Looking for Gamers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Anyone play Destiny 2 or at worst Overwatch?

BackFire

dadudemon
I was playing No Man's Sky. It's like the buggier but far better version of Minecreaft: but you can explore a who sci-fi universe with various tech, weapons, capital ships, etc.

They added tons of content and features. Multiply Minecraft's complexity by 1,000 and that's what this game is. Love the Sci-Fi setting. You can visit lots of planets, star systems, ships, and missions.

Almost no depth to any characters so it has a very week main player story that more or less functions to unlock or guide you to all the \content.

Eon Blue

samhain
I've been playing this duct tape hoarding simulator called Fallout 4.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
I was playing No Man's Sky. It's like the buggier but far better version of Minecreaft: but you can explore a who sci-fi universe with various tech, weapons, capital ships, etc.

They added tons of content and features. Multiply Minecraft's complexity by 1,000 and that's what this game is. Love the Sci-Fi setting. You can visit lots of planets, star systems, ships, and missions.

Almost no depth to any characters so it has a very week main player story that more or less functions to unlock or guide you to all the \content.

I preferred Rebel Galaxy for my space fix.

Cruising around in ever more destructive capital ships, tacking Pirate Lords, and enjoying an Elite style trading system is more my idea of fun over a massive procedurally generated world of mediocrity.

Same reason I just can't get into GTA anymore. Yeah, being able to do anything you want in a maasive city sounds good in theory. But in the end you just wish you were doing it better somewhere else, whether its driving, steal kills, gunplay, or whatever.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by samhain
I've been playing this duct tape hoarding simulator called Fallout 4.

If you ever get tired of hoarding duct tape and want to make it more like current real life, you can add this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43857

Surtur
I'm a gamer, but to be honest I don't really play online games. The most I do with multi-player is play Diablo 3 with friends. The last game I played was Skyrim(a modded Skyrim, of course).

cdtm
I play Destiny 2 on and off, got the base game free.

Haven't reinstalled it on my new AMD Ryzen Vega 10 laptop.

Lately I've been playing mostly Dead Rising on the Xbox 360, unlocked the Real Mega Buster, the Megaman outfit, and was going to take a shot at the 7 day survivor achievement until I found out I needed to play for 14 hours straight.

Yeeah, not happening.

So I decided to move on to Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and see if I can get good enough to S platinum it, on any difficulty.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm a gamer, but to be honest I don't really play online games. The most I do with multi-player is play Diablo 3 with friends. The last game I played was Skyrim(a modded Skyrim, of course).

I do still play games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim as well, mainly because of their modding capabilities. I have 380-odd mods on my Fallout 4 load order, with like a 100 of them just being weapon mods. Had to manually flag a lot of the mods as light myself with FO4Edit to fit them all, but it was worth it. Got a bunch of settlement overhaul-related stuff and also have a lot of extra quest and content mods (currently having a go at Fourville, The Machine and Her and Maxwell's World), which becomes kind of a necessity once you've beaten the base game and DLCs as many times as I have lol. But last time I played I was messing around with a Humvee mod. Can drive around and shoot things with the roof-mounted weapons or, failing that, just run them over.

Nuke Nixon
I'm a Warcraft Lifer and Hearthstone secondary. Completely irredeemable.

Impediment
I have a PS4 and an Xbox One S.

I'm a Sony fanboy, personally. My 15 year old daughter plays the Xbox since the majority of her friends do. They all play Overwatch, Minecraft, Roblox, and others. I've played Overwatch here and there, but it got a little boring to me. I can't even remember my level, but it's probably less than 40. I played with Mercy, mostly, and Reinhardt and Soldier.

I'm not the best Call of Duty player in the world, but I f*cking love playing Blackout on Black Ops 4. Other online games I play are GTA V, or RDR 2.

I finished FF7 Remake in 33 hours and I'm taking a break before I play again on Hard mode.

I'm mostly a fan of Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, God of War, Batman Arkham, Mario Kart, and Uncharted.

Blakemore

BrolyBlack

Trocity
On console, the multiplayer games I'm cycling through atm are:

Rocket League
R6 Siege
Apex Legends

Sometimes war zone.

BackFire

Eon Blue

StyleTime

NemeBro
Originally posted by StyleTime
I'd recommend Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night if you like Castlevania and haven't played it already. There's actually quite a few good Metroidvanias out there at the moment. Phuck that, play Hollow Knight.

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
I preferred Rebel Galaxy for my space fix.

Cruising around in ever more destructive capital ships, tacking Pirate Lords, and enjoying an Elite style trading system is more my idea of fun over a massive procedurally generated world of mediocrity.

Same reason I just can't get into GTA anymore. Yeah, being able to do anything you want in a maasive city sounds good in theory. But in the end you just wish you were doing it better somewhere else, whether its driving, steal kills, gunplay, or whatever.

I'll check out Rebel Galaxy, then. Thanks for the rec!

Originally posted by Impediment
I have a PS4 and an Xbox One S.

I'm a Sony fanboy, personally. My 15 year old daughter plays the Xbox since the majority of her friends do. They all play Overwatch, Minecraft, Roblox, and others. I've played Overwatch here and there, but it got a little boring to me. I can't even remember my level, but it's probably less than 40. I played with Mercy, mostly, and Reinhardt and Soldier.

I'm not the best Call of Duty player in the world, but I f*cking love playing Blackout on Black Ops 4. Other online games I play are GTA V, or RDR 2.

I finished FF7 Remake in 33 hours and I'm taking a break before I play again on Hard mode.

I'm mostly a fan of Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, God of War, Batman Arkham, Mario Kart, and Uncharted.

We should definitely fire up Black Ops when the new Xbox comes out. I prefer FPS games with a keyboard and mouse, however. I'll see if I can get one for the new XBOX when it goes down. We can get some of our other homies to join and fill up a team.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
I actually just saw an ad for this game called "Predator Hunting Grounds". It just came out a little over a week ago. I admit the concept does sound kinda cool, one player controls a predator and the rest control marines. I have no idea how good the game actually is though.

BrolyBlack
I actually just saw an ad for this game called "Predator Hunting Grounds". It just came out a little over a week ago. I admit the concept does sound kinda cool, one player controls a predator and the rest control marines. I have no idea how good the game actually is though.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/30/21240452/predator-hunting-grounds-impressions-ps4

cdtm

They had a free game for years now that basically lets you do the same thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tb1m0OvXK8U

Sort of.

Not "Aliens" aliens, but you can play as spider things.

cdtm
I'll just offer this here for anyone that missed it:

http://megaman.capcom.com/sfxmm/sfxmm_dl_us.html

It's a fan game where Megaman fights robot master versions of Street Fighter characters. Capcom actually worked with the dev and authorized it for Megaman's anniversary, so this is is free and legal as it gets.

