Man Gunned Down Over Property Dispute

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Black kills white man. The alleged murderer claims he was afraid for his life after being called a racial slur. He is charged with manslaughter/second degree murder.

Take a look at the video:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/crime/buckeye-man-killed-in-property-dispute/75-9000697f-c0a3-4a93-87e9-5177a7deee19

It will not be covered in the mainstream news. No one will give a shit except the direct friends and family of the people involved.

Compare and contrast this with the Arbery shooting. Unlike the other shooting, there is clear and definitive evidence that this is racially motivated.

Surtur
Awful, RIP.

And since the perpetrator wasn't killed after...there goes that excuse for the lack of coverage.

Silent Master
Time to see if certain people are consistent.

BrolyBlack
I will keep this bumped for a week.

100 to 1 Robtard will say how this is awful, then deflect to Trump or some other deflection.

Also he was gunned down with an AK-47. He was probably Muslim according to Lucien.

Surtur
The same people who immediately assumed the Arbery thing was racially motivated will be showing a lot more caution here.

The thing is we know they won't be doing that because they learned a lesson with how the narrative for Arbery fell apart. They'll be more cautious cuz this is a black guy who has killed a white guy. That will be the sole reason.

dadudemon
In this scenario, it was a wealthy businessman, with a family that included young children, that was handsome. All the signs that this is a really big deal and their faces should be all over the news.

But why isn't it? Where is the incessant coverage for an obviously racially motivated murder over a property dispute? Unlike Arbery, this man was well liked by his employees, the community, and his family loved him (some families are not so good so having a boss, husband, and father who is well-liked is kind of rare, imo).

This should be a big deal since the Arbery case is a big deal. Deals with the same situation: lawful defense vs. mansalughter. And it involves racism. It frustrates me that we focus so much on race. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy by the racist media. And also to call attention to this super shitty news...a good man was murdered.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Surtur
The same people who immediately assumed the Arbery thing was racially motivated will be showing a lot more caution here.

The thing is we know they won't be doing that because they learned a lesson with how the narrative for Arbery fell apart. They'll be more cautious cuz this is a black guy who has killed a white guy. That will be the sole reason.

So I assume you mean Raptor22?

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
So I assume you mean Raptor22?

Well Rob pushed the racism narrative from the beginning, I think Bash defended it and Raptor got upset when it fell apart.

So it will be curious to see how they respond.

BrolyBlack
He did meltdown like nothing I have ever seen, SM wore him out.

He started talking like "if 2+2=4, then u don get wat im saying, do u, bc dis is wat u are sayn."

If you think I'm exaggerating, go look.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
In this scenario, it was a wealthy businessman, with a family that included young children, that was handsome. All the signs that this is a really big deal and their faces should be all over the news.

But why isn't it? Where is the incessant coverage for an obviously racially motivated murder over a property dispute? Unlike Arbery, this man was well liked by his employees, the community, and his family loved him (some families are not so good so having a boss, husband, and father who is well-liked is kind of rare, imo).

This should be a big deal since the Arbery case is a big deal. Deals with the same situation: lawful defense vs. mansalughter. And it involves racism. It frustrates me that we focus so much on race. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy by the racist media. And also to call attention to this super shitty news...a good man was murdered.

We both know why it isn't getting the same level of coverage.

Silent Master
Well Rob pushed the racism narrative from the beginning, I think Bash defended it and Raptor got upset when it fell apart.

So it will be curious to see how they respond.

This time, he'll get upset if the narrative doesn't fall apart. the kid's bias is next level.

Robtard
The very poor behavior of every poster above me aside, this look like murder.

As far as it reads, it seems these two had an ongoing fightfor some time over property which netted both of them in a heated exchange, Mladick walked away to his truck and then Berry shot him with an AK-47.

Unless Mladick had a gun as well, I see no possible defense here for Berry, zero. This is also another reason why we need to talk about gun control. An AK-47 is a weapon of war, lovely gun, one of my favorites, but its a weapon of mass destruction.

eThneoLgrRnae
Of course no one will care about this story (at least not anyone on the looney left) because it doesn't fit their BS narrative.

Robtard
I mean, if you people put aside your feelings and look at it objectively, a man was killed in what looks very much like a murder and the suspected murderer was taken into custody that night and he's being charged with murder. It wasn't swept under the rug for months until a video came out showing the murder.

If the same had happened when Arbery was murdered, it wouldn't be coast-to-coast news as well.

Silent Master
So this is just a normal murder, rather than a racially motivated one?

Robtard
Doesn't appear to be with the optics on the surface. If there's something I missed, sure.

