Darth Maul vs Ahsoka Tano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their best and peak who do you think will win in the following:

1. Light saber duel only
2. All Force powers and abilities only, also who has more dominant force powers & abilities ?
3. Hand to hand combat (or CQC) only

Scizard
1. Ahsoka
2. I literally don't think either of them would get anywhere maybe Maul could choke Ahsoka after she's worn out? But I would say Ahsoka > Maul in terms of overall force power.
3. Ahsoka

Darthadi
Depends when is Maul's prime.

carthage
Ahsoka wins Sabers and against all versions
No idea in H2H

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darthadi
Depends when is Maul's prime. I think he's roughly the same age as Kenobi give or take.

xPRIMEx
Maul seems to be about the same level throughout all eras

xPRIMEx

ozz81
^^ @ xprimex yes but in that same series or episode (where she dueled/fought Vader ) she also dueled Maul slightly beforehand and no one was the victor but she ran away from Him and he still wanted to fight her telling her not to run away making fun of her etc ...

juggernaut74
I'm pretty sure the Fifth Brother was fighting Ahsoka for an extended period also in that episode.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ozz81
^^ @ xprimex yes but in that same series or episode (where she dueled/fought Vader ) she also dueled Maul slightly beforehand and no one was the victor but she ran away from Him and he still wanted to fight her telling her not to run away making fun of her etc ...
People keep saying they fought evenly, but maul didn't actualyl do anything of note when they fought besides getting driven back and being staggered back on a bladelock.

ozz81
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
People keep saying they fought evenly, but maul didn't actualyl do anything of note when they fought besides getting driven back and being staggered back on a bladelock.

cool but when exactly ? Do you mean when he was about to strike down Kanan during that moment onwards etc because She was using both arms and all her weight to push him back etc whereas it looked like he was just using just one arm casually (but not so sure) ..

ares834

She didn't "run away from him". lol

She left to fight a far more powerful foe while leaving Maul to a blinded Kanan. laughing out loud

ozz81
Originally posted by ares834
She didn't "run away from him". lol

She left to fight a far more powerful foe while leaving Maul to a blinded Kanan. laughing out loud

lol cool ok fair enough.. yeah i guess as well to check on Ezra etc..

Eli Vanto
So what's the consensus? Does everyone agree that Maul and Ahsoka were on about the same level, or do you guys still think one of them was above the other?

Scizard
I think Rebels Ahsoka is quite a bit more powerful than all versions of Maul we've seen.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
So what's the consensus? Does everyone agree that Maul and Ahsoka were on about the same level, or do you guys still think one of them was above the other? In TCW or Rebels?

They were definitely peers in TCW. Aside from their battle, the simple fact that Anakin and Kenobi felt comfortable sending Ahsoka to apprehend Maul suggests that they felt she was capable of the task... They wouldn't have knowingly sent her on a suicide mission.

By Rebels, Ahsoka was logically well above Maul in general.

hutchy1345
Full potential ahsoka? Dooku level would you say?

Galan007
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Full potential ahsoka? Dooku level would you say? Guess it depends how you think Dooku would fair against Vader. /shrug

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Galan007
Guess it depends how you think Dooku would fair against Vader. /shrug

Well in canon Vader > ROTS anakin

Ahsoka did quite well against Vader so she might even be above Dooku

ozz81

YousufKhan1212
What kind of mismatch is this? Maul gets rag dolled continuously. Give us Ahsoka vs Maul & Dooku and maybe we can talk. Ahsoka is power.

Galan007

hutchy1345
In rebels when ahsoka, maul, kanan and ezra are climbing the sith temple, they have to pair off
They say the most logical course of action is to put maul with ezra
Ezra is the weakest one there, wouldn't it make sense to put the strongest one with him - ie Maul?
Does this show it was intended to be Maul>Ahsoka>Kanan>Ezra in Rebels?

ozz81
Originally posted by hutchy1345
In rebels when ahsoka, maul, kanan and ezra are climbing the sith temple, they have to pair off
They say the most logical course of action is to put maul with ezra
Ezra is the weakest one there, wouldn't it make sense to put the strongest one with him - ie Maul?
Does this show it was intended to be Maul>Ahsoka>Kanan>Ezra in Rebels?

