Whirly's "state of the forum address for COVID19".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Where should the forum be?
The most active for decades! People are at home more and have more free time. It may be a little busier among broadly the same people but, many like Lord Lucien and Jaden are actually posting less. Why?

I have created a poll with some of the reasons I feel are preventing making KMC GDF great again.

Surtur
DDM and minions vs PVS and his minions? Could be good. Make sure you're well rested Whirly I'm sure PVS wants all his minions ready to go.

Bashar Teg
a whirly thread!

https://i.imgur.com/Wt0iDME.gif

Eon Blue
There is literally nothing wrong right now on these forums, Whirly entertaining such an idea is gaslighting at its finest. These little disputes have always been the way of online forums and are natural.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eon Blue
There is literally nothing wrong right now on these forums, Whirly entertaining such an idea is gaslighting at its finest. These little disputes have always been the way of online forums and are natural.

And if there is a problem with this forum I'm not sure why threads like this, that will just start arguments, are the answer.

It's almost like he's full of shit when he laments about the state of this board.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This is the most condescending and mean-spirited I think I've ever seen you. I un-sarcastically, un-ironically, and truly thought you were someone devoted to portraying and communicating honest use of language when it came to promoting your beliefs. You were the one good member here who consistently backed up his statements with fairly credible links and spoke in a way that suggested you put thought and care into your proclamations, and you're decently bipartisan in your assessments.

I've been popping back in and out of here since this morning to see your reply, but you avoided it for the bulk of the day only to post 9 hours later trying to "score a win" in front of your internet friends with glibness and snideness. F*ck man, even I wasn't doing that here. I cared about the words you chose, not your underlying point. I otherwise agree with you, but you're either not reading that far or you're chafing horribly at having the shitposting *sshole of the forum call you out for what I thought was originally an understandable slip of the keyboard tongue or a misnomer. I don't know. I didn't think your skin was so thin.

I just can't believe you took this sudden turn for the arrogant with your vitriol and double-downing on poor interpretation of scientific terminology and literature. I haven't gone through a biotechnology education to not go out of my way to split hairs with the details--in science, the correct wording of them matters, and the wrong or poorly chosen use of words gets people killed and gets the uninitiated making bad decisions.

*sigh* So for a last summation, not that you'll care at this point.

Common cold: collection of symptoms caused by over 200 different types of viruses, rimarily human rhinovirus.
ARIs: acute (which the cold is not) illnesses of the respiratory tract such as pneumonia, influenza, etc.

Pneumonia is typically bacterial in origin, influenza is a separate virus group than the cold's. Rhinovirus (one of the causes of cold, but not all) can ALSO cause ARIs or cause a cold to progress to an ARI, which is much worse.

I know you like links to sources, so here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3553670/

HRV sucks. It causes cold, but it can ALSO cause other bullshit that is so much worse.

"The common cold kills millions each year" is an incorrect and wrong statement. Full stop. This is the proper way to say, using correct medical terminology, what you first said:

That's it. Colds aren't the killers. They're the Charmanders to ARIs' Charizards. They still suck, but they won't refuse to be trained by you if you lack the badges from the expensive Western hospital.

But fine, man. Stick to your loaded eye-grabbing headline. Have your win. It's about all you people care for. Originally posted by dadudemon
Because you're a douchebag, condescending, are so sure of your ignorance - you get what you dish from me and that's how I've always been. It's what got me in trouble with Ush so many times. smile

You don't deserve a respectful reply and you've wasted far too much time on this and I won't waste anymore time on it.

It's obvious you know you f*cked up when you retardedly said "er mer gerd! no cold mentioned in articlez!" when the study is about how deadly rhinovirus is: a cold.

ARI Institute has article after article about colds and how deadly they are (causing ARIs, duh!) and has concluded that 4 million + people die from them each year. CDC says 2 million children. Almost all of them originating from colds. <- A position supported over and over again with you never once disputing that in any legimate way.

You do not deserve another reply. I've so thoroughly destroyed your ignorance in my reply that there's no wiggle room, no further debate. You can scream cry and beg all you won't: you're simply too stupid to be worth engaging in a discussion of anything serious. No, I am not kidding.

There are 3-4 people I've run across on KMC that fit that category. It's a rare group. You have to be really dumb and/or dishonest to be put into that group because I even give not so bright people some leeway and respectfully engage them. The most insulting thing I do to a person is write them off as too stupid to be worth talking to because I cannot think of a worse position to be in. lord l doesn't seem to have posted since this highly personal interaction.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
lord l doesn't seem to have posted since this highly personal interaction.

He's used to you guys slobbering all over him he's not used to anyone pushing back against his comments.

Guess he couldn't take the heat so he got out of the kitchen.

Eon Blue

snowdragon
Hurry someone hit the reboot button!

dadudemon
Are we able to vote on polls with slightly more honest options?

Old Man Whirly!
Looks like most forum regulars have voted.

Tzeentch
I hope Star gets Covid.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I hope Star gets Covid. when he escaped from a lab in wuhan after mating with a bat and horny Anteater he was seen as immune sadly. He evolved beyond covid19

Surtur
Looks like most forum regulars have voted.

