Gangs of London

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Banshee on steroids!

Surtur
Peaky fookin' Blinders could kill 'em all

Old Man Whirly!
This one is beyond Banshee level OTT, trust me, the level of hyper violence is hilarious.

samhain
Cool, Banshee was uber-violent. Time period? Only because I'm imagining Gangs Of New York but for London.

Surtur
It's present day

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by samhain
Cool, Banshee was uber-violent. Time period? Only because I'm imagining Gangs Of New York but for London. Originally posted by Surtur
It's present day The damage soak on any major characters is up there with Hood.

The plot where Banshee was villian pretends to be cop is the opposite undercover cop acts as criminal to the point of committing criminal acts. Many OTT characters including a 7 ft Jaws type henchman torturer in the last episode and a muscle bound gypsy butcher who does amputations.it's a classic.

jaden_2.0
Wasn't sure Gareth Evans' style would work with this but it surprisingly does for the most part. Great opening episode. The plot and stylistic direction reminds me a bit of The Shadow Line which was phenomenal. This goes for the more visceral than cerebral though.

jaden_2.0
So I'm 5 episodes and the violence is truly off the charts. Outstanding levels of brutality. People getting tortured to death on red hot metal plates, heads getting destroyed by sniper rifles. Shotgun blasts to the face, obliteration by c4.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Wasn't sure Gareth Evans' style would work with this but it surprisingly does for the most part. Great opening episode. The plot and stylistic direction reminds me a bit of The Shadow Line which was phenomenal. This goes for the more visceral than cerebral though. Have not seen Shadow Line, I will definately be watching it withar recommendation.Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So I'm 5 episodes and the violence is truly off the charts. Outstanding levels of brutality. People getting tortured to death on red hot metal plates, heads getting destroyed by sniper rifles. Shotgun blasts to the face, obliteration by c4. Agreed, it's the craziest ride I have ever seen on telly!

jaden_2.0
da8F4S72boI

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
da8F4S72boI Awesome, watched The shadowline btw... Excellent!

cdtm
More glorification of organized crime, disgusting.

jaden_2.0
S1 was an action and violence masterclass with a tight plot about family and deception.

S2 has been derivative, unfocused, boring crap.

That's what happens when you change from a stylistic visionary director to a talentless hack.

BruceSkywalker
will anyone recommend

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will anyone recommend haven't watched 2 yet, series 1 was awesome.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
haven't watched 2 yet, series 1 was awesome.

thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.