Kenobi vs. Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
This is Kenobi and Vader from Rebels.

This time the fight on Tatooine, and Kenobi is protecting Luke (like he was against Maul.)

Who wins?

Galan007
Kenobi was also trying to protect Luke when he fought Vader in ANH.

And as stated in From a Certain Point of View: Kenobi had absolutely NO chance of defeating Vader.

tl;dr
Vader stomps.

juggernaut74
He caught Maul off guard.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
Kenobi was also trying to protect Luke when he fought Vader in ANH.

And as stated in From a Certain Point of View: Kenobi had absolutely NO chance of defeating Vader.

tl;dr
Vader stomps.
Does canon indicate there was a vast gap?

Galan007
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Does canon indicate there was a vast gap? Seemed that Vader was far superior...

Rockydonovang
Seemed that Vader was far superior...
Eh, if that's at the very end of the fight, that's not necessarily a reflection of the entirety of how the fight went. I think we'd need more context to assume vader is far superioir to ben off that.

Darthadi
"Your powers are weak, old man." Our lightsabers clash. I try to push forward, only to be thrust violently back. It's like striking iron. There's no give in Vader's arms, and far too much in mine.

"You should not have come back," Vader tells me.

My resources are depleted, my body screaming with pain. I have no hope of winning this fight.

He lunges at me; slash and counterslash, stab and riposte. The air is thick with plasma discharge, lights dancing on the edge of my vision.

I'm forced back, muscle burning, breath ragged. The grip of my lightsaber is slick in my hands, my ears ringing."

This is the whole passage. As you can see, Ben was allready gassed out as of the moment Vader said the line, only after a few seconds of fighting. He even admited that he had no hope of winning. If you call this a stomp or not is just semantics, but it's clear that Kenobi had no chance of winning and there is no parity between them.

Galan007
Kenobi recognized Vader's superiority from the onset. By the end he flat-out states that he had no chance of winning... And at no point was he stated to have gained any ground at all.

So yeah, Vader was solidly above Kenobi. It took all he had just to stall long enough for Luke to escape.

Rockydonovang
fair enough then.

xPRIMEx
Vader wins

juggernaut74
Seemed that Vader was far superior... What is that from?

Galan007
From a Certain Point of View.

Rockydonovang
Would this mean ANH Kenobi is weaker than Rebels Kenobi?

juggernaut74
I would say so.

Forschbewithu
Would this mean ANH Kenobi is weaker than Rebels Kenobi?

I mean I'd say they're the same? I don't think we really have any indication of knowing. Both Maul and Ben during this era have flat-out stated they're inferior to Vader. I think that's all that's out there?

Galan007
Would this mean ANH Kenobi is weaker than Rebels Kenobi? I think they're about the same level, tbh. /shrug

Rockydonovang
I think they're about the same level, tbh. /shrug
Well, if Vader's kept his god-level potential, I suppose him growing far more powerful by ANH isn't out of the question.

Galan007
Yeah.

Like I've mentioned in other threads, the information we have indicates that Vader's potential remained intact after the events of RotS, and his deeper connection to the dark side made him more powerful than ever(which is likely why Hidalgo mentioned that Rebels Vader = "prime" Vader.)

Also worth noting that even Snoke kept pushing Kylo to harness the potential of his bloodline, in order to become "a new Vader":

Snoke essentially wanted Kylo to fully embrace his Skywalker-potential in order to become what Vader was... Which, imo, further lends to the notion that Vader's potential was not gimped.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.