I've tried it, and its indeed very fun. And hilarious, seeing how super cute the Street Fighter characters are as 8 bit robot masters, like something out of a weird anime.

StyleTime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Phuck that, play Hollow Knight.
Phuck Hollow Knight.

But also, yes, play Hollow Knight too. I mentioned Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night because it's the official, very worthy, spiritual successor to Castlevania made by Igarashi himself: I figure it's the easiest transition for recovering Castlevania addicts. I push the game whenever I can. I was going to list some others but we're in such a renaissance for this genre. You could basically type "Metroidvania" in Steam, or watch footage on YouTube, and pick the ones with the art/music style you like most. Even the mediocre ones are worth playing, and none are expensive. Like adorable fantasy stuff? Shantae's series is pretty sweet. Want grimdark edgelord stuff? Give Blasphemous a go. You can't really go wrong.

Great time to be a fan of the genre.

cdtm
Phuck Hollow Knight.

But also, yes, play Hollow Knight too. I mentioned Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night because it's the official, very worthy, spiritual successor to Castlevania made by Igarashi himself: I figure it's the easiest transition for recovering Castlevania addicts. I push the game whenever I can. I was going to list some others but we're in such a renaissance for this genre. You could basically type "Metroidvania" in Steam, or watch footage on YouTube, and pick the ones with the art/music style you like most. Even the mediocre ones are worth playing, and none are expensive. Like adorable fantasy stuff? Shantae's series is pretty sweet. Want grimdark edgelord stuff? Give Blasphemous a go. You can't really go wrong.

Epic gave away a ton of good mediocre Metroidvanias.

Sundred Elddritch Edition for example. Or Axiom Verge.

Personally I love Hyper Light Drifter, which isn't technically a metroidvania as it is a Zelda style hack and slash, but all fans of solid old school games should love it.

cdtm
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

This was all the rage back in the day, as free Metroidvania"s go. Up there with Cave Story. It may look rather unpolished compared to commercial games, but it has a good story, good gameplay, great music, and a pacifist route.

BrolyBlack
These new destiny exotics are amazing

Surtur
I'm disappointed now we're being told the new Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines won't be out until Christmas.

cdtm
So I looked up Bloodstained ROtN on Steam.

40 dollars??! eek!

Maybe it's totally worth it, but I just don't like this trend if indie games gradually creeping up on price. It all started when Binding of Isaac Rebirth was successful enough to demand 15 bucks, up from the originals 7. Then EVERY indie went "Mee too!" And suddenly 15 becomes the new normal.

Not that I haven't spent more on less. Platinum Games was a glorified Indy developer for consoles, and as good as games like Transformers Devastation are, it probably shouldn't go for 40-50 dollars with a 6 hour campaign.

Anyways, I'm nowhere near enough of a Metroidvania fan to spend that amount on this.

Tzeentch
We should definitely fire up Black Ops when the new Xbox comes out. I prefer FPS games with a keyboard and mouse, however. I'll see if I can get one for the new XBOX when it goes down. We can get some of our other homies to join and fill up a team. We're in a new and exciting world DDM. The latest Call of Duty has crossplay- I wouldn't be surprised if the sequels do as well.

You can dab on console peasants with your superior aiming devices.

cdtm
If you guys want to get Jduke or Zandurem, I'll show you how good an Xbox gamepad on Duke Nukem 3D or Doom can be. thumb up

Eon Blue
Phuck Hollow Knight.

Thanks for the good recs. thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
We're in a new and exciting world DDM. The latest Call of Duty has crossplay- I wouldn't be surprised if the sequels do as well.

You can dab on console peasants with your superior aiming devices.

Every game I look up to see if they have crossplay, they don't.

Seems to be true for Black Ops 4:
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/443409-black-ops-4-cross-platform-xbox-one-ps4-pc

But you're referring to Modern Warfare which I find myself having 0 interest in.

And, yes, my aim sucks terribly with a controller. Over 2 decades of playing FPS games with a controller (and PC) and I'm still much better on a keyboard and mouse.

BrolyBlack
People still play COD?laughing out loud

Surtur
I remember playing COD 4 a lot.

I enjoy FPS's, but not necessarily of the COD variety.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
People still play COD?laughing out loud

Not me. I haven't played it in years.

But I am interested in doing so.

BrolyBlack
Yall need to get a gaming rig.

samhain
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
If you ever get tired of hoarding duct tape and want to make it more like current real life, you can add this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43857

I saw that on the site. I've often thought that if Survival Mode wants to be truly immersive, you should have to find a place to defecate every 18 hours or so, ultimately leading to you soiling your pants if neglected and a reduction in your charisma. Makes as much sense as some of the other stuff in Survival.

dadudemon
I only play on PC and I don't have any gaming consoles.

I stopped playing Destiny after I got to the "light" requirements in the armor and got a couple of exotics. Then the grind was very very tedious and boring. Zero interest in a game like that and it is not fun to me to kill the same bosses and do the same missions over and over again to farm equipment.

I also got very bored of the PvP aspect of the game and stopped playing when I unlocked a few legendaries. It was just pointless and unenjoyable for the incremental improvements.

Remember Perfect Dark? The Laptop Gun? That game was fun. It lasted for ages and you could play for ages. I got a similar enjoyment out of Black Ops II.

TheVaultDweller
I saw that on the site. I've often thought that if Survival Mode wants to be truly immersive, you should have to find a place to defecate every 18 hours or so, ultimately leading to you soiling your pants if neglected and a reduction in your charisma. Makes as much sense as some of the other stuff in Survival.

Lol I am pretty sure there is some kind of poop-related survival mod somewhere, but it'd likely get banned off Nexus if someone tried uploading it there. In fact, I think the RSE Elements mods (which functions as a Survival Mode replacer mod) actually did something along those lines... And ended up getting deleted off the site for some reason. But I know Nexus has become less and less tolerant of the edgier stuff in recent times. Hell, even the friggin' Donald Trump companion mod got deleted after only being on there for like a few hours lol. I'm honestly surprised mods like Chinballs are still up.

But yeah, Survival Mode is kinda dogshit IMO. I just play on Very Hard with a few other mods to simulate some elements of Survival mode (the ones that don't suck), and otherwise beef up the rest of the game with a large combination of NPC/Enemy overhaul mods, ranging from ones that strengthen them (Deadlier Deathclaws, Courser Crusher, Deadly Predators, Supermutants Shall Inherit the Earth, High Level Spawns and a few others), increase their numbers and activity (NPC Travel, Roving War Parties and Raider Gangs, Raider Gangs Extended, More Enemies etc.), or give them better gear (like more powerful weapons with LL-inject scripts, so they don't conflict with each other, Galac-Tac Tactical gear etc.). I used to run The Deadly Commonwealth, but that mod hasn't been updated in years and it really shows at this point.

Ayelewis

Eon Blue

Surtur
Speaking of games I just saw they are making a stealth game where you play as Gollum lol. Weird.