Not me

BrolyBlack
i voted fu robtard

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
i voted fu robtard Always a good choice!

jaden_2.0
The most active for decades! People are at home more and have more free time. It may be a little busier among broadly the same people but, many like Lord Lucien and Jaden are actually posting less. Why?

I have created a poll with some of the reasons I feel are preventing making KMC GDF great again.

Working more. A lot more.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Working more. A lot more. Ah, well, I'm glad you are well and working!

Old Man Whirly!
I was torn where to vote on this thread, so many good and salient options!

Surtur
I was torn where to vote on this thread, so many good and salient options!

So what did you end up choosing?!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
So what did you end up choosing?! wink

Surtur
wink

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2014/01/observing.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Mods can I change my vote from DDM and PVS to Alt-right gaslighting please.

Surtur
Mods can I change my vote from DDM and PVS to Alt-right gaslighting please.

Damn, DDM really got to you.

Old Man Whirly!
Damn, DDM really got to you. No one has got to me, but I do think we should honestly represent information. You may not like the media, but we should see them as a level above youtube actors in reliability and represent the media honestly.

Surtur
No one has got to me, but I do think we should honestly represent information.

But you dishonestly label people as "alt right" all the time lol.

Old Man Whirly!
But you dishonestly label people as "alt right" all the time lol. well that's a personal opinion of my personal opinion not a reflection of misrepresentation of the media.

snowdragon
I do think we should honestly represent information. You may not like the media, but we should see them as a level above youtube actors in reliability and represent the media honestly.

At least in the USA we literally just went through a period in our history that the media propped up and literally misled the public deliberately for years to push a narrative that was false.

I can not speak to all youtube media but personally I use sources like The Hill (more for their online articles than youtube presence) for news that speaks credibly FAR FAR more than our traditiional media outlets that have proven time and again that their revenue through headlines dictates stories over facts...they have to make sure their audience is happy with their shat reporting.

Just to add another source online reporting is Matt Taibbi, who is FAR FAR better factually then most mainstream media sources.

Surtur
Really curious to know how DDM is alt right. This should be fascinating.

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
At least in the USA we literally just went through a period in our history that the media propped up and literally misled the public deliberately for years to push a narrative that was false.

I can not speak to all youtube media but personally I use sources like The Hill (more for their online articles than youtube presence) for news that speaks credibly FAR FAR more than our traditiional media outlets that have proven time and again that their revenue through headlines dictates stories over facts...they have to make sure their audience is happy with their shat reporting.

Yep it is always weird to see them shitting on youtubers considering the behavior of the mainstream media for the last 4-5 years.

Not every youtuber is of the same quality, but more often than not I find out via youtube videos something that I wasn't aware of that I didn't see mentioned by the msm. For instance I first discovered that Crowdstrike admitted it had no direct evidence that russians hacked and then stole emails from the DNC from watching a Jimmy Dore video.

Old Man Whirly!
Really curious to know how DDM is alt right. This should be fascinating. I'm not saying he is, however propagating false narratives based on misrepresenting media evidence to alter racial perceptions in favour of white men who committed the act of killing a black man. Is the sort of thing the Alt-right might do. I don't for a minute think DDM is genuinely Alt-Right, I think he may be playing with a political position for lulz though.

Surtur
I'm not saying he is, however propagating false narratives based on misrepresenting media evidence to alter racial perceptions in favour of white men who committed the act of killing a black man. Is the sort of thing the Alt-right might do. I don't for a minute think DDM is genuinely Alt-Right, I think he may be playing with a political position for lulz though.

But see you talk about how people should be honest and what you just said about DDM was dishonest.

Old Man Whirly!
But see you talk about how people should be honest and what you just said about DDM was dishonest. No, misrepresenting media evidence must be an act of lulz by DDM, it's the only explanation I can come up with. He certainly doesn't strike me as a white supremacist.

Surtur
No, misrepresenting media evidence must be an act of lulz by DDM, it's the only explanation I can come up with. He certainly doesn't strike me as a white supremacist.

Except he didn't do that either.

Old Man Whirly!
Except he didn't do that either. well, opinions vary there.

dadudemon
No one has got to me, but I do think we should honestly represent information.

Then you should stop misrepresenting information and be more honest. smile

dadudemon
I'm not saying he is, however propagating false narratives based on misrepresenting media evidence to alter racial perceptions in favour of white men who committed the act of killing a black man. Is the sort of thing the Alt-right might do. I don't for a minute think DDM is genuinely Alt-Right, I think he may be playing with a political position for lulz though.

You're gaslighting and outright lying, here. Why?

Does it upset you that you fell for a false-narrative painted by the media and knee-jerk reacted with emotions instead of paying attention to the facts?

Don't worry, I fell for it, too. Then I did research. Found out the media was lying again and tried to racism-bait for clicks and views.

But see you talk about how people should be honest and what you just said about DDM was dishonest.

Correct. The only people who would agree with Whirly's dishonest take are PVS and people who have an agenda to troll me.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by dadudemon
You're gaslighting and outright lying, here. Why?

