his basement apartment sweeping up rat turds, being a tiny yapper online, and romancing his waifu pillows; so you would likely never cross paths with him

Robtard
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Escape From New York Pizza is the only pizza worth getting in San Francisco.

That's good, But I've had a few other hole-in-the-wall shops that were good too.

LordofBrooklyn
okay so we do have LoBster as a resident, but he hides all day in his basement apartment sweeping up rat turds, being a tiny yapper online, and romancing his waifu pillows; so you would likely never cross paths with him

Only the underage female tourists would have reason to fear you.

Old Man Whirly!
are they talking london or greater london, because if we're getting technical than i would submit the entire ny metro area instead of just nyc.

that part about london having much more elbow room sounds lovely though. manhatten foot traffic is ridiculously congested at peak hours

but also my friend, i noticed the rest if the article as well smile

THE WINNER

Happy Dance haha they didn't factor in how important the history metric is to London. You remove it and it's half the city.

dadudemon

I have a hard time finding 24 hour stuff in any city.

You gotta go to drive thrus like McDonald's right off of highways. Every major city I've been to goes to sleep. Even NYC gets much quieter after hours and many places close.

I haven't been to Vegas. Or San Fran.

Robtard
Vegas is open 24/7 for food, but that's what a gaming capital will get you.

In SF, there's usually a food shop not far from a bar/club area. People leave the bars drunk and want something greasy like Pizza, sausages or Chinese food without having to walk very far.

dadudemon
Vegas is open 24/7 for food, but that's what a gaming capital will get you.

In SF, there's usually a food shop not far from a bar/club area. People leave the bars drunk and want something greasy like Pizza, sausages or Chinese food without having to walk very far.

But then they are closed until 5PM? I hate those places. sad

I want to eat at 4AM or 2PM. mad

Adam_PoE
That's good, But I've had a few other hole-in-the-wall shops that were good too.

There is a Brazillian pizza place in Lower-Haight that is good too.

Bashar Teg
i've never been to cali...well i technically was but that was death valley

Old Man Whirly!
where is the epicenter of annoying tourists in london. what's their version of times square? Leicester Square and Picadilly, the Tower, Buckingham Palace all bad.

Old Man Whirly!
San Franscisco was great. But I went long ago now.

Bashar Teg
Buckingham Palace

oooo i wanna make funny faces at the palace guards. bet nobody does that

Lord Lucien
oooo i wanna make funny faces at the palace guards. bet nobody does that I always knew you were creative, but this level of original ingenuity needs to be managed carefully.

Old Man Whirly!
oooo i wanna make funny faces at the palace guards. bet nobody does that laughing out loud

Artol
Originally posted by cdtm
Pros and cons of both?

I hear NY is always in Londons shadow.

They are both alright, I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.