Surtur
Better be a fish catching mini game.

cdtm

BackFire

socool8520
I'm usually a single player kind of guy.

Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear series, etc. I don't like to have to keep up with everyone or be tied to one game.

The grind in Destiny got old and I prefer the controls in CoD for PVP.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm also more of a single player gamer. Only MP games I've really played for any significant amount of time are XCOM Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within (still enjoyed SP much more though; probably my favorite game of all-time), Civilization Revolution on XBOX 360, and the strategy card game Magic both on PS3 and XBOX.

Never played Destiny or CoD.

Robtard
I've started playing Overwatch again, mainly cos I've not bought a new game in years. PS4

edit: Wait, I bought 'Detroit: Become Human' for my kid a few weeks back , not tried it yet though

socool8520
I couldn't get into Overwatch. The mechanics were too different from the CoD and Battlefield games I usually play if I'm going to do MP.

cdtm
Those early access Lets Plays of Streets of Rage 4 has me hyped up to do only one thing.

Play some Dust an Elysian Tail.

socool8520
I only play on PC and I don't have any gaming consoles.

I stopped playing Destiny after I got to the "light" requirements in the armor and got a couple of exotics. Then the grind was very very tedious and boring. Zero interest in a game like that and it is not fun to me to kill the same bosses and do the same missions over and over again to farm equipment.

I also got very bored of the PvP aspect of the game and stopped playing when I unlocked a few legendaries. It was just pointless and unenjoyable for the incremental improvements.

Remember Perfect Dark? The Laptop Gun? That game was fun. It lasted for ages and you could play for ages. I got a similar enjoyment out of Black Ops II.

Goldeneye was where it was at. I remember putting cardboard down the middle of the screen to stop the screen watching

socool8520
I'm excited for cyberpunk

Adam Grimes

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by NemeBro
Phuck that, play Hollow Knight. Yeah, best Metroidvania no contest.

Stringer
I honestly found this whole thread funny, imo.

He asked if you guys did/ would play those specific games.

After that it was a video game fashion show without the breasts

socool8520
Look at every other thread. The all divert into something else. Hell, most of the political ones diverge into insults. At least that's not the case here.

Eon Blue

socool8520
That's good to hear. I was afraid they would ruin it. I'm probably going to pick it up soon.

gold slorg
age of pirates city of abandoned ships
power

socool8520
I've been looking for a cool Pirate RPG. The closest thing was Black Flag. I've read that most of the attempts at a good pirate RPG have been terrible.

Stringer

socool8520
yeah, so what? This is still general discussion no? It doesn't have to be about what politician we hate or what KMC poster we are feuding with all the time does it?

Stringer
I think this is best if you create this thread easily in the proper forum, please.

Thank you

socool8520
Yeah, back to bashing each other in every thread. That's better. lol

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, best Metroidvania no contest.

Looks good from Lets Plays, maybe on the next sale.

If you like that you'll probably like Sundered.

cdtm
So I'm hearing Dead Cells is the best Metroidvania from some circles.

And Guacamele is from others.

I don't know them any more then I know Hollow Knight, just from Lets Plays. What one to get, if I only want to get one?

socool8520
^ I have never heard of these games. What are they?

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520

Other popular Metroidvania's.

Or I think Dead Cells is technically a "Rogue Lite", but is supposed to have Metoidvania like similarities.

A lot of Metroidvania's released in the last five years actually. Axiom Verge is a pretty good one, but I kind of don't like how the main character looks like a computer programmer. Essentially its taking the "Mary Sue" trope literally by inserting himself in the game.

Eon Blue

Adam Grimes

I don't know them any more then I know Hollow Knight, just from Lets Plays. What one to get, if I only want to get one? None of those even come close to HK tbh.

cdtm
Is the dlc worth it?

StyleTime
Epic gave away a ton of good mediocre Metroidvanias.

Sundred Elddritch Edition for example. Or Axiom Verge.

Personally I love Hyper Light Drifter, which isn't technically a metroidvania as it is a Zelda style hack and slash, but all fans of solid old school games should love it.
thumb up Those 2 are on my to-play list.
I'm disappointed now we're being told the new Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines won't be out until Christmas.
They probably want to make sure they nail the landing since the wait has been so long. Don't wanna wind up like Duke Nukem Forever. lol
So I looked up Bloodstained ROtN on Steam.

40 dollars??! eek!

Maybe it's totally worth it, but I just don't like this trend if indie games gradually creeping up on price. It all started when Binding of Isaac Rebirth was successful enough to demand 15 bucks, up from the originals 7. Then EVERY indie went "Mee too!" And suddenly 15 becomes the new normal.

Not that I haven't spent more on less. Platinum Games was a glorified Indy developer for consoles, and as good as games like Transformers Devastation are, it probably shouldn't go for 40-50 dollars with a 6 hour campaign.

Anyways, I'm nowhere near enough of a Metroidvania fan to spend that amount on this.
Bloodstained is fairly high-profile due to its lineage, but the price feels justified. It's definitely longer than Transformers, and they are releasing free dlc with a new playable character, Zangetsu in a few days. Another character to come later with more game modes too. I'm just happy at anything that gives a big "phuck you" to Konami tbh. They want to kill Castlevania? Cool. Igarashi gave us this other kickass thing.

A neat Kickstarter success story, unlike Mighty No. 9 lol.

That said, I understand if you still want something cheaper. Outside of a proper Metroid or Castlevania, Bloodstained is higher cost than most of this ilk. Any of the other suggestions are great too, if you can't catch it on sale.

StyleTime

I don't know them any more then I know Hollow Knight, just from Lets Plays. What one to get, if I only want to get one?
I sound like a broken record, but I still think it's nearly impossible to go wrong here. Just pick which one look most appealing to you in the videos.

I'd say get them all. They're all great. Even the phone ones have solid titles, like Dandara. The more these games sell, the more these games get made. It's a win-win for fans. Weeeeeeeeeee!

I feel like only fighting games have had the same resurgence. Maybe CCG's?
Part of a niche genre called Metroidvania's, named after the formula Metroid and post-Classic Castlevania popularized.

They're not for everyone necessarily.

cdtm
The Strider metroidvania is currently on a Steam sale for 70% off, about 5 bucks.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/235210/STRIDER/

cdtm
I sound like a broken record, but I still think it's nearly impossible to go wrong here. Just pick which one look most appealing to you in the videos.

I'd say get them all. They're all great. Even the phone ones have solid titles, like Dandara. The more these games sell, the more these games get made. It's a win-win for fans. Weeeeeeeeeee!

I feel like only fighting games have had the same resurgence. Maybe CCG's?

Part of a niche genre called Metroidvania's, named after the formula Metroid and post-Classic Castlevania popularized.

They're not for everyone necessarily.

