Snoke vs. ROTJ Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Canon.

Discuss.

Darthadi
Snoke is probably more powerful, but he is worthless in lightsaber combat. Since i strongly doubt he can just ragdoll Vader, i will say that he dies.

Galan007
Snoke is a borderline cripple, so the only way for him to beat Vader is with pure Force power.

That may or may not be possible, depending on how much stock you put into Luke indicating that Snoke's "mastery of the dark side" = RotJ Palpatine's. /shrug

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
Snoke is a borderline cripple, so the only way for him to beat Vader is with pure Force power.

That may or may not be possible, depending on how much stock you put into Luke indicating that Snoke's "mastery of the dark side" = RotJ Palpatine's. /shrug
When did he indicate this?

Galan007
In Secrets of the Jedi:
https://i.imgur.com/apprMCC.jpg
"Unlike Emperor Palpatine before him, Snoke was not a Sith Lord, but his mastery of the dark side was equally as impressive -- and terrifying."

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Darthadi
Snoke is probably more powerful, but he is worthless in lightsaber combat. Since i strongly doubt he can just ragdoll Vader, i will say that he dies. Maybe he can surprise people with a lightsaber like Yoda does?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Maybe he can surprise people with a lightsaber like Yoda does?

Theres nothing to suggest he even carries a Saber (as far as im aware).

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
In Secrets of the Jedi:
https://i.imgur.com/apprMCC.jpg
"Unlike Emperor Palpatine before him, Snoke was not a Sith Lord, but his mastery of the dark side was equally as impressive -- and terrifying."
So sidious created a sidious level force user in a bacta tank? erm

Scizard
I'd say Vader since I don't see how Snoke could overwhelm him with just the force, although I'm not sure how Vader would deal with that bouncing of lightning off the floor.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
So sidious created a sidious level force user in a bacta tank? erm

Hes a clone of Sidious. Albeit a deformed one.

What you expected better from the sequels?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hes a clone of Sidious. Albeit a deformed one.

What you expected better from the sequels?
He's a clone? Would that mean he could lift a fleet of star destroyers with EDM?

Given Luke is apparently>>Snoke does that make Luke a planet buster?

What the actual **** is disney canon.

Darthadi
Snoke would only be equal ro ROTJ Sheev since that is the version of Sheev Luke met.
There is also another interpretation for the quote. It could just be saying his mastery of the dark side is equal to that of a Sith Lord, not necessarily the Emperor himself

Galan007
Originally posted by Darthadi
Snoke would only be equal ro ROTJ Sheev since that is the version of Sheev Luke met.
There is also another interpretation for the quote. It could just be saying his mastery of the dark side is equal to that of a Sith Lord, not necessarily the Emperor himself Yeah, Luke would've only had RotJ Palpatine as a reference when he drew the comparison with Snoke... But as Kylo confirmed in the novelization, RoS Palpatine(in his rotting clone body) was more powerful than anyone he had ever encountered, which automatically scales him above Luke and Snoke.

That interpretation never made sense to me. Luke is very clearly using Palpatine as a measuring stick, imo.

CriticalShaft
Snoke has no feats

Inedian
Let's be real... Vader decapitates him.

Sheev
If Snoke is on par with ROTJ Sidious he should be able to beat Vader, saber or not.

xPRIMEx

carthage
Vader in a stomp

Scizard
I don't see Palpatine beating Vader w/o a lightsaber either.

Galan007
I don't think there was a vast difference between RotJ Palpatine and RotJ Vader, but there was still enough of a difference for Vader to believe that he would need Luke's help to destroy his master.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.