Switch third party support.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VG_Addict

Ridley_Prime
A lot of current gen games from what I've seen, tend to later get a Switch release, just they're not put out the same day as with the other platforms they're originally released on because of the time it takes to port them to Switch, but we know they're still coming; Doom Eternal and the like. It may not get every game like with some of those cherrypicked examples, but it's getting a lot still.

Funny that you mention EA, because they finally caved in on the Switch hype recently, and will be porting plenty more of their games as of this year.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/ ea_set_to_launch_multiple_titles_on_nintendo_switc
h_in_2020

There's the occasional 3rd party exclusives too; Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and such. Honestly speaking, most of the Switch's success right now is because of the 3rd party support, not Nintendo's 1st party output which has been pretty slow as of late, thanks to COVID in part which they conveniently have an excuse on for now, so, the 3rd party ports fill the void on their system for the time being. If the Switch was as lowly supported as the Wii U, it would not be the kind of success it is now by any means.

Smasandian
I disagree with that statement. Nintendo's success will always be attributed to first party titles. Just look at the best selling games on the Switch, all of them are Nintendo produced/published games aside from 3 (Minecraft, Enter the Gungeon and Octopath Traveler).

The main reason the Switch is a success is Nintendo IP properties and it's a portable system.

Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah, obviously for the long haul Nintendo's IPs will be what sell their systems including the Switch, but there's no denying that the 3rd party games/ports have filled those certain gaps in the Switch's library for the meantime.

Even when the next systems come out for Sony and Microsoft in near future, I doubt it'll put that much a dent on the Switch (good as they'll do in their own right) with how successful the Switch has been on the market for awhile, and as a hybrid/portable system as pointed out, it's got that unique niche unlike the Playstation and Xbox.

Smasandian
For sure, having 3rd party titles will always be beneficial.

I wonder how well the Switch is doing for Nintendo. I know both console and games are selling well but I do forget that the Switch is replacing two sets of consoles. The 3DS and Wii U. Are they making more profit now than when they had a portable and console....interesting question.

cdtm
I'd be happy if they supported third party peripherals.

One reason my last Nintendo system was a gamecube is because the proprietary component cables were so damned expensive.

Smasandian
I am not sure what you mean. You can play the Switch with third party controllers.

Jmanghan
Weak trolling.

Jmanghan
On topic, Switch is brimming with third-party support that's NOT indie titles.

Smasandian
It's not brimming. Come on, compared to PS4/Xbox/Windows..its not close.

Ridley_Prime
Maybe, but the support certainly isn't on the level of the Wii U like the OP was suggesting. That part was bait more than anything.

Smasandian
That's true. The Switch has more 3rd party support than the Wii U and the original Wii.

But I would hazard a guess that it has less support than GameCube. That system received 3rd party suppport on release day without any degrades in quality.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
That's true. The Switch has more 3rd party support than the Wii U and the original Wii.

But I would hazard a guess that it has less support than GameCube. That system received 3rd party suppport on release day without any degrades in quality. I disagree, I'd argue Switch has the most third-party support since the 80's, and yes, I count ports as third-party support.

Ridley_Prime
shrug Either way, Nintendo's been having years of catching up on 3rd party support with all the ports they're getting now, of last and current gen titles.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
shrug Either way, Nintendo's been having years of catching up on 3rd party support with all the ports they're getting now, of last and current gen titles. Exactly, they're getting mountains of old and new-er third-party ports.

But yes, they're lacking in original third-party games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.