The "best" Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
In your opinion, whose portrayal and characterization best defined the TRUE ideals of the Jedi order and best showcased what a Jedi should really be?

I ask because most Jedi of the PT really did seem to have lost their way.

juggernaut74
Ahsoka.

Even after Order 66 she still refuses to kill Clones.

Me? I would have killed them all.

Galan007
Qui-Gon.

juggernaut74
He didn't have to go through the war though.

The Clone Wars most likely would have changed Qui-Gon even if a little.

Galan007
I'm not sure if Qui-Gon would have stayed with the Order once the war started, tbh. Even before TPM he was already becoming disillusioned with the Order and how they were being puppeteered by the Senate.

But either way, he was one of the most pure Jedi in history(which is the main reason why he was the first Jedi to ever retain his identity after death.) He would have never lost his way or changed his ideals.

"It matters," Qui-Gon said quietly. "It matters which side we choose. Even if there will never be more light than darkness. Even if there can be no more joy in the galaxy than there is pain. For every action we undertake, for every word we speak, for every life we touch--it matters. I don't turn toward the light because it means someday I'll 'win' some sort of cosmic game. I turn toward it because it is the light."

The man was quite literally the essence of Jedi.

NewGuy01
It's Qui-Gon, yeah. Obi-Wan is also quite good after Revenge.

ozz81
I will say a few: Yoda , Kenobi , qui gon jinn, Ahsoka, cal kestis.

Scizard
Ahsoka and Qui-Gon for sure.

Galan007
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Obi-Wan is also quite good after Revenge. Yeah, he'd be my #2.

Then probably Ahsoka.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Ahsoka.

Even after Order 66 she still refuses to kill Clones.

Me? I would have killed them all.
Ahsoka has no buisness in this conversation.

Her stupidity with the sisters almost gets everyone killed. After that she suggests the republic abandon their capital to hunt an enemy. Finally, she basically forfeits her life due to an emotional attachment to a child killer.

Ahsoka has literally nothing that places her as even above average when it comes to adherence to the jedi way.

juggernaut74
Sorry you feel that way but most posters have mentioned her so you're in a boat by yourself.

And that's ok.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Sorry you feel that way but most posters have mentioned her
https://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html

Hmu when you know learn how to make points.

juggernaut74
Well you are still riding in the boat by yourself.

Goodluck with that.

JediMaster97
Qui Gon and Obi-Wan.

If we pretend the sequels never happened Luke would be an option too.

relentless1
Qui Gon and Kenobi

Sheev
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's Qui-Gon, yeah. Obi-Wan is also quite good after Revenge. Same with Yoda tbh.

Total Warrior
Obi wan

relentless1
Obi Wan watched his love killed right in front of him and he stayed the Jedi course, he didn't fight with malice or hatred afterwards; THAT is a true Jedi

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
Obi Wan watched his love killed right in front of him and he stayed the Jedi course, he didn't fight with malice or hatred afterwards; THAT is a true Jedi

To be fair though They werent actually in a relationship.

I mean clearly he cared for her, but, might be a bit much to call her his love.

Originally posted by Galan007
Qui-Gon.

Good choice.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/2wL5fXe.jpg

Kenobi also said that he would have left the Order for Satine, if she had given the word.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/2wL5fXe.jpg

Kenobi also said that he would have left the Order for Satine, if she had given the word.

Wasnt that acting in front of the terrorist?

In any case that wouldnt help his case for being the best Jedi.

Galan007
Thought this was interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1SM4-9HLk

Filoni: "Qui-Gon hasn't given up on the fact that Jedi are supposed to actually care, and love, and that's not a bad thing. The rest of the Jedi are so detached and they've become so political, that they've really lost their way. And Yoda starts to see that in the second film. But Qui-Gon is ahead of them all."

Also sheds some light on the true meaning of "The Duel of the Fates", which is something I had never considered before.

Eli Vanto
It's cool that Filoni has so much respect for Qui-gon as a character.

And DOTF = the fate of Anakin. Love that interpretation.thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.