Did you have a 360? Play Shadow Complex? Because I just found out there's a remaster on Steam.

Also, no one's mentioned Ori and the Blind Forrest, that's said to be a real masterpiece of a Metroidvania. I only heard about it when hunting up reviews on Dust an Elysian Tail, which is more of a hybrid hack and slash with metroidvania elements. Might be too casual for some, but I love it.

But Ori looks like the real deal.

dadudemon

haermm

And, agreed.

estahuh

No "metroidvania" game has given me the satisfaction and enjoyment that Super Metroid did. It's still the gold standard. But some games have come close as of late.

cdtm
haermm

And, agreed.

estahuh

No "metroidvania" game has given me the satisfaction and enjoyment that Super Metroid did. It's still the gold standard. But some games have come close as of late.

A friend I had a long distance correspondence with send me his beat up copy of Super Metroid for free.

Good fun, until the battery died. sad

Was good and lost before then. You know when you end up going in circles, seeing the old familiar locations and wondering what you're missing.

Surtur
I'm usually a single player kind of guy.

Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear series, etc. I don't like to have to keep up with everyone or be tied to one game.

The grind in Destiny got old and I prefer the controls in CoD for PVP.

Same, I tend to stick to single player games. RPG's especially. I had a friend and a cousin both super into World of Warcraft, but I just couldn't get into the game. I don't like having to rely on other gamers to complete quests lol. And I have no interest in talking to people while playing a game.

It's why I was bummed out when KOTOR 3 was made into an online game. I'd been a big fan of the first two games(both installed on my PC right now, with mods) and I wanted to finish the series.

FPS's can be fun, Clive Barkers Undying is excellent.

dadudemon
Same, I tend to stick to single player games. RPG's especially. I had a friend and a cousin both super into World of Warcraft, but I just couldn't get into the game. I don't like having to rely on other gamers to complete quests lol. And I have no interest in talking to people while playing a game.

It's why I was bummed out when KOTOR 3 was made into an online game. I'd been a big fan of the first two games(both installed on my PC right now, with mods) and I wanted to finish the series.

FPS's can be fun, Clive Barkers Undying is excellent.

Oh man, KOTOR3 hate.

I am one of the ones that thought KOTOR2 was a better game until the last 20 minutes of the main story. Everything about it was better than KOTOR1. But dat ending dough...

cdtm
I like to play mods. Some of them are better then official expansions.

ka3JjvOVCSM

Duke Forces not only converts all three main episodes of base Duke Nukem 3d into a mishmash of Dark Forces and Duke, complete with converting bosses into Star Wars stock like Emperor Palpatine as a final boss, it also comes with two entirely original campaigns (I'd recommend skipping the first one, as do the devs).

And it's fun simply downloading old user maps into it, such as Project Get Back Bike.

Compared to what we got with Duke Nukem 3d World Tour, that's a lot of content.

Adam Grimes
Is the dlc worth it? HK's?

All of the dlc packs are free updates and yeah, everything is worth it. Well, maybe the Godseeker isn't, if you aren't into difficult boss rushes.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
HK's?

All of the dlc packs are free updates and yeah, everything is worth it. Well, maybe the Godseeker isn't, if you aren't into difficult boss rushes.

I looked up a review for the game just now.

I have discarded Hollow Knight as "not my cup of tea" because the colors and art style was shit.

But now I want to try it.

Surtur
Oh man, KOTOR3 hate.

I am one of the ones that thought KOTOR2 was a better game until the last 20 minutes of the main story. Everything about it was better than KOTOR1. But dat ending dough...

You play any KOTOR 3? I can't say I hate it, I just hate that it's an online game. I'm sure the gameplay itself isn't bad and from what I've read the story was kinda interesting. I mean...Overwatch looks pretty cool. I remember being excited when I first saw a trailer and bummed when I found out it was an online game. There is also a D&D online game I've been tempted to play.

But back to KOTOR, the first game will always stand out for me. It was groundbreaking. I didn't hate KOTOR 2 like a lot of people did. It was enjoyable and I have used mods to restore content that didn't make it into the game. I liked that the game had prestige classes and that you could turn some of your party members into jedi. See that is the thing, the game did have faults, and if they had come out with a single player game for KOTOR 3 that combined the best of the first two games and fixed the faults that would have been awesome.

But that surprise twist that happens towards the end of the first game...oh man, for me that was even more of a shock than "Luke, I'm yo daddy". I've often thought the first KOTOR game would make an excellent trilogy of movies. And I think anyone who goes into it having never played the game will be shocked(if the movie is done right).

Also Darth Revan is just plain badass.

Surtur

I have discarded Hollow Knight as "not my cup of tea" because the colors and art style was shit.

But now I want to try it.

I have the game on steam I think, just haven't installed it. I have a bunch of games on there I haven't played yet, sometimes you get extra games in bundles and stuff, etc.

Surtur
Anyone ever play Bastion? It's a fun game. Steam has a lot of good stuff.

TptJHeWngJs

cdtm
Anyone ever play Bastion? It's a fun game. Steam has a lot of good stuff.

TptJHeWngJs

Got the Steam version as a gift, then rebought it on 360. Played it when Diablo 3 came out, enjoyed it a lot more.

They also made a game called Transistor, which is more of a tactical game where you can pause action and plan moves, or just wing it and play in real time. Works on a power combination system, so you can have one power that makes bombs, and another that makes multiple copies of something, and another that armor pierces, and end up with armor piercing exploding shotguns.

Reminded me of Magika a little, another game where you mix and match spells for different effects.

cdtm
And Style, you won't be disappointed with Sundred.

Had time for a short romp, and forgot how fun it is. Everything from just exploring to the combat mechanics to the upgrade tree just "flows", if you catch my meaning.

If I didn't get it for free from Epic game store, I'd pay for it. (Don't look at me like that. I know Epics run by dinks, but free games are free games.)

Adam Grimes

But now I want to try it. Well, the art style, music and color palette is one of my favourite things about the game but I wouldn't like those things in any other game tbh.

Raptor22

FPS's can be fun, Clive Barkers Undying is excellent. they made a online kotor 3? I loved the first 2 (the first is one of my favorite games ever) but i had no idea they made a third.

After a quick search im not finding much other than a bunch of articles hoping a 3rd will get made and some talk about something that seemed like an expansion pack.

Are u and DDM talking about the game The Old Republic? Or is this something else?

cdtm
Metroidvania lovers may like a subgenre platformers series called Knytt.

Used to play all their freeware offerings back in the day. Ambience, no real combat, the ability to crawl up walls, hunting down items with a Shadow of Colossus like sword beam pointer..

I see they made a commercial version called Knytt Underground. Not sure I'd buy it, but you can't go wrong trying Knytt or the sequel Knytt Stories (Really, less a proper sequel and more a bunch of bite sized self contained maps, both official and user based).

dadudemon
You play any KOTOR 3?

