Darkness rises and light to meet it (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
As of ROTS, was Yoda the light the rose to "meet" Sidious....... Or was it really Anakin or Luke?

Tzeentch
It was Anakin or Luke. I'm leaning toward Luke. Anakin was the Chosen One but that's not necessarily the same thing as being selected by the force. The main distinction between Luke and Anakin is that Luke was created organically whereas Anakin was essentially a science experiment created by Palpatine and Plagueis.

Galan007
It was Anakin fulfilling the 'prophesy', short-lived as it was.

But without Luke in the picture, there would have never been any redemption for Vader.

So it was a joint effort, imo.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It was Anakin or Luke. I'm leaning toward Luke. Anakin was the Chosen One but that's not necessarily the same thing as being selected by the force. The main distinction between Luke and Anakin is that Luke was created organically whereas Anakin was essentially a science experiment created by Palpatine and Plagueis.
Huh? Anakin was created by the force, not sidious. That's about as organic as it gets.

NewGuy01
It's more like Sidious was the dark rising to meet Yoda, no?

Galan007
During the PT, definitely. thumb up

Rockydonovang
To be more precise, sidious was the rising darkness. I don't think the force actually likes darkness, hence why it sends light to meet it. At least per the old canon anyway.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
It was Anakin fulfilling the 'prophesy', short-lived as it was.

But without Luke in the picture, there would have never been any redemption for Vader.

So it was a joint effort, imo.

Yeah the Priestesses told Yoda he would instruct the one who helps bring light back or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.