Ahsoka vs. Anakin [canon]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Rebels Ahsoka
ROTS Anakin

Darthadi
Depends on how big is the disparity between Vader and Anakin. Anakin should win imo.

YousufKhan1212
Not sure, I don't think they would be willing to fight each other. However, if we remove their knowledge of each other, pretend they've never met each other and have no idea who each other are, Anakin gets rag dolled continuously.

Galan007
I think this would be a really good fight, tbh. Undecided who would win, but they'd be hard-pressed either way, imo.

Scizard
Yeah I think this would be very close as well. I'd ultimately give it to Anakin, but I could be persuaded either way.

Sheev
Anakin after a long fight.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
I think this would be a really good fight, tbh. Undecided who would win, but they'd be hard-pressed either way, imo.
So per canon, was vader>>anakin as of his fight vs ahsoka? And is there any indication what the gap was?

Galan007
Yes, Rebels Vader is definitely > RotS Anakin.

Not sure how great the gap between them is.

Forschbewithu
I'm surprised how much love Ahsoka is getting in this thread.... I'd say Anakin beats her with mild to medium difficulty.

She gave Maul a great fight, but in the end it was Maul's arrogance that lead to his defeat (per the usual).

I'd put Ahsoka just below Maul, around Ventress level.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
I'm surprised how much love Ahsoka is getting in this thread.... I'd say Anakin beats her with mild to medium difficulty.

She gave Maul a great fight, but in the end it was Maul's arrogance that lead to his defeat (per the usual).

Ur deffo a maul sympathizer.

Galan007
I'd put Ahsoka just below Maul, around Ventress level. I'd say Maul and Ahsoka were peers. The battle itself is indicative of such, imo.

Aside from that, Kenobi has personally fought Maul(and seen him in battle) multiple times, and was still okay with sending Ahsoka to apprehend him by herself. If he didn't feel confident that she was up to the task, he likely wouldn't have agreed to send her on the mission.

...I don't think he would have knowingly sent her on a suicide run.

xPRIMEx

Forschbewithu
I'd say Maul and Ahsoka were peers. The battle itself is indicative of such, imo.

Aside from that, Kenobi has personally fought Maul(and seen him in battle) multiple times, and was still okay with sending Ahsoka to apprehend him by herself. If he didn't feel confident that she was up to the task, he likely wouldn't have agreed to send her on the mission.

...I don't think he would have knowingly sent her on a suicide run.

Agreed! Would you put Ventress in that same category? DD Ventress?

NewGuy01

https://youtu.be/ifRoDS3Xstg?t=252

NTJack0
I think Ahsoka actually has a decent shot at winning this.

ozz81

yeah good point that: Mauls problem is in the end when trying to close or end the duel/battle he always seems to stuff up in the end or lose due to his arrogance and overconfidence : almost like its become iconic.. But yeah he did seem to put up a decent fight with Ashoka but obviously in the end stuffing up..
Ahsoka does seem good at disarming foes bare hands though even in rebels she did the same to one of the inquisitors..

Lord Stark
Anakin would smoke Maul whereas even in Rebels Ahsoka still needs to put in a lot of effort to put him down. So I'd probs lean Anakin.

ozz81
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Anakin would smoke Maul whereas even in Rebels Ahsoka still needs to put in a lot of effort to put him down. So I'd probs lean Anakin.

Cool i reckon maybe not Aniken but vader might be able to defeat maul, not sure how true this is or if it was canon read somewhere briefly : because they say aniken he didnt know up to form 7 in light sabers he only knew from forms 1-6 thats why he was sort of struggling with Obi on mustafar in ROS , where as maul knew forms 1-7 , but Vader learned form 7 from sidious etc

ozz81
yeah i reckon edge to Ashoka she did well against vader who was above aniken his former self etc.. also with her bare hands disarmed a inquisitor and destroyed their light saber ..

Darthadi
Anakin for sure, but Ahsoka can give him a fight.

Total Warrior
Anakin would beat Maul easily. So he would also beat Ahsoka easily

quanchi112

YousufKhan1212
Rebels Maul, or any post-TPM Maul, might not be as mentally disciplined as his TPM self, but Ahsoka fodderises all 3 Mauls simultaneously.

quanchi112
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Rebels Maul, or any post-TPM Maul, might not be as mentally disciplined as his TPM self, but Ahsoka fodderises all 3 Mauls simultaneously. Nah, Maul was trying to leave and did not press his advantage. He set it up to kill Anakin and decided to recruit her. Once that failed he just wanted to leave. He stopped and asked her again to join him after he disarmed her.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by quanchi112
Maul was a shell of himself in rebels. Still very cunning and wise but far past his prime which was most likely TPM. Star Wars duels fall all over the place tbh.

