Darth Vader vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Inspired by Stiltman's post in my other thread.

This is Vader from Rebels.

Wolverine gets any standard sword of his choice (it obviously is assumed to be lightsaber proof here)

**saber clash only. No offensive Force powers for Vader and no claws for Wolverine.

Who takes it?

StiltmanFTW
I'm assuming that both in here and in the Batman thread the sword they're wielding is not exactly "standard", aside from it being lightsaber proof?

Because a standard blade would have a hard time doing any damage to Vader's armor.

Wolverine does have feats such as knocking out a brick goon from a different dimension with nothing but a wooden bokken sword and a hilt of a dagger (while holding back, so he wouldn't kill him), but it'd still be an enormous advantage for Vader if the sword in the OP weren't able to pierce his suit.

Eli Vanto
I see your point.

Okay then. Lets give Wolverine a lightsaber here, and assume he's as good with it as he is any other sword.

StiltmanFTW
Unlike Bruce, Wolverine not only has legit swordsmanship feats, he can also afford to take nasty hits and keep fighting.

Can Vader erect forcefields here?

I know I'm nitpicking again, but with his array of abilities... you can never be too sure what's allowed and what is not.

Eli Vanto
Yeah no force powers for Vader inc. shields. Really just trying to figure out who might win in a sword battle.

DarkSaint85
What if Wolverine had heated claws?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What if Wolverine had heated claws?

You trying to make Vader lose via PTSD meltdown?

StiltmanFTW
I'm glad writers are trying to forget that ever happened.

Soule's worked on Star Wars for too long, I guess. That heated claws idea obviously was inspired by SW.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
You trying to make Vader lose via PTSD meltdown?

laughing out loud

Galan007
I don't know enough about Wolvie's abilities to say.

xXI_wing_IXx
Vader would get mobility disadvantage in battle by wearing that hefty armor and especially the cape.

xXI_wing_IXx
Scratch that. I completely forgot Vader was a cyborg lol

Galan007
Doubt that Vader would have the strength advantage, tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.