Spirits and The Paranormal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Like the alien thread, are you a believer in the paranormal? Have you ever witnessed any supernatural occurrences? If so, please elaborate.

socool8520
No. I haven't seen any compelling evidence to have me believe in the paranormal.

socool8520
How about you Eon? you a believer? Any personal experiences

StyleTime
I have experienced things I can't explain, but that doesn't mean they were paranormal happenings. I imagine seeing a shooting star or the aurora borealis/australis would be freaky without science to explain it.

Hell, it's still fairly magical even when you know what's going on.

socool8520
^ I'm thinking this is more the case. Something happens that you can't explain, but it isn't supernatural. Now, if I see a glowing body moving stuff around and moving through walls, I'll change my mind.

LordofBrooklyn
I saw Stringer's mother once naked and nothing but Satan himself could've spawned that!

Emmy Evangeline
The paranormal exist I've heard many testimonies from creditable sources.

Eon Blue

socool8520
That's not fair Eon!!

socool8520
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
The paranormal exist I've heard many testimonies from creditable sources.

Credible like they don't lie or that they had legitimate evidence?

meep-meep
Originally posted by socool8520

Personal experience, without physical evidence should always be taken with skepticism. I do think there is evidence of higher intelligence though.

samhain
The word paranormal encompasses so many things, from cryptids to the multitude of spirit types that supposedly exist, (demonic, poltergeist, etc.) the answer probably isn't as simple as a yes or a no. I personally believe that there are things beyond what we think we know, I have many rich, leather-bound books on the folklore and legends of my local area. I know a few overly skeptical people who 'demand proof that ghosts exist', yet whenever I ask them what proof would suffice they usually look at me dumbfounded. If you're going to demand video evidence, then instantly dismiss any video evidence you're presented with because it could be faked, then you're a moron and you shouldn't involve yourself in an open-minded discussion. I mean, is there anything that couldn't be faked on a video with the right resources? Paranormal skeptics are the worst goalpost movers.

Paranormal research is something we should definitely be doing. Imagine the things we could discover about the psyche or human potential even without any discovery of evidence regarding spirits and the like. Nothing contradicts nature, but what we think we know is contradicted almost daily.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by samhain
The word paranormal encompasses so many things, from cryptids to the multitude of spirit types that supposedly exist, (demonic, poltergeist, etc.) the answer probably isn't as simple as a yes or a no. I personally believe that there are things beyond what we think we know, I have many rich, leather-bound books on the folklore and legends of my local area. I know a few overly skeptical people who 'demand proof that ghosts exist', yet whenever I ask them what proof would suffice they usually look at me dumbfounded. If you're going to demand video evidence, then instantly dismiss any video evidence you're presented with because it could be faked, then you're a moron and you shouldn't involve yourself in an open-minded discussion. I mean, is there anything that couldn't be faked on a video with the right resources? Paranormal skeptics are the worst goalpost movers.

Paranormal research is something we should definitely be doing. Imagine the things we could discover about the psyche or human potential even without any discovery of evidence regarding spirits and the like. Nothing contradicts nature, but what we think we know is contradicted almost daily.

The issue is not that skeptics are moving the goal posts, but that the phenomena is not well-defined.

In order to establish acceptance criteria for a particular phenomena, the phenomena itself needs to be understood.

I cannot tell you what evidence I would accept for the existence of ghosts until you define what a ghost is, and how you know that is what a ghost is.

Eon Blue

Emmy Evangeline
Originally posted by socool8520

Evidence to the point where the houses needed to be blessed

Ayelewis
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The issue is not that skeptics are moving the goal posts, but that the phenomena is not well-defined.

In order to establish acceptance criteria for a particular phenomena, the phenomena itself needs to be understood.

I cannot tell you what evidence I would accept for the existence of ghosts until you define what a ghost is, and how you know that is what a ghost is.

