RE: Obi Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
for Canon which Obi Wan is the most powerful and at his prime ie, Clone wars one or ROS , or rebels one ?

juggernaut74
I'm going to say Clone Wars/ROTS era Kenobi was when he was in his prime. Rebels/ANH Kenobi didn't really do much to impress me. When he fought Maul he caught Maul off guard and his Vader fight he never had a chance to win.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'm going to say Clone Wars/ROTS era Kenobi was when he was in his prime. Rebels/ANH Kenobi didn't really do much to impress me. When he fought Maul he caught Maul off guard and his Vader fight he never had a chance to win.
The dude who says "kenobi caught maul off guard" also says "maul cannot defeat kenobi" and that kenobi has "grown beyond maul".

Kenobi is straight up better than Maul at that point.

Vader being so far above kenobi is a bit of a head scratcher tho I suppose it's possible Kenobi just got a lot worse between rebels and anh...

juggernaut74
I hate it also but we have to go by the canon sources.

It's kind of like the Yoda/Sidious fight from Ep. III even though it shows Yoda on par with Sidious or slightly above the Visual Guides says Yoda was no match for the Sith Lord.

Kenobi on screen appears to humiliate Maul but according to canon sources he caught Maul off guard.

Rockydonovang

Kenobi on screen appears to humiliate Maul but according to canon sources he caught Maul off guard.
Sure, but those same canon sources say Kenobi>Maul, nonetheless. Kenobi doesn't neccesarily need to humiliate maul to beat him.

juggernaut74
Yea I think Kenobi>Maul but I think the Visual Guide was implying that was how he was able to beat Maul so easily was because he caught him off guard.

Rockydonovang
Yea I think Kenobi>Maul but I think the Visual Guide was implying that was how he was able to beat Maul so easily was because he caught him off guard.
Oh yeah, sources have gone out of their way to say kenobi three-shotting maul shouldn't be taken literally.

Galan007
This has come up before.

My opinion is that RotS was Kenobi's prime in terms of combat prowess, but Rebels/ANH was his prime in terms of overall growth and spiritual enlightenment.

ozz81

Galan007
I personally think Rebels/ANH Kenobi > RotS Kenobi in the Force.

juggernaut74
I don't see anything to suggest that.

Vader confirmed that his powers were weak.

Galan007
I mean, compared to Vader he may have been "weak"... OR it could have been Vader throwing a little dun moch at Kenobi.

But as Leia confirmed, one's connection to the Force typically strengthens with age. That should have been especially true with Kenobi.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
I personally think Rebels/ANH Kenobi > RotS Kenobi in the Force.

I would think so as well.

His clarity of purpose likely had that effect.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Galan007
I mean, compared to Vader he may have been "weak"... OR it could have been Vader throwing a little dun moch at Kenobi.

But as Leia confirmed, one's connection to the Force typically strengthens with age. That should have been especially true with Kenobi.

True, but I'd imagine after the fall of the Jedi Order and the rise of the Empire the Jedi's ability to use the force would be more diminished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.