Certainly debatable. There are no canon sources that state Maul declined. There is, however, a quote from Filoni that states Maul's lightsaber skills increased.

Side note - did not notice this is REBELS Ahsoka, not CW..... An argument can certainly be made for Ahsoka winning this....

quanchi112
Certainly debatable. There are no canon sources that state Maul declined. There is, however, a quote from Filoni that states Maul's lightsaber skills increased.

Side note - did not notice this is REBELS Ahsoka, not CW..... An argument can certainly be made for Ahsoka winning this.... Link me. Filoni truly loves Tano but it this is his intention I cannot object. I am a man of principle. I love Maul but he loses badly to Rey so this proves my integrity.

juggernaut74
Nah, Maul was trying to leave and did not press his advantage. He set it up to kill Anakin and decided to recruit her. Once that failed he just wanted to leave. He stopped and asked her again to join him after he disarmed her. Maul was definitely defeated there. Sucks but it's true.

Forschbewithu
Link me. Filoni truly loves Tano but it this is his intention I cannot object. I am a man of principle. I love Maul but he loses badly to Rey so this proves my integrity.

It's a fairly well-known quote:

"If you talk to a lot of people who sword fight, they'll tell you people who are very good don't have long fights. So that scene, its a homage to the 7th samurai. I think on one level people would be excited to see a prolonged lightsaber fight. But I just never really saw the confrontation that way because to do that is to say the characters don't have growth.Yes it's exciting as an audience member but it's not a really believable thing, the story telling has to evolve"
Filoni quote, Rebels recon 20

There are many people who like to say this quote is about character growth, which to me, is silly. Just take the quote literally. Growth is clearly referring to lightsaber combat. They aren't having a prolonged fight because master swordsmen don't have long fights. They've experienced growth in combat since their battles in the Clone Wars

YousufKhan1212

"If you talk to a lot of people who sword fight, they'll tell you people who are very good don't have long fights. So that scene, its a homage to the 7th samurai. I think on one level people would be excited to see a prolonged lightsaber fight. But I just never really saw the confrontation that way because to do that is to say the characters don't have growth.Yes it's exciting as an audience member but it's not a really believable thing, the story telling has to evolve"

There are many people who like to say this quote is about character growth, which to me, is silly. Just take the quote literally. Growth is clearly referring to lightsaber combat. They aren't having a prolonged fight because master swordsmen don't have long fights. They've experienced growth in combat since their battles in the Clone Wars

That quote is about character development though, Filoni explicitly states that the story telling had to evolve at the end of the quote, and in another interview Filoni actually expands on his reason for not wanting another prolonged lightsaber fight i.e. that it would be generic and predictable because he has already done them many many times in the past. Plus, literally every time Filoni is talking about that duel, he is constantly preaching about character development and story telling development, he doesn't care about power levels, the closest we've ever gotten to SW officials caring about power levels in Star Wars is George Lucas and Nick Gillard's tier system for the prequel era fighters, and even that's usefulness for debating purposes is limited, and some argue that it doesn't apply to the EU.

The most literal interpretation isn't always the correct interpretation. Your reading of this quote actually backfires because interestingly enough, it proves the exact opposite in Maul's case because Maul got 3 shotted by Ben in Rebels, but lasted far longer in their last 2 fights in TCW, so by your line of thought, it was actually Ben who became a really good swordsman since TCW, not Maul, because it was Ben who won that fight in Twin Suns, not Maul, because Ben 3 shotted Maul, and Maul lost extremely quickly. In other words, they didn't have a prolonged fight because Kenobi became a master swordsman since TCW and ended Maul within 3 strikes, if both of them had have improved, Maul wouldn't have gotten 3 shotted for that reason because that's not how SW duels work, and that's a poor way of conveying the notion that both their skills increased.

What invalidates your (mis)interpretation of Filoni's statement about story telling, is that there are two canon LFL sources saying Ben became weaker, one of them explicitly stating that Ben became older and weaker (2016's Jedi vs Sith) and the other saying that his movements a were slowed down by age and lack of practice (2018's Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force), so no, Ben didn't improve in lightsaber combat, he declined, you can't invalidate these LFL sources with your interpretation of a statement from Filoni, an interpretation that isn't any more valid than the interpretation that he's talking about character development and evolution of story telling. However, there the statement that Ben deepened his connection to the Force, which indicates that his Force powers/reserves increased, but that's not mutually exclusive with the sources saying he declined in lightsaber combat.