He's a f ucking lunatic. Paranormal "research" is a perfect example of pseudoscience. It goes out looking for something it already believes exists and then interprets its findings through that bias. Meanwhile, actual science has shown how humans can interpret random noises as voices if they're told they're voices beforehand, and have replicated various supposed "visible ghosts" through cheap, cinematic trickery. So, again, real science debunking pseudoscience. He'll probably resort to using some kind of stupid solipsism as a rebuttal.

Emmy Evangeline
Eon I know you follow Demonology so in a way I consider occurrences that are malicious and unexplainable supernatural. I have seen photos of spirits from my uncle who is a spiritualist medium. He blesses houses. Of course that's my testimony though.

Flyattractor
I do believe that Eon has Several Voices Inside "Her' Head.....that is as close as I get.

dadudemon

Old Man Whirly!
No, it's bollocks although I have said Shazam whilst touching everything from Stone Henge to the pyramid of Djoser at Sakkara. Results =0.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
No, it's bollocks although I have said Shazam whilst touching everything from Stone Henge to the pyramid of Djoser at Sakkara. Results =0.

Yes, yes, but you didn't touch my bollocks while saying "Shazam!" Do it just right and you'll get something magical.

Yes homo.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes, yes, but you didn't touch my bollocks while saying "Shazam!" Do it just right and you'll get something magical.

Yes homo. wink laughing out loud

Flyattractor

Yes homo.

The S World of SHAZAM is not the first that springs to mind in that instant....

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The S World of SHAZAM is not the first that springs to mind in that instant....

The people who work on boats?

Flyattractor
SHIP is Close but still not it...

samhain
Originally posted by Ayelewis
He's a f ucking lunatic. Paranormal "research" is a perfect example of pseudoscience. It goes out looking for something it already believes exists and then interprets its findings through that bias. Meanwhile, actual science has shown how humans can interpret random noises as voices if they're told they're voices beforehand, and have replicated various supposed "visible ghosts" through cheap, cinematic trickery. So, again, real science debunking pseudoscience. He'll probably resort to using some kind of stupid solipsism as a rebuttal.

Wow, triggered somebody with my answer didn't I?

Ayelewis

I'm pointing out that you're a f ucking weirdo.

BrolyBlack

He's a loser, dont pay him any attention, he shows up here randomly and just starts flaming people for no reason. #Loser4life

Eon Blue

Ayelewis is one of the most easily triggered members here, FYI. It’s best not to take him too seriously.

samhain
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
He's a loser, dont pay him any attention, he shows up here randomly and just starts flaming people for no reason. #Loser4life

Seems that way doesn't it? I'll stick with the people who can have civil discussions in spite of contrasting beliefs.

Eon Blue
Seems that way doesn't it? I'll stick with the people who can have civil discussions in spite of contrasting beliefs. thumb up

samhain
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Ayelewis is one of the most easily triggered members here, FYI. It’s best not to take him too seriously.

thumb up

dadudemon
thumb up

BrolyBlack
thumb up

samhain
We're on a roll now guys.

Dammit, I ruined it.

thumb up

dadudemon
thumb up

StyleTime

StyleTime
Whoops. Double post. Or a ghost post.

ghost2

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by Ayelewis
He's a ****ing lunatic. Paranormal "research" is a perfect example of pseudoscience. It goes out looking for something it already believes exists and then interprets its findings through that bias. Meanwhile, actual science has shown how humans can interpret random noises as voices if they're told they're voices beforehand, and have replicated various supposed "visible ghosts" through cheap, cinematic trickery. So, again, real science debunking pseudoscience. He'll probably resort to using some kind of stupid solipsism as a rebuttal. So paranormal research is absolute hogwash that dupes/corrupts others into becoming total degenerates/miscreants/assholes?!!

dadudemon

Yes homo.

Man, I'm hilarious.

haermm

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by Tyrannoraptor
So paranormal research is absolute hogwash that dupes/corrupts others into becoming total degenerates/miscreants/assholes?!! i meant scoundrels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.