Yeah that sounds plausible ... also maul laughing at Ahsoka for running away ..

ozz81
https://youtu.be/Eraeswuri0s

Dark-Kenshin
Yeah that sounds plausible ... also maul laughing at Ahsoka for running away .. Filoni retconned that either because he has developed a fetish for humiliating Maul or because Disney is now in the WAHMEN era and someone with a uterus simply couldn't be shown running away (even for tactical reasons); she had to come out on top and then some.

Unbowed
https://youtu.be/Eraeswuri0s
This should put to rest any notion of "parity" between them. Maul lost in episode 10 due to plot induced stupidity, like he always does. He could have pushed her to her death with a flick of his wrist.

ozz81
Dave Filoni confirms that maul is the superior and better fighter then Ashoka but lost the battle due to his overconfidence .

https://youtu.be/Z_LbLVIrUVU

juggernaut74
Dave Filoni confirms that maul is the superior and better fighter then Ashoka but lost the battle due to his overconfidence .

https://youtu.be/Z_LbLVIrUVU Case closed I suppose on that.

Rebels Ahsoka is another story though.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Unbowed
This should put to rest any notion of "parity" between them. Maul lost in episode 10 due to plot induced stupidity, like he always does. He could have pushed her to her death with a flick of his wrist.
He could have pushed her to death because they happened to be fighting on a construnction beam. In a normal battleground ahsoka would jump backj, retrieve her lightsabers and keep fighting.

I realize that ahsoka being close to maul as of rots basically destroys any sort of argument maul has for...well anything at this point, but there's nothing to really dispute that being the case.

Total Warrior
Maul wins as per Filoni. Even without Filoni be disarmed her and his force feats are better

xPRIMEx
Ahsoka wins because... she already did, not even in her prime. Even if Maul is better he consistently loses to weaker opponents due to his arrogance/stupidity

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Maul wins as per Filoni. Even without Filoni be disarmed her and his force feats are better
Ahsoka's freighter pulling rivals literally any of maul's feats. And this is ROS. Then she proceeds to contend with a force user whose feats and sclaing blow cw Maul out of the water.

At some point you need to accept the obvious.

Scizard
https://prnt.sc/scg2kk

Pretty sure most already knew this but **vastly** more skilled as of Rebels.

ozz81

ares834
The Force Push is a very dubious argument. Ahsoka was forced to rush in headlong at Maul in an attempt to prevent him from taking the shuttle leaving herself relatively defenseless. Could Maul preform something similar against Ahsoka in a normal duel? I'm not at all inclined to think so.

ares834

https://youtu.be/Z_LbLVIrUVU

Wrong. He says he is the better sword fighter not that he is the better fighter. There is quite a bit more that goes into these duels beyond mere sword work including such things as personality flaws. wink

Filoni also mentions that Ahsoka "compete(s) at his (Maul's) level" so any notion of a significant disparity between the two should be thrown out the window.

Galan007
Yeah, if his character flaws were a one-time thing that happened against Ahsoka exclusively, then I would just write it off as PIS or w/e... But it's definitely not a one-off.

Maul's ego/overconfidence has played a factor in almost every noteworthy battle he's had in canon(even as far back as TPM.) It's just how he fights, and why he typically loses.

ozz81
Wrong. He says he is the better sword fighter not that he is the better fighter. There is quite a bit more that goes into these duels beyond mere sword work including such things as personality flaws. wink

Filoni also mentions that Ahsoka "compete(s) at his (Maul's) level" so any notion of a significant disparity between the two should be thrown out the window.

Ok cool cool ... Not only did he say that maul was the better sword fighter , at 3:16 in the video he states that Filoni says Darth maul is a more powerful combatant and light saber duelist.

Also mentions beforehand that when she flipped maul out the window she thinks or pauses for a bit as it took its toll on her mentally as she never fought a person at his level and needed to elevate herself ..
But obviously maul always loses due to his overconfidence..