No. As I told Peach back in the day...

I HATE MMORPGs!!!! I hate them with a passion. Hate them so so so very much! The "in game events" the "grinding" the "griefing" from troll players, the interference and fighting for resources with kids who just want to be assholes. So so so many things I hate about MMOs and MMORPGs especially. Hate them. F*ck KOTOR3 and the fail-horse it rode in on.

I can't say I hate it, I just hate that it's an online game. I'm sure the gameplay itself isn't bad and from what I've read the story was kinda interesting. I mean...Overwatch looks pretty cool. I remember being excited when I first saw a trailer and bummed when I found out it was an online game. There is also a D&D online game I've been tempted to play.

But that surprise twist that happens towards the end of the first game...oh man, for me that was even more of a shock than "Luke, I'm yo daddy". I've often thought the first KOTOR game would make an excellent trilogy of movies. And I think anyone who goes into it having never played the game will be shocked(if the movie is done right).

Also Darth Revan is just plain badass.

Same. Thought Overwatch was going to be an FPS RPG that had co-op options similar to the Borderlands series. When I found out it was basically a pure FPS tournie game with no single player or co-op main story, immediately discarded it as shit. Played it a few times on my friend's account. Did really well because but got bored extremely extremely quickly with it. Once you learn the maps, it's the same stupid shit, over and over and over. Played Destiny PvP longer than Overwatch because at least Destiny felt like it had more nuance to the PvP than Overwatch. I still don't quite "get" the massive draw to Overwatch.

And you're not the first person to wish the KOTOR series was made into an Old Republic trilogy. Just the stories told of the Mandalorians WTFPWNING everyone including the Jedi in the galactic war is awesome. Those are stories that would make for amazingly legendary scenes.

But back to KOTOR, the first game will always stand out for me. It was groundbreaking. I didn't hate KOTOR 2 like a lot of people did. It was enjoyable and I have used mods to restore content that didn't make it into the game. I liked that the game had prestige classes and that you could turn some of your party members into jedi. See that is the thing, the game did have faults, and if they had come out with a single player game for KOTOR 3 that combined the best of the first two games and fixed the faults that would have been awesome.

Peach and I argued about this, too. She did not find the KOTOR story particulary ground breaking like many of us did. She referred to it as cliche and over-done. She's absolutely right even at that time.

However, it was ground breaking to me. That twist reveal was incredible. And the RPG progression elements AS WELL AS BEING IN A STAR WARS UNIVERSE was super fun and enjoyable. I loved the Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy. It was the exact game I needed at that time. KOTOR took almost all the good from KOTOR, threw out the bad, and added some more goodness. While the story was 8/10 of KOTOR's story, it was still really damn good and I enjoyed it. That special lightsaber crystal that levels up with your character as you get stronger? One of the best damn game mechanics/items I've ever seen. It is subpar when you get it but gradually becomes the best piece to put in your light saber. The fact that you can influence the light-side or dark-side of the crystal based on their "karma" system made it that much better. Just simply leveling up to make your sword stronger was enjoyable to me.

And what you said on that last part: I wish super super badly they released a KOTOR3. Taken the lessons learned from both the former games and released a masterpiece. They wanted money. The passion as gone and they wanted a cash grab with yet another MMORPG. And they poured tons into marketing of Old Republic to hook the gamers (it worked).

dadudemon
Originally posted by Raptor22
they made a online kotor 3? I loved the first 2 (the first is one of my favorite games ever) but i had no idea they made a third.

After a quick search im not finding much other than a bunch of articles hoping a 3rd will get made and some talk about something that seemed like an expansion pack.

Are u and DDM talking about the game The Old Republic? Or is this something else?

Correct. Old Republic is the literal successor to KOTOR2. Same universe, timeline, and characters. Instead of making an RPG, they turned it into an MMORPG. Millions of butthurt fans exist to this day.

Raptor22
Correct. Old Republic is the literal successor to KOTOR2. Same universe, timeline, and characters. Instead of making an RPG, they turned it into an MMORPG. Millions of butthurt fans exist to this day. gotcha. Unfortunately since i dont PC game i wasn't able to play that. I would have loved to tho. I was able 2 keep up on most of the lore from the Revan and the other Old Republic novels and youtube cutscene vids from the game.

As much as i love mmorpgs i would love if the made another that was just a straight rpg (available on consoles).

On a side note, to this day i dont know if ive ever seen a better trailer for a video game than the ones for The Old Republic. They were truely epic.

Surtur

I HATE MMORPGs!!!! I hate them with a passion. Hate them so so so very much! The "in game events" the "grinding" the "griefing" from troll players, the interference and fighting for resources with kids who just want to be assholes. So so so many things I hate about MMOs and MMORPGs especially. Hate them. F*ck KOTOR3 and the fail-horse it rode in on.

Same. Thought Overwatch was going to be an FPS RPG that had co-op options similar to the Borderlands series. When I found out it was basically a pure FPS tournie game with no single player or co-op main story, immediately discarded it as shit. Played it a few times on my friend's account. Did really well because but got bored extremely extremely quickly with it. Once you learn the maps, it's the same stupid shit, over and over and over. Played Destiny PvP longer than Overwatch because at least Destiny felt like it had more nuance to the PvP than Overwatch. I still don't quite "get" the massive draw to Overwatch.

And you're not the first person to wish the KOTOR series was made into an Old Republic trilogy. Just the stories told of the Mandalorians WTFPWNING everyone including the Jedi in the galactic war is awesome. Those are stories that would make for amazingly legendary scenes.

Peach and I argued about this, too. She did not find the KOTOR story particulary ground breaking like many of us did. She referred to it as cliche and over-done. She's absolutely right even at that time.

However, it was ground breaking to me. That twist reveal was incredible. And the RPG progression elements AS WELL AS BEING IN A STAR WARS UNIVERSE was super fun and enjoyable. I loved the Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy. It was the exact game I needed at that time. KOTOR took almost all the good from KOTOR, threw out the bad, and added some more goodness. While the story was 8/10 of KOTOR's story, it was still really damn good and I enjoyed it. That special lightsaber crystal that levels up with your character as you get stronger? One of the best damn game mechanics/items I've ever seen. It is subpar when you get it but gradually becomes the best piece to put in your light saber. The fact that you can influence the light-side or dark-side of the crystal based on their "karma" system made it that much better. Just simply leveling up to make your sword stronger was enjoyable to me.

And what you said on that last part: I wish super super badly they released a KOTOR3. Taken the lessons learned from both the former games and released a masterpiece. They wanted money. The passion as gone and they wanted a cash grab with yet another MMORPG. And they poured tons into marketing of Old Republic to hook the gamers (it worked).

I will respond to your other points tomorrow, but bro you know peach?

Tell her she hovered very well in Mario 2.

cdtm
She was the only way to get through the ice zone.