As for Maul, the only *actual* statement we have on whether he improved or declined is a statement from Matt Martin when he was asked on the matter (Martin is a Lucasfilm story group member who worked on Rebels if you didn't realise), and what did he say? He said that Maul is older and out of practice by the time of Rebels, being out of practice means that your skills are rusty and atrophied, so Maul as of Rebels, is out of practice, so his lightsaber skills have declined. To what degree he was out of practice, is unknown, but he was still able to tool around with inquisitors and hold his own against Ahsoka, so even an out practice Maul is still competent.

quanchi112

There are many people who like to say this quote is about character growth, which to me, is silly. Just take the quote literally. Growth is clearly referring to lightsaber combat. They aren't having a prolonged fight because master swordsmen don't have long fights. They've experienced growth in combat since their battles in the Clone Wars I do not agree with you but power levels has never been a top priority for most story tellers. Fans try to make sense of scenes illustrated to tell a story, be compelling, and to entertain. Suspension of belief is typically left at the door.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
https://youtu.be/ifRoDS3Xstg?t=252
So anakin's training of ahsoka would allow him to to beat her like how dooku was able to easily beat ataru users?

Rockydonovang
That quote is about character development though, Filoni explicitly states that the story telling had to evolve at the end of the quote, and in another interview Filoni actually expands on his reason for not wanting another prolonged lightsaber fight i.e. that it would be generic and predictable because he has already done them many many times in the past. Plus, literally every time Filoni is talking about that duel, he is constantly preaching about character development and story telling development
What filoni says in other interviews is irrelevant. If it's about storytelling/character development you should be able to draw that from the text.

Forschbewithu
That quote is about character development though, Filoni explicitly states that the story telling had to evolve at the end of the quote, and in another interview Filoni actually expands on his reason for not wanting another prolonged lightsaber fight i.e. that it would be generic and predictable because he has already done them many many times in the past. Plus, literally every time Filoni is talking about that duel, he is constantly preaching about character development and story telling development, he doesn't care about power levels, the closest we've ever gotten to SW officials caring about power levels in Star Wars is George Lucas and Nick Gillard's tier system for the prequel era fighters, and even that's usefulness for debating purposes is limited, and some argue that it doesn't apply to the EU.

The most literal interpretation isn't always the correct interpretation. Your reading of this quote actually backfires because interestingly enough, it proves the exact opposite in Maul's case because Maul got 3 shotted by Ben in Rebels, but lasted far longer in their last 2 fights in TCW, so by your line of thought, it was actually Ben who became a really good swordsman since TCW, not Maul, because it was Ben who won that fight in Twin Suns, not Maul, because Ben 3 shotted Maul, and Maul lost extremely quickly. In other words, they didn't have a prolonged fight because Kenobi became a master swordsman since TCW and ended Maul within 3 strikes, if both of them had have improved, Maul wouldn't have gotten 3 shotted for that reason because that's not how SW duels work, and that's a poor way of conveying the notion that both their skills increased.

What invalidates your (mis)interpretation of Filoni's statement about story telling, is that there are two canon LFL sources saying Ben became weaker, one of them explicitly stating that Ben became older and weaker (2016's Jedi vs Sith) and the other saying that his movements a were slowed down by age and lack of practice (2018's Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force), so no, Ben didn't improve in lightsaber combat, he declined, you can't invalidate these LFL sources with your interpretation of a statement from Filoni, an interpretation that isn't any more valid than the interpretation that he's talking about character development and evolution of story telling. However, there the statement that Ben deepened his connection to the Force, which indicates that his Force powers/reserves increased, but that's not mutually exclusive with the sources saying he declined in lightsaber combat.

As for Maul, the only *actual* statement we have on whether he improved or declined is a statement from Matt Martin when he was asked on the matter (Martin is a Lucasfilm story group member who worked on Rebels if you didn't realise), and what did he say? He said that Maul is older and out of practice by the time of Rebels, being out of practice means that your skills are rusty and atrophied, so Maul as of Rebels, is out of practice, so his lightsaber skills have declined. To what degree he was out of practice, is unknown, but he was still able to tool around with inquisitors and hold his own against Ahsoka, so even an out practice Maul is still competent.

There is so much wrong with this that I'm not even sure I want to put the time into a full reply to this. Why couldn't you have just argued one point at a time?

Sheev
Anakin wins after a long fight

McP
Make it Anakin seconds after he killed Palpatine, will be closer.

juggernaut74
Ahsoka went toe to toe with Vader and Vader from that era>>>Anakin.

I'd say Ahsoka wins with medium effort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.