Rockydonovang
Quote please.

Also it's now explicitly noted Ahsoka was vastly more skilled in rebels, so...

Rockydonovang
Ok cool cool ... Not only did he say that maul was the better sword fighter , at 3:16 in the video he states that Filoni says Darth maul is a more powerful combatant and light saber duelist.

Also mentions beforehand that when she flipped maul out the window she thinks or pauses for a bit as it took its toll on her mentally as she never fought a person at his level and needed to elevate herself ..
But obviously maul always loses due to his overconfidence..
Yeah, maul is >ros Ahsoka.

At the same time however, ahsoka being able to compete on maul's level indicates its more of a >/= thing than a >> thing.

, Eh, Ahsoka's body was contorted 180 degrees when he pushed her. I don't think her defenses were up. That being said, yeah, Maul's probably a little more powerful as of ROS.

She is going to be in mandalorian 2. I really hope she doesn't get trained by kenobi since that would break the story, but who knows. Disney doesn't seem to care for the past.

Galan007
My opinion: Maul had the greater skill, but Ahsoka was still skilled enough to rival him. Ahsoka ultimately gained the advantage because Maul is an overconfident dipshit when he fights, which is fully in character for him.

That being said, I definitely think Maul was superior in the Force(his feats in the last few eps seemed indicative of such, imo), but that superiority was effectively negated in an actual battle for the aforementioned reasons. His ego almost always gets in the way.

She is going to be in mandalorian 2. I really hope she doesn't get trained by kenobi since that would break the story, but who knows. Disney doesn't seem to care for the past. I just hope Gideon /w/ Darksaber doesn't manage to give her any sort of fight at all...

Rockydonovang
My opinion: Maul had the greater skill, but Ahsoka was still skilled enough to rival him. Ahsoka ultimately gained the advantage because Maul is an overconfident dipshit when he fights, which is fully in character for him.

That being said, I definitely think Maul was superior in the Force(his feats in the last few eps seemed indicative of such, imo), but that superiority was effectively negated in an actual battle for the aforementioned reasons. His ego almost always gets in the way.

I just hope Gideon /w/ Darksaber doesn't manage to give her any sort of fight at all...
Eh, I think Ahsoka pulling a freighter back is comparably impressive to maul's hyperdrive showing. Maybe maul handled more mass, but Ahsoka didn't have the luxury of gathering her energy and was actively contesting the ship engine. I also think Maul not being able to break out of her grip indicates some degree of parity. I don't think Maul's power edge is necessarily more significant than his sabers one.

I'm curious how they plan to use Ahsoka. Maybe there's a secret sith that awaits?

Galan007
Yeah, not saying the gap was massive by any means. Just saying that he did seem to be superior in that regard (imo).

But again, any kind of superiority he may have had went out the window when they actually fought.

Rockydonovang
Yeah, not saying the gap was massive by any means. Just saying that he did seem to be superior in that regard (imo).

But again, any kind of superiority he may have had went out the window when they actually fought.
Yeah, I'd agree.

Is it safe to say his overconfidence should be counted against him when dealing with comparable combatants?

Galan007
Absolutely, imo.

I mentioned this in another thread, but historically speaking, Maul's overconfidence has almost always been his undoing in canon:

-Could have killed Kenobi in TPM, but didn't because he went full-tard.
-Could have killed Kenobi again in TCW(after Satine's death), but didn't because he went full-tard.
-May have been able to kill Ahsoka in TCW if he had struck immediately after disarming her, but didn't because he went full-tard.
-Could have killed Kanan in Rebels with a simple Force push, but didn't because he went full-tard.
etc.

ares834

Then he is wrong because Filoni does not say that.

ares834
Quote please.

Also it's now explicitly noted Ahsoka was vastly more skilled in rebels, so...

https://youtu.be/3FZfmHfMrN8?t=291

ozz81
Then he is wrong because Filoni does not say that.

But if he states that Filoni said that then he has to be right as his site is quite legit..
But yeah i reckon it will be good to see what Filoni said about the whole thing in his own words..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.