Does it upset you that you fell for a false-narrative painted by the media and knee-jerk reacted with emotions instead of paying attention to the facts?

Don't worry, I fell for it, too. Then I did research. Found out the media was lying again and tried to racism-bait for clicks and views.

Correct. The only people who would agree with Whirly's dishonest take are PVS and people who have an agenda to troll me. I've already pointed out your false representations elsewhere DDM. It's not personal, I like you, always have and am not trolling you as you are in the real reality aware. I'm not bothering discussing any of this further. Anyone who reads your links will see no rash of burglaries etc. Good gaslighting though.

dadudemon
I've already pointed out your false representations elsewhere DDM.

Which is a false representation of what I did - what you're doing, here, is dishonest. I'm rather amused by it.

It's not personal, I like you...

I assume your current lying is due to being bored. hmm

I give you attention (though not as stupid to keep typing the same things over and over like others).

I'm not bothering discussing any of this further. Anyone who reads your links will see no rash of burglaries etc. Good gaslighting though.

You misspelled break-ins. You and PVS keep trying to move the goalposts but I'm not stupid enough to fall for the word game and haven't been since the beginning when I responded to PVS about the rash of break-ins. smile

I think that's what upsets you and PVS the most about my involvement in the convo - I never once fell for the word games (which are irrelevant to the actual court case). I think you both are used to "gotchas' with less attentive posters. The pretend e-wins got old to me years ago for these types of discussions.

smile

Surtur
Which is a false representation of what I did - what you're doing, here, is dishonest. I'm rather amused by it.

I assume your current lying is due to being bored. hmm

I give you attention (though not as stupid to keep typing the same things over and over like others).

You misspelled break-ins. You and PVS keep trying to move the goalposts but I'm not stupid enough to fall for the word game and haven't been since the beginning when I responded to PVS about the rash of break-ins. smile

I think that's what upsets you and PVS the most about my involvement in the convo - I never once fell for the word games (which are irrelevant to the actual court case). I think you both are used to "gotchas' with less attentive posters. The pretend e-wins got old to me years ago for these types of discussions.

smile

Honest question: why do you think they are so invested in the Arbery case being racially motivated?

It's not just that they think it was racially motivated, but they seem to turn hostile whenever any evidence suggests otherwise.

dadudemon
Honest question: why do you think they are so invested in the Arbery case being racially motivated?

Because they lost the argument with Zimmerman and Covington Catholic Kids.

Every time this exact scenario comes up, the media's forced narrative falls apart as the facts boil to the surface. It's likely infuriating for people like them who deeply emotionally invest in certain narratives that fit their world-views.

Emotionally knee-jerk reacting is hard to overcome after you've committed to a certain narrative. Being close-minded is very difficult to overcome especially if it is a cemented behavior.

Be honest: I did it in the same thread. I didn't check the facts. I fell for it. I was duped, as well. I am no better than them when it came to emotionally knee-jerk reacting.

Did you not do the same?

It's not just that they think it was racially motivated, but they seem to turn hostile whenever any evidence suggests otherwise.

I think you should also be honest, here: Whirly is not upset. He's amusing himself. smile

Surtur
Because they lost the argument with Zimmerman and Covington Catholic Kids.

Every time this exact scenario comes up, the media's forced narrative falls apart as the facts boil to the surface. It's likely infuriating for people like them who deeply emotionally invest in certain narratives that fit their world-views.

Emotionally knee-jerk reacting is hard to overcome after you've committed to a certain narrative. Being close-minded is very difficult to overcome especially if it is a cemented behavior.

Be honest: I did it in the same thread. I didn't check the facts. I fell for it. I was duped, as well. I am no better than them when it came to emotionally knee-jerk reacting.

Did you not do the same?

Oh yeah when I first heard I did believe the racist narrative. But then I had to stop myself and go "wait, what is the actual evidence of racism here" and it turns out there wasn't any.

I know you believe that and it could be true I don't know. Bash, on the other hand, is legitimately upset at this turn of events.

Robtard

#gottem

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
#gottem Bigo! thumb up

Surtur
Do explain how you "gottem"?

I love this part smile

BrolyBlack
Clearly not a hugbox thread dur dur

Old Man Whirly!
Steroid found to help prevent deaths of sickest coronavirus patients

Bashar Teg
Steroid found to help prevent deaths of sickest coronavirus patients

i read about this. while the success rate appears low, it's pretty impressive when compared to the mortality rate of people who end up on respirators, which was almost a guaranteed dirt nap

Robtard
1 in 8 chance isn't that bad considering these people are at death's door as it is. Hopefully that number can be improved. We're potentially looking at 200K deaths in the US alone by October/November if we surge again, hopefully that's wrong.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Clearly not a hugbox thread dur dur

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Robtard
1 in 8 chance isn't that bad

^^then one has to pause and realize how depressing it is that this is great news

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i read about this. while the success rate appears low, it's pretty impressive when compared to the mortality rate of people who end up on respirators, which was almost a guaranteed dirt nap

But it has been found to have no affect on people who are infected, but not on respirators.

Bashar Teg
right, it's only helpful if you're otherwise f*cked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.