I hate MMO's too, but The Old Republic can be enjoyed for the character stories without touching the grindy shite.

Impediment
Arkham City > Asylum > Knight > Origins.

socool8520

That game was so weird. probably because it wasn't supposed to be a Mario game to begin with.

socool8520

I loved the Batman games, the filled the void after Spider-Man 2 and the newest Spider-Man game. Comic book games were pretty trash outside of those.

cdtm

Do you have all of them?

Epic did a give away on the entire series, special editions to boot, minus Origins awhile back, plus the lego games.

I have the 3D glasses, kind of like the effect.

BrolyBlack
What is the latest best Star Wars game that gives you all the Jedi abilities

cdtm
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What is the latest best Star Wars game that gives you all the Jedi abilities

KsHMHib2swE

dadudemon

Still waiting on that response. uhuh

Surtur

Shit you and me told Peach different things. I was all "b*tch stay the f*ck away from castles henceforth".

Though I gotta admit to grinding in single player RPG's lol. it's how you can get powah-ful.

Oh yes, a scene of Mandalorians descending in their basilisk war droids and then slaughtering a native population. I'd enjoy it.

Peach sounds awful.

Yeah I remember finding that crystal named after your character.

Also legit this guy one time was all "you have my spaceship". I made him commit suicide.

It's a tragedy. Could have had kotor 3, Revan and HK-47 murdering meatbags.

dadudemon
Shit you and me told Peach different things. I was all "b*tch stay the f*ck away from castles henceforth".

Though I gotta admit to grinding in single player RPG's lol. it's how you can get powah-ful.

Oh yes, a scene of Mandalorians descending in their basilisk war droids and then slaughtering a native population. I'd enjoy it.

Peach sounds awful.

Yeah I remember finding that crystal named after your character.

Also legit this guy one time was all "you have my spaceship". I made him commit suicide.

It's a tragedy. Could have had kotor 3, Revan and HK-47 murdering meatbags.

Peach: KMC moderator. Princess Peach. Yes, named after the video game character.

Video Game forum, mostly. An iconic personality that was sometimes a really good mod and sometimes came out of left field with weird biases.

The world needs KOTOR3.

cdtm
All I know about her is she came down on me pretty hard for skirting the rules with two characters originating in other media (Omega Supreme and Trypticon), which I only did because there were so many posts skirting the rules with a Final Fantasy character that existed only in an anime (The Spirits Within)

That and I asked another mod for permission first publicly and he said fine.

I guess she missed all that. Or maybe she was just picking on the new kid.

Stringer
Peach: KMC moderator. Princess Peach. Yes, named after the video game character.

She was a horrific pos, imo

The world needs KOTOR3.

That I would have to agree with

BrolyBlack
She was awful

Stringer

socool8520
I don't really remember Peach

Eon Blue
Peach was quite biased about certain individuals and banned on a whim.

samhain
Lol I am pretty sure there is some kind of poop-related survival mod somewhere, but it'd likely get banned off Nexus if someone tried uploading it there. In fact, I think the RSE Elements mods (which functions as a Survival Mode replacer mod) actually did something along those lines... And ended up getting deleted off the site for some reason. But I know Nexus has become less and less tolerant of the edgier stuff in recent times. Hell, even the friggin' Donald Trump companion mod got deleted after only being on there for like a few hours lol. I'm honestly surprised mods like Chinballs are still up.

But yeah, Survival Mode is kinda dogshit IMO. I just play on Very Hard with a few other mods to simulate some elements of Survival mode (the ones that don't suck), and otherwise beef up the rest of the game with a large combination of NPC/Enemy overhaul mods, ranging from ones that strengthen them (Deadlier Deathclaws, Courser Crusher, Deadly Predators, Supermutants Shall Inherit the Earth, High Level Spawns and a few others), increase their numbers and activity (NPC Travel, Roving War Parties and Raider Gangs, Raider Gangs Extended, More Enemies etc.), or give them better gear (like more powerful weapons with LL-inject scripts, so they don't conflict with each other, Galac-Tac Tactical gear etc.). I used to run The Deadly Commonwealth, but that mod hasn't been updated in years and it really shows at this point.

Same here, Survival Mode is just an extra couple of layers of irritation really, a well organised person will only find it difficult for the first 20 levels or so, after that, you're well prepped and only have to deal with the no save thing as an irritation. The only thing I really like about Survival is the no fast travel, you really get to know the map and the short cuts/alternate routes and you can come across interesting things that aren't marked in any way.

samhain
Of course, I play on Xbox One so don't have a lot of room for mods unfortunately, you only get 2GB of space which is stupid, even Skyrim SE gives you 5GB of space.

TheVaultDweller
Same here, Survival Mode is just an extra couple of layers of irritation really, a well organised person will only find it difficult for the first 20 levels or so, after that, you're well prepped and only have to deal with the no save thing as an irritation. The only thing I really like about Survival is the no fast travel, you really get to know the map and the short cuts/alternate routes and you can come across interesting things that aren't marked in any way.

Yeah, I usually use an alternative travel mod myself, which is why I've been playing around with that Humvee mod. Because it can fit a companion in the passenger side as well. And my enemy spawn setup makes things much more exciting when manually traveling around. I sometimes run into a group of like 30-40 Gunners, for example, a dozen of them in T-51 Power Armor and wielding things like plasma casters, Vindicator miniguns, FIM-92s and such (though that last mod also disappeared off Nexus for some reason). Makes things a lot more challenging than vanilla and you need to fight more intelligently to actually survive. Or sometimes I might come across two enemy groups who are also hostile to each other (Super Mutants and Raiders, for example) fighting it out without me even being involved. Only downside is I have to run a mod to beef up Diamond City's outer defenses as well, because otherwise they get slaughtered in seconds if one of those groups comes through there.

Of course, I play on Xbox One so don't have a lot of room for mods unfortunately, you only get 2GB of space which is stupid, even Skyrim SE gives you 5GB of space.

Damn, that's not much to work with. Even just some weapon and armor mods that use 4k textures would eat up much of that on their own. And Xbox also means no console commands (as far as I know at least), which is sometimes a necessity with quest mods and such, as some modders rely on specifically placed markers to trigger progression, which don't always trigger correctly, and then you need to use things like the SetStage function to either skip back or skip past the buggy bit. Though, to be honest, after looking through the actual code and such, I am amazed the game works as well as it does. So much crap in the code and unused meshes and stuff that they never bothered removing before release that it's not even funny.

dadudemon
I HATE survival mode in Fallout games. It's just irritating game mechanics.

Perhaps I am impatient: I love fast traveling in open world games. Any game without it or has it to sparsely populated (like Ori: felt like it didn't have enough of those fast travel save stations) is irritating.

We need another game like Fallout: New Vegas in the Fallout series. Man, I wish I was a rich f*ck. I'd pay game studios to make great games. Then millions of people would buy the games. And I'd become richer. While getting to play those games.