I've no problem with you believing Berry was a racist Black man who just wanted to murder a White man though. Have fun with that.

eThneoLgrRnae
It's a racially-motivated crime only when it's a white person killing a non-white person, right robbie?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Robtard
Doesn't appear to be with the optics on the surface. If there's something I missed, sure.

I've no problem with you believing Berry was a racist Black man who just wanted to murder a White man though. Have fun with that.

Where did I say that I believed "Berry was a racist Black man who just wanted to murder a White man".

StyleTime
This came up some years ago during the Trayvon thing. The issue remains the same. We can discuss how racist/not racist each incident was, but these aren't identical things.

The black dude who killed the white guy was, swiftly, brought up on charges. Of course it won't be covered: there is no controversy because the Justice system acted as it should.

The white guys who killed Arbery roamed around free for several months. It was only because of public outrage at the later video release that the white guys are even facing charges at all.

The white and black killers are all morons either way though. Can we all agree with that?

Surtur

Translation:

https://i.imgur.com/hzChx03.jpg

BrolyBlack

laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
Where did I say that I believed "Berry was a racist Black man who just wanted to murder a White man".

If you don't hold that position, then ignore it, doesn't apply. Either way, I'm fine.

Silent Master
Fair enough

meep-meep
White people can be just as racist as black people and any other people. There are racist blacks, whites, browns whatever color. There are no statistics to prove when racially motivated killings occur that both parties each have lingering racial biases. Most people walk away from unnecessary conflict unless they have underlying issues.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Black kills white man. The alleged murderer claims he was afraid for his life after being called a racial slur. He is charged with manslaughter/second degree murder.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/crime/buckeye-man-killed-in-property-dispute/75-9000697f-c0a3-4a93-87e9-5177a7deee19

It will not be covered in the mainstream news. No one will give a shit except the direct friends and family of the people involved.

Compare and contrast this with the Arbery shooting. Unlike the other shooting, there is clear and definitive evidence that this is racially motivated.

I think the difference here is that the justice system is doing its job....What the final outcome is has yet to be determined but thankfully he was arrested and charged.

Very different from the Arbery shooting from my understanding.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the difference here is that the justice system is doing its job....What the final outcome is has yet to be determined but thankfully he was arrested and charged.

It's a different situation for sure. The two top flight security guys will be thrown in prison, and get whats coming to them. The deceased would likely still be alive if he just would have just walked away. He probably would have been able to file a law suit as well. He might have been casing, maybe not. As far as I know he didn't commit a crime that warranted death. That's for the jury to decide.

Surtur
Yeah I'm gonna have to destroy some arguments, apologies in advance smile

The problem is this "justice was served" defense doesn't 100% fly here. You could perhaps point to that as to why this isn't getting as much coverage(but I don't believe that for a single second, no way the Arbery case gets dog shit coverage if the guys were arrested immediately, and the trial for Arbery will get more attention than the trial for the black killer) but "justice being served" doesn't explain one bit why the usual suspects are not out screaming "this is racist".

And no, "the optics" are no better an excuse for the lack of people crying racism. Unless by "optics" you literally just mean "victim was white".

dadudemon
Both cases are claiming self-defense. The McMichael's have a better self-defense case...yet that's the case that is more controversial.

It's pretty obvious that the media only likes interracial murders from one direction.

Surtur
Both cases are claiming self-defense. The McMichael's have a better self-defense case...yet that's the case that is more controversial.

It's pretty obvious that the media only likes interracial murders from one direction.

Yes it is quite obvious to anyone willing to be honest about the situation.

That is the problem though isn't it? People weren't honest about the Arbery situation.

StyleTime
Yeah I'm gonna have to destroy some arguments, apologies in advance smile

The problem is this "justice was served" defense doesn't 100% fly here. You could perhaps point to that as to why this isn't getting as much coverage(but I don't believe that for a single second, no way the Arbery case gets dog shit coverage if the guys were arrested immediately, and the trial for Arbery will get more attention than the trial for the black killer) but "justice being served" doesn't explain one bit why the usual suspects are not out screaming "this is racist".

And no, "the optics" are no better an excuse for the lack of people crying racism. Unless by "optics" you literally just mean "victim was white".
The success of the Justice system here is so fundamental here though. Even if we assumed equal racism from all killers here, there's not much else to discuss when the black perpetrator gets the book thrown at him. That's the best case scenario for that situation: killer kills someone and gets charged. Arbery is sensational because it appears the system failed.

