Ahsoka > Savage?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Sidious easily stomped Maul and Savage, yet Maul still believed that he and Ahsoka could beat Sidious.

So does this mean S7 Ahsoka > Savage?

Darthadi
S7 Ahsoka might be above Savage, but Maul and Ahsoka would still die to Sidious. Maybe Maul just lied about that to turn Ahsoka. There is also no timeframe. Maybe Maul wanted to train Ahsoka first similar to how in ESB Vader wanted to train Luke before taking on Sidious.
We also don't know if Maul referred to a combat scenario. There are other ways to eliminate Sidious and considering the context (Maul said that the jedi can't stop Sidious), i don't think he referred to a direct fight as all the jedi together would anihilate Sidious.

Rockydonovang
I was always assumed it would be a long term thing, and I suppose in the long run it wasn't unthinkable. Ahsoka's potential must be off the charts if she's already approaching maul before she's an adult.

Galan007
Yeah, S07 Maul+Ahsoka wouldn't have been anymore effective against Palpatine than Maul+Savage were -- that is to say: not very effective at all. Surely Maul recognized this, given the buttf*cking Palpatine gave he and Savage.

So unless Maul was being extra arrogant/douchey, I can only assume that he was referring to future-tense(ie. after training Ahsoka or somesuch.) /shrug

NewGuy01
I think he meant for Ahsoka and himself to team up to take down Anakin, thereby ruining Sidious's plans. Not that beating Anakin would be any easier than beating Palpatine, in actuality.

Sheev
But at the end of the episode maul says- "we could have destroyed Sidious!"

So I think Maul's intention was for he and Ahsoka to kill Sidious directly.

juggernaut74
Mace could have destroyed Sidious by himself so these two definately could have.

Sheev
Maul and Savage were already beaten by Sidious "easily" in TCW, but you think swapping out Savage for Ahsoka would allow them to win?

lmao, gtfo.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, S07 Maul+Ahsoka wouldn't have been anymore effective against Palpatine than Maul+Savage were -- that is to say: not very effective at all. Surely Maul recognized this, given the buttf*cking Palpatine gave he and Savage.

So unless Maul was being extra arrogant/douchey, I can only assume that he was referring to future-tense(ie. after training Ahsoka or somesuch.) /shrug

Probably was delusional. Maul never really seemed quite the same mentally after his revival.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Sheev
Maul and Savage were already beaten by Sidious "easily" in TCW, but you think swapping out Savage for Ahsoka would allow them to win?

lmao, gtfo. Ahsoka did fairly well against a prime Vader who was trying to killer and last week somebody shown me that Vader was ranked higher than Sids in sabers. So adding Maul to help Ahsoka seem like a win.

Darth Thor
Filoni doesnt laugh at the idea:

https://youtu.be/d_NmvaJyzj0

^ 2:10-2:20

But yeah Vader/Anakin seems like a more realistic goal.

That said, if these two permanently teamed up and like trained/sparred each other every day, then it could have been a different story 5/10 years down the line.

Total Warrior
I think Mayl was wrong and just lying

ares834
Maul also intended to lure Anakin to Mandalore to kill him... dude is an absolute idiot.

Lord Stark

Probably this. For what its worth Dooku was confident once Savage was Maul level he could defeat Sidious as well.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Ahsoka did fairly well against a prime Vader who was trying to killer and last week somebody shown me that Vader was ranked higher than Sids in sabers. So adding Maul to help Ahsoka seem like a win.
This is season 7 ahsoka. The one who faced vader was "vastly" more skilled.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Probably was delusional. Maul never really seemed quite the same mentally after his revival.
Yeah, him thinking he could kill anakin when he couldn't even kill a teenager is quite something.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
This is season 7 ahsoka. The one who faced vader was "vastly" more skilled.

And imagine how much greater she would have been if she had a competitive sparring partner that whole time ?

Look This is no different to when Dooku wanted AOTC Kenobi to join him in defeating Sidious. Didnt mean they had to challenge him the next day.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Maul also intended to lure Anakin to Mandalore to kill him... dude is an absolute idiot.

Yeah and he was expecting Kenobi there with him. Have no idea how he intended to deal with both of them and the 501st.

ozz81
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah and he was expecting Kenobi there with him. Have no idea how he intended to deal with both of them and the 501st.

maybe help from the mandalorian crew as well etc ?

Rockydonovang
And imagine how much greater she would have been if she had a competitive sparring partner that whole time ?

Look This is no different to when Dooku wanted AOTC Kenobi to join him in defeating Sidious. Didnt mean they had to challenge him the next day.
You sure about that? Because luring anakin and kenobi was his og plan

Darth Thor
You sure about that? Because luring anakin and kenobi was his og plan

What does that have to do with Ahsoka and Mauls potential?

Rockydonovang
What does that have to do with Ahsoka and Mauls potential?
The point is maul killing Anakin wasn't a long term plan. He was planning to do it then and there.

Darth Thor
The point is maul killing Anakin wasn't a long term plan. He was planning to do it then and there.

The plan was to ambush Skywalker and Kenobi yeah.

But When he was asking Ahsoka to join him, that opportunity had gone.

Galan007
The plan was to ambush Skywalker and Kenobi yeah. It gets funnier every time I think about it.

Maul's head is so far up his own ass that he legitimately thought he could kill Anakin without a problem... What a gas. g007_teehee

Darth Thor
It gets funnier every time I think about it.

Maul's head is so far up his own ass that he legitimately thought he could kill Anakin without a problem... What a gas. g007_teehee

Well, to be fair, he did KO Windu and Secura by ambushing them with just 2 Death Watch warriors. Even managed to engage them both on his own. And perhaps he himself has grown slightly stronger since then.