TheVaultDweller
I HATE survival mode in Fallout games. It's just irritating game mechanics.

Perhaps I am impatient: I love fast traveling in open world games. Any game without it or has it to sparsely populated (like Ori: felt like it didn't have enough of those fast travel save stations) is irritating.

We need another game like Fallout: New Vegas in the Fallout series. Man, I wish I was a rich f*ck. I'd pay game studios to make great games. Then millions of people would buy the games. And I'd become richer. While getting to play those games.

I really liked Fallout: New Vegas. Because, much like the pre-Bethesda Fallout games, even your smaller decisions had long-term impacts across the world. It actually felt like your choices and actions mattered. Which is one thing I really don't like about vanilla Fallout 4. Not only do your choices only impact a relatively limited number of things, you're forced along a fairly linear path as well, in terms of the main story. I mean, yeah, you can pick different factions to side with, but it's still the same in the end for the most part, with mostly minor differences in a few quests and eventual outcomes.

But there are mods like Depravity and Project Valkyrie which expand the way you can progress through the main story line. It's by no means perfect (there are a few elements the mod authors added that I really don't like, to be honest), but it's nice to give you more options and choices. For example, Depravity allows you to pursue a more villainous approach at the start and do things like take control of Diamond City as its leader, and offers alternatives to skip past some of the more tedious parts of the main quest (no more chasing Dogmeat around while making him sniff old cigars).

One game that I liked overall but hated the fast travel system was Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. The monster fighting mechanics are great, but that fast travel system irritated the crap out of me and made me want to rage quit more than once. Another game that had traveling mechanics that annoyed me to no end was Far Cry 2, mainly because you frequently had to travel half way across the damn map just to go get some malaria pills. And I hated your "buddies" (or whatever the hell they were called again), who did little more than make your missions more complicated and shit all over you if you decided to ignore what they wanted.

Eon Blue

dadudemon
I really liked Fallout: New Vegas. Because, much like the pre-Bethesda Fallout games, even your smaller decisions had long-term impacts across the world. It actually felt like your choices and actions mattered. Which is one thing I really don't like about vanilla Fallout 4. Not only do your choices only impact a relatively limited number of things, you're forced along a fairly linear path as well, in terms of the main story. I mean, yeah, you can pick different factions to side with, but it's still the same in the end for the most part, with mostly minor differences in a few quests and eventual outcomes.

You captured some of the essence of why Fallout: New Vegas is the best entry into the series. It's just one of the reasons among many. NV is in my top 3 favorite games of all time. A noticed a lot of older gamers (millennials like you and I) like a lot of older games from their youth and that's simply nostalgia getting the better of them. It's part of why I think I loved Super Metroid so much: nostalgia. But it was just a damn good game the first play through. But NV? Despite the bugs, it was a masterpiece. A truly amazing game. Just a wonderful game. And I played it after I was an adult for many years. F4 was okay. It didn't quite scratch that NV itch I had for a new NV-like game. But it was decent enough. Then F76...just had to be a massive pile of shit. Made me so sad. sad Legit sad. Between studying, work, and working out, I don't do much else. Gaming is a hobby I'd like to bring back. F76 was the chosen one. It was supposed to be the chosen one, at least.

Can we get some F5 love? And then KOTOR3? When I think of FPS RPGs, I immediately think of Fallout.

But there are mods like Depravity and Project Valkyrie which expand the way you can progress through the main story line. It's by no means perfect (there are a few elements the mod authors added that I really don't like, to be honest), but it's nice to give you more options and choices. For example, Depravity allows you to pursue a more villainous approach at the start and do things like take control of Diamond City as its leader, and offers alternatives to skip past some of the more tedious parts of the main quest (no more chasing Dogmeat around while making him sniff old cigars).

Didn't get into the mods. I should. I see a group making a NV game/expansion that looks amazing. Hoping they do well. Probably the biggest fan-made expansion is the Skyrim Enderal Forgotten Stories expansion. It's decent. In fact, it is almost good enough to be a legit game in the series but some of the voice acting is obviously super shitty and you can tell it is fanmade. But they revamped the alchemy system. It feels like you never have enough gold, however, as leveling up skills is purely based on purchasing books and reading them: HATED IT. So I did what any normal person would do and used console commands to give myself 10 million gold. Still wasn't f*cking enough to buy the needed skill books!! FFS! haha They did not think that game mechanic through. It's fan made: balancing gets you what you can get.

My steam name is dadudemon - add me if you use steam and we can co-op. That goes for anyone.

One game that I liked overall but hated the fast travel system was Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. The monster fighting mechanics are great, but that fast travel system irritated the crap out of me and made me want to rage quit more than once. Another game that had traveling mechanics that annoyed me to no end was Far Cry 2, mainly because you frequently had to travel half way across the damn map just to go get some malaria pills. And I hated your "buddies" (or whatever the hell they were called again), who did little more than make your missions more complicated and shit all over you if you decided to ignore what they wanted.

I haven't played any of those. But the "buddies" you describe reminds me of Borderlands 3 if you play as Fl4k: his pets routinely walk in the way when you are picking up items or looking at their states. It's annoying as hell. They need to make it to where the pets always stand behind you and out of your way instead of CONSTANTLY walking in front of you.

Surtur
Beyond Good and Evil is a great game.

dadudemon
Beyond Good and Evil is a great game.

I'll take a look. Thanks for the rec.

samhain
Fallout NV is a far superior game. The weapons system and the graphics are the only things Fallout 4 did better IMO, and they went too far with the graphics honestly, it looks cartoon-y. New Vegas, despite having inferior graphics, had a lot more atmosphere, the gameworld almost felt like a character by itself.

Must piss Bethesda off, for all the acclaim 3 & 4 receive almost everyone recognizes New Vegas as a better game, and the people who made it did it in 18 months. Lol.

Surtur
I'll take a look. Thanks for the rec.

Wg4CDpo0aw0

eThneoLgrRnae
Fallout NV is a far superior game. The weapons system and the graphics are the only things Fallout 4 did better IMO, and they went too far with the graphics honestly, it looks cartoon-y. New Vegas, despite having inferior graphics, had a lot more atmosphere, the gameworld almost felt like a character by itself.

Must piss Bethesda off, for all the acclaim 3 & 4 receive almost everyone recognizes New Vegas as a better game, and the people who made it did it in 18 months. Lol.

Agreed. New Vegas was the best of the series, imo. Though I did like the exploration/locations/setting of F3 in the Capitol Wasteland far more than the boring desert setting of the Mojave wasteland in New Vegas. Everything else was better in New Vegas, including the DLC's.

Imo, Dead Money (New Vegas) and Point Lookout (of F3) were the best of the DLC's.

socool8520
I liked FO 4. I got addicted to building stuff and the shooting mechanics were far better than any of the other Fallouts. This is the first FO where I didn't have to rely on the VATS system all the time.