Heck, look at the comments here. It's mostly us all agreeing Berry is stupid and should be locked away. No controversy means no/little coverage.

meep-meep
It's pretty obvious this is media race baiting. In the end I think the super neighborhood watchmen will serve a little time. But the dead guy likely wasn't just enjoying a stroll.

Badabing
We all play our roles on KMC. I highly doubt any liberal posters would not want this covered in the MSM for what it is. Don't confuse the media bias in reporting with the hearts of all liberals. Generally, liberals are more in touch with their feelings as a first response to events. Sometimes that's not a bad thing.

meep-meep
For sure. I'm pretty liberal, and I can agree that I can be reactionary off the bat. The media plays their part. Just have to know it for what it is. Media is necessary, and it's always trying to sell. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Badabing
We all play our roles on KMC. I highly doubt any liberal posters would not want this covered in the MSM for what it is. Don't confuse the media bias in reporting with the hearts of all liberals. Generally, liberals are more in touch with their feelings as a first response to events. Sometimes that's not a bad thing. Wise words from Bada, I want everything covered without the bias, loaded phases and gaslighting.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Silent Master
Time to see if certain people are consistent.

Not as of yet

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
The success of the Justice system here is so fundamental here though. Even if we assumed equal racism from all killers here, there's not much else to discuss when the black perpetrator gets the book thrown at him. That's the best case scenario for that situation: killer kills someone and gets charged. Arbery is sensational because it appears the system failed.

Heck, look at the comments here. It's mostly us all agreeing Berry is stupid and should be locked away. No controversy means no/little coverage.

They were arrested though. How did the system fail?

Artol

That's a sad story, it's good that the person is in custody and will be tried. It looks in most aspects like a pretty clear cut case.

Watching the video in the OP was interesting, of course you don't expect news sources to completely unbiasedly report, especially when a person's life was taken, but I couldn't help but notice the contrast of the family photos of the victim with the mugshot of the perpetrator. It certainly draws a certain image in the viewers mind, one that in this case does seem somewhat justified, of course.

I'm not sure I see the parallels with the debate about the Arbery shooting personally though. Both the case seems a lot more clear cut here, and the societal narratives and response seem to be aligned. I don't see any partisan lines here that would cause an argument.

Artol
Originally posted by cdtm

I think the argument is that they were only arrested because of public outcry after learning of this case. Dadudemon mentioned some online movements of people jogging or something. And I would assume that the next step in the argument is to say that public outrage should not be part of the system's response, even though in a Democratic society it is of course one avenue to have a fail-safe. So I think that is why some people say the system failed in the Arbery case.

Robtard
I mean, if you people put aside your feelings and look at it objectively, a man was killed in what looks very much like a murder and the suspected murderer was taken into custody that night and he's being charged with murder. It wasn't swept under the rug for months until a video came out showing the murder.

If the same had happened when Arbery was murdered, it wouldn't be coast-to-coast news as well.
This came up some years ago during the Trayvon thing. The issue remains the same. We can discuss how racist/not racist each incident was, but these aren't identical things.

The black dude who killed the white guy was, swiftly, brought up on charges. Of course it won't be covered: there is no controversy because the Justice system acted as it should.

The white guys who killed Arbery roamed around free for several months. It was only because of public outrage at the later video release that the white guys are even facing charges at all.

The white and black killers are all morons either way though. Can we all agree with that?
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Bingo. The suspect was arrested and charged with murder the same day here.

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm
To show a non-race related example, Remember the dad who beat his daughter's molester to death?

A Grand Jury decided not to bring charges against him, which is fine, but they still had to check it out. Even in instances where you're ultimately not charged, an investigation has to go down because you ****ing killed someone.

You can't just chill out for months playing the Resident Evil 3 Remake like nothing happened.
Originally posted by Artol
I think the argument is that they were only arrested because of public outcry after learning of this case. Dadudemon mentioned some online movements of people jogging or something. And I would assume that the next step in the argument is to say that public outrage should not be part of the system's response, even though in a Democratic society it is of course one avenue to have a fail-safe. So I think that is why some people say the system failed in the Arbery case.
thumb up

It's great citizens are willing to call out the BS, but it shouldn't be required.

dadudemon
You can't just chill out for months playing the Resident Evil 3 Remake like nothing happened.

I believe in the Arbery case, the McMichael's were not at risk for flight and they had conflict of interest problems to work through before a prosecutor could sit in on the case and recommend it be sent to a Grand Jury for the initial indictment.

We would have seen delays in this thread's case if the prosecutor knew the person who committed the homicide, as well.