Total Warrior
^he engaged Mace and Aayla for literally one panel, I would have bit more surprised if Mace oneshotted him lol

Galan007
Yeah, and it was the rocket(which Mace was obviously unprepared for) that KO'd him.

No conclusions can be drawn from that 'fight', but Maul diving in head first against an opponent who is undoubtedly above him doesn't surprise me... Especially given Filoni's statement that he tends to be an overconfident dipshit in battle scenarios.

Darth Thor
No what I meant was Mace was ambushed. I.e. Getting a rocket shot at him whilst fighting Maul.

And that An ambush was clearly Mauls plan here as well, as we saw Ahsoka surrounded at the end of Part 1.

So not saying it would have worked, but there is precedent for that working from Mauls POV.

Darth Thor
but Maul diving in head first against an opponent who is undoubtedly above him doesn't surprise me... Especially given Filoni's statement that he tends to be an overconfident dipshit in battle scenarios.

I think his overconfident weakness kicks in when he feels his opponent is beneath him.

I dont think he would get too cocky against Anakin. At least not going by Mauls line regarding facing Vader alone in Rebels.

YousufKhan1212
I wouldn't be surprised if Anakin is a Dooku stomper in Canon.

Rockydonovang
Yeah, and it was the rocket(which Mace was obviously unprepared for) that KO'd him.

No conclusions can be drawn from that 'fight', but Maul diving in head first against an opponent who is undoubtedly above him doesn't surprise me... Especially given Filoni's statement that he tends to be an overconfident dipshit in battle scenarios.
No, I think what thor is saying is that by using external help, he was able to ko them, in spite, of being outclassed by Mace.

So, using similar logic, in his home world, he could use his army to a similar effect vs anakin/kenobi.

Rockydonovang
I think his overconfident weakness kicks in when he feels his opponent is beneath him.

I dont think he would get too cocky against Anakin. At least not going by Mauls line regarding facing Vader alone in Rebels.
Rebels took place after Ahsoka reminded him he was bantha fodder.

Galan007
No, I think what thor is saying is that by using external help, he was able to ko them, in spite, of being outclassed by Mace.

So, using similar logic, in his home world, he could use his army to a similar effect vs anakin/kenobi. Yeah, I know.

But that assumes Maul wouldn't f*ck it up... Which he almost always does:
https://i.imgur.com/GBpqPv5.jpg
vin

I would also think that if Anakin AND Kenobi went to Mandalore, they'd bring a considerable number of troops with them -- far more, at least, than the fraction of the 501st+Mandalorian rebels that Ahsoka had. /shrug

Darth Thor
Yeah, I know.

But that assumes Maul wouldn't f*ck it up... Which he almost always does:
https://i.imgur.com/GBpqPv5.jpg
vin

I would also think that if Anakin AND Kenobi went to Mandalore, they'd bring a considerable number of troops with them -- far more, at least, than the fraction of the 501st+Mandalorian rebels that Ahsoka had. /shrug

Of course hed f*** it up lol

Point is his plan wasnt completely unreasonable on paper. Heck Dooku thought he could still handle Skywalker and Kenobi pretty much alone.

As for the 501st, thats why he lead her into the cave, giving the impression he was hiding alone. But where he gave Ahsoka time to call for back up, im presuming he wouldnt have given Skywalker and Kenobi that opportunity.

Galan007
Of course hed f*** it up lol

Point is his plan wasnt completely unreasonable on paper. Heck Dooku thought he could still handle Skywalker and Kenobi pretty much alone.

As for the 501st, thats why he lead her into the cave, giving the impression he was hiding alone. But where he gave Ahsoka time to call for back up, im presuming he wouldnt have given Skywalker and Kenobi that opportunity. laughing out loud thumb up

Right, right. I get where he was coming from. Thing is, if Anakin and Kenobi had shown up(which is what Maul was anticipating at first), they'd be packing the full numbers of Anakin's 501st + the full numbers of Kenobi's 212th + the Mandalorian rebels. Maul would have been absolutely f*cked in that scenario... Hell, he would have been f*cked if just Anakin had showed up with the complete 501st + the Mandalorian rebels.

Ahsoka arriving instead with just a portion of the 501st and the Mandalorian rebels was the best possible scenario for Maul, and it still went south for him.

Scizard
I can't even imagine if both the full 212th and 501st landed, Maul's forces would be overrun in seconds.

hutchy1345
And Anakin would obliterate him hahahah

Total Warrior
Maul was just desperate

Total Warrior

Eli Vanto
That just goes back to Maul always underestimating his opponents.

Total Warrior
Btw, I was listening to a 2017 interview to Sam Witwer, who commented on Maul vs Ahsoka. If I got it right, the original plan was to have Maul fight Quinlan Vos during this arc, but then in rebels Maul and Ahsoka had that conversation which led viewers to assume they had already fought. So they switched Vos with Ahsoka

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
That just goes back to Maul always underestimating his opponents.

He tends to underestimate weaker opponents. Or ones he perceives to be weaker.

Like Rebels Maul doesnt underestimate Vader. So I doubt Clone Wars Maul was underestimating Anakin after the vision he had.

Ambush must have been his plan.

Still was stupid when Maul doesnt even have an apprentice anymore and he was expecting both Skywalker and Kenobi. Had no idea the level of forces/troops theyd come with. That could have gone wrong in so many ways.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Btw, I was listening to a 2017 interview to Sam Witwer, who commented on Maul vs Ahsoka. If I got it right, the original plan was to have Maul fight Quinlan Vos during this arc, but then in rebels Maul and Ahsoka had that conversation which led viewers to assume they had already fought. So they switched Vos with Ahsoka

Oh come on!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.