The story was weaker than the previous two though.

eThneoLgrRnae
VATS is much more suited for an RPG than shooting in real time, imo. If you wanna play a game for its shooting mechanics then you play a pure shooter not a hybrid rpg/shooter. I love VATS in New Vegas (not that I Always used it, of course) but in F3 it was overpowered as f***.

socool8520
IDK...I found the shooting enjoyable in FO 4 though, and I don't believe that an RPG can't have good shooting mechanics.

cdtm
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
VATS is much more suited for an RPG than shooting in real time, imo. If you wanna play a game for its shooting mechanics then you play a pure shooter not a hybrid rpg/shooter. I love VATS in New Vegas (not that I Always used it, of course) but in F3 it was overpowered as f***.

Right, the past decade is full of them. Pick up F.E.A.R. if you want a good shooter. Get Max Payne, or any given tactical shooter.

Half Life 2 was nowhere close to the pure shooter F.E.A.R. 1 was, but no one complained about it because no one played HL2 for the shooting elements.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yes, I agree with that. My only point was that VATS is more fitting for an rpg. I still use real time shooting in Fallout games. I just use VATS a lot more. There are several VATS related perks in New vegas that make using VATS much more appealing.

socool8520
Why can't I have both?

eThneoLgrRnae
You can.

socool8520
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Yes, I agree with that. My only point was that VATS is more fitting for an rpg. I still use real time shooting in Fallout games. I just use VATS a lot more. There are several VATS related perks in New vegas that make using VATS much more appealing.

Well yeah it would have to be considering the shooting outside of the VATs system in NV was not great. I still like 3 and NV, but I appreciated the better shooting in 4. Now if they amp up the story and polish the shooting, the game will be phenomenal.

StyleTime
Did you have a 360? Play Shadow Complex? Because I just found out there's a remaster on Steam.

Also, no one's mentioned Ori and the Blind Forrest, that's said to be a real masterpiece of a Metroidvania. I only heard about it when hunting up reviews on Dust an Elysian Tail, which is more of a hybrid hack and slash with metroidvania elements. Might be too casual for some, but I love it.

But Ori looks like the real deal.
Shadow Complex preceded the current wave, but is also worth. Like I said, so much solid material to choose from. If it looks good, it's probably good. The worst of all these games is still like a B+.

Ori and the Blind Forest will likely be considered a classic. I would recommend trying it first if you can though, or doing your research. It's not as combat-centric as some games, and many players have complained it's too difficult.

Oh absolutely. Samus is still our Queen. It was Metroid: Fusion that did it for me. Gameplay aside, I loved it embracing its horror elements. The SA-X was so scary at the time. Just knowing you'd eventually have to fight it...**** the X-Parasites. Seriously. Creepy little jerks.

I love the Prime sub-series too, but I'm glad these other games are around to help evolve the genre. It could easily have stagnated to death, as Metroid alone can only do so much.

cdtm
The trouble with Prime is it was on the Gamecube.

I can say that because I have a Gamecube, and Prime. Something about the brightness on that system was just way off, as I couldn't see much in darker areas without ramping up the settings, and that made everything look washed out.

They say the mythical components fixed this, if you were fortunate enough to be able to find a set, could afford it, and had a GC that still had the inputs.

StyleTime
Corruption showed us the series was best expressed on the Wii, which is probably why they updated Prime and Echoes for the motion controls in the trilogy release.

I'd highly recommend getting the trilogy on Wii though, if you have that. It's just such an improved experienced compared to the 2 GameCube iterations, which were still pretty good.

Then you can be all set for Prime: 4...whenever they get around to actually finishing that. haermm

dadudemon
Oh absolutely. Samus is still our Queen. It was Metroid: Fusion that did it for me. Gameplay aside, I loved it embracing its horror elements. The SA-X was so scary at the time. Just knowing you'd eventually have to fight it...**** the X-Parasites. Seriously. Creepy little jerks.

I love the Prime sub-series too, but I'm glad these other games are around to help evolve the genre. It could easily have stagnated to death, as Metroid alone can only do so much.

Fusion was good. Being weak and depowered added a layer of horror-vulnerability. The fact that SA-X was so strong that it could kill you easily (and it looked like Varia Suit Samus from Super Metroid) added another layer of fear. On top of that, the creepy clip-clopping SA-X does when "patrolling" the corridors on the station makes it seem creepy, as well.

Finally, the mind-f*ck when you realize there are multiple SA-X parasites walking around the station adds an extra creep factor.

However, I don't think I would have appreciated that game as much if I didn't play Super Metroid, first. The fact that I was "super strong" in Super Metroid and then I have to basically avoid "myself" from the last game made it more interesting. Like most players, I tried to fight the parasite at one point and got my ass handed to me. Stupid parasite using my suit tech!

And I enjoyed the Prime series. But the room puzzles were sometimes just too convoluted and frustrating to make the game enjoyable. I don't want to spend 2 hours figuring out a room. And it ruins the game to have to go online to and look up a solution, imo. So I either spend the 2 hours failing to figure out the puzzle or I look up the solution and spend 5 minutes.

That's also my problem with some of the Zelda series puzzles.

cdtm
Corruption showed us the series was best expressed on the Wii, which is probably why they updated Prime and Echoes for the motion controls in the trilogy release.

I'd highly recommend getting the trilogy on Wii though, if you have that. It's just such an improved experienced compared to the 2 GameCube iterations, which were still pretty good.

Then you can be all set for Prime: 4...whenever they get around to actually finishing that. haermm

Was thinking about getting a wii for backwards compatibility with my Gamecube. collection, and so I can use a better connection then composites.

BrolyBlack
Who has a gaming pc here?

Silent Master
I do, not a high end one, but it's enough to play the games I currently have.

BrolyBlack
What games

Silent Master
The Fallout series
Eve online
RDR2
GTA V
Rust
7 days to Die
DDO
Empyrion
Dungeon Siege
Elder scrolls V

BrolyBlack
I played ESO for a while but got old. Now I only play Destiny 2 and sometimes overwatch

Silent Master
I've got Desiny on my Xbox, never got around to getting the sequel

cdtm
Got a tip for a certain line of hdmi converters for NES, SNES, and Gamecube.

All sold out everywhere. Of course.

Plenty of PS2 and Xbox versions though. Want to bet Nintendo keeps these things off the market so they can sell their shittily emulated overpriced Virtual Console junk?

BrolyBlack
I never played the first one but I heard its amazing,

Silent Master
It was pretty good, I only made it about half way through the campaign before one of my other games dsitracted me though, I really do need to finish it at some point.

cdtm
Destiny sucks.

Borderlands is the fun series, bad gunplay and all.

Silent Master
Should I start with the first one or just buy the newest?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>