Also, someone mentioned in this thread about the swiftness of this case to charges compared to the McMichaels': how long did the outcry last before the case finally got a case put together by a prosecutor and sent to a Grand Jury?

I am muddying up the threads, I know. But this thread's case is very similar in that both claim self-defense, white and black races involved, gun use, and a death.

Old Man Whirly!
Why would you wish to muddy unrelated threads DDM? laughing out loud

StyleTime
I believe in the Arbery case, the McMichael's were not at risk for flight and they had conflict of interest problems to work through before a prosecutor could sit in on the case and recommend it be sent to a Grand Jury for the initial indictment.

We would have seen delays in this thread's case if the prosecutor knew the person who committed the homicide, as well.

Also, someone mentioned in this thread about the swiftness of this case to charges compared to the McMichaels': how long did the outcry last before the case finally got a case put together by a prosecutor and sent to a Grand Jury?
Perhaps not the best example on my part, but I meant moreso the legal process wasn't obstructed.

The Grand Jury delay makes sense, especially with COVID-19 blocking them. I don't know it excuses the lack of arrest though, which is where much of the controversy lies. From my understanding, the commissioner explained the officers at the scene did find probable cause, but the DA office(Johnson) told them not to arrest the McMichaels anyway. Johnson later recuses herself from the case because she previously worked with the elder McMichael when he was employed by her office. The subsequent DA(Barnhill) did similar, and also has ties to McMichael. It seems suspect that the cops had probable cause, but are stopped by people with ties to McMichael. That seems to be a recurring theme: people with ties to McMichael tended to excuse him. When outsiders were brought in, they're like "wtf...arrest these dudes."

The GBI also found probable cause, which is why they arrested the McMichaels, and are investigating the DA's office along with the shooting. The FBI are also lending a hand. On top of that, the county manager has accused the police force of a "culture of cronyism" in addition to the cases of misconduct against them. It's really starting to look like they were covering for their bro rather than doing their jobs(not blaming the cops on the scene.)

Obviously, new info comes out every day. Things could change so I can't make conclusions for certain. My eyebrow is definitely raised here though. Their DA office is looking mighty silly at the moment.

I am muddying up the threads, I know. But this thread's case is very similar in that both claim self-defense, white and black races involved, gun use, and a death.
We're all to blame somewhat here, as this kinda just turned into Arbery Thread No. 2. I'm fine moving it to the other one, although I have no idea what's already been discussed. It's 86 pages long.

dadudemon
Perhaps not the best example on my part, but I meant moreso the legal process wasn't obstructed.

The Grand Jury delay makes sense, especially with COVID-19 blocking them. I don't know it excuses the lack of arrest though, which is where much of the controversy lies. From my understanding, the commissioner explained the officers at the scene did find probable cause, but the DA office(Johnson) told them not to arrest the McMichaels anyway. Johnson later recuses herself from the case because she previously worked with the elder McMichael when he was employed by her office. The subsequent DA(Barnhill) did similar, and also has ties to McMichael. It seems suspect that the cops had acceptable probable cause, but are stopped by people with ties to McMichael. That seems to be recurring theme in this case, people with ties to McMichael tended to excuse him. When outsiders are brought in, they're like "wtf...arrest these dudes."

The GBI found probable cause, and are investigating the DA's office along with the shooting. The FBI are also lending a hand. On top of that, the county manager has accused the police force of a "culture of cronyism" in addition to the cases of misconduct against them. It's really starting to look like they were covering for their bro rather than doing their jobs(not necessarily the cops on the scene.)

Obviously, new info comes out every day. Things could change so I can't make conclusions for certain. My eyebrow is definitely raised here though. Their DA office is looking mighty silly at the moment.

We're all to blame somewhat here, as this kinda just turned into Arbery Thread No. 2. I'm fine moving it to the other one, although I have no idea what's already been discussed. It's 86 pages long.

I can't keep track of all the arguments but someone brought a good point about McMichael's case: the police were involved in pushing the McMichael's into being the "village police" in this scenario and, so, were slightly culpable so they were worried about moving this case forward without a ton of investigation - also why that case might have been delayed.

The dude in this thread that got shot was, by all accounts, a great man loved by all. Except for the guy who shot him. And the shooter did not have connections and was not pushed into confronting the victim in this thread's case. But the self-defense angle is very interesting. In this thread.

Edit - I am fine making this the compare and contrast to the Arbery murder case. I am not a thread-nazi. We're still on topic. We are trying to figure out why the McMichael's got over 2 months before formal charges and the shooter in this thread was almost immediately charged. I think we've largely figured it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.