Med Student Tries to Stop Kidnapping: Gets Shot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Dude, this is brutal. The hero doesn't die. But the criminal tries to execute him multiple times.

YouTube took the video down. Someone captured the video and re-uploaded it to streamable (probably a racist 4channer because of the re-uploaded title):

It's scary as hell. Providence that his gun jammed so many freaking times when he was trying to execute this hero?

https://streamable.com/dplq0d

Harrison, the criminal in this video, is seen dragging a lady to his car. A Tulane medical student, Peter Gold, confronts the kidnapper. He gets shot in the stomach for his good deed.

This is what happens when you confront a criminal who has a gun. Being a hero is not always the smartest thing to do. You should be armed and a police officer if you think this confrontation is a good idea.

Cain got a rude awakening about what being a hero is like in real life. Good on him and I feel sorry for him.

Also, is that a Tec 9 the shooter has?

Surtur
Setting aside the obvious racist motives of the shooter...I need more info: what happened next? Was the kidnapped child found? Was the kidnapper caught?

dadudemon
Oh, it was a grown woman. A white woman. Looks like the woman got free. Cain was found at his girlfriend's place and arrested. His GF was also arrested for being an accessory (lol, that sounds sexist).

Surtur
Glad she got free and the guy got caught. Expect that to be the excused used for why this won't get much coverage.

dadudemon
I promise, I am not finding all the crime cases where a white person victimizes a white person. This case is unrelated to the McMichaels-Arbery Case.

It's just a scary case where being a hero can get you easily and quickly killed. Cain is a dangerous criminal. A sociopath or a psychopath, for sure. That uncaring attempt at execution is indicative of that. He gets madder at the gun jamming than being confronted.

cdtm
Someone must have been smiling down on him, because by rights he should be dead.

Every once in awhile I ask what I'd do in his position. Honestly, I probably wouldn't confront him, if I had a choice.

And if it ended up like that, staring him down from that distance, what could you do. Rush him? Like a brave kid tried in the middle of a school shooting, and ended up one of the few casualties?

I have heard of a rush succeeding, in a fast food parking lot. But there's just so much luck involved, and it depends on the skill of the shooter. This low life looks like he knew what he was doing. Kept him at a safe distance, so he couldn't run or fight.

This is why I support gun rights, btw. Everyones so scared of gun fights on every street corner that they want them banned. They don't care about the gang banger who ignores the laws, because most people don't really think they'll meet a real gangster. They're in the bad neighborhoods, away from them.

No, their concern is everyone else. Keep guns as far away from them as they can, and those that live in bad areas can just move out or die. It's not their problem.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
Someone must have been smiling down on him, because by rights he should be dead.

Every once in awhile I ask what I'd do in his position. Honestly, I probably wouldn't confront him, if I had a choice.

And if it ended up like that, staring him down from that distance, what could you do. Rush him? Like a brave kid tried in the middle of a school shooting, and ended up one of the few casualties?

I have heard of a rush succeeding, in a fast food parking lot. But there's just so much luck involved, and it depends on the skill of the shooter. This low life looks like he knew what he was doing. Kept him at a safe distance, so he couldn't run or fight.

Unless you have a gun and you are prepared to take the criminal's life very quickly, confronting someone kidnapping another person is a terrible idea. You also don't know the situation. It could be his wife/GF/etc. and she's having a medical problem, drunk, etc. So many variables could result in a terrible situation.

Unless the woman was screaming? Damn, she could be lying about it to get him in trouble and she's actually his wife or something and he's dragging her drunk/high ass away from a bar. I don't know.

Too many variables. Just not good scenario to confront unless you see the bad guy holding a gun to her head (then just get a good site and kill him).

This is why I support gun rights, btw. Everyones so scared of gun fights on every street corner that they want them banned. They don't care about the gang banger who ignores the laws, because most people don't really think they'll meet a real gangster. They're in the bad neighborhoods, away from them.

No, their concern is everyone else. Keep guns as far away from them as they can, and those that live in bad areas can just move out or die. It's not their problem.

Many of the people on the left are oblivious to how reality works. That voter ID law video really nails how disconnected they are form reality:

rrBxZGWCdgs

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!
I'm part of no egang. The comparison by stealth trying to be made with another incident in another thread is disingenuous at best. Hope the perp has the full weight of the law thrown at him.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Many of the people on the left are oblivious to how reality works. That voter ID law video really nails how disconnected they are form reality:

rrBxZGWCdgs

Lol I remember this video. Oh and speaking of voter ID laws...

Democrats' coronavirus bill would undermine states' voter ID requirement

BrolyBlack
Odd Adam is trying to dodge this one.

What a loser

Artol
Scary story and video, obviously getting shot in the stomach isn't great and will come with a lot of suffering and potentially long term effects, but it seems he was incredibly lucky not to die. In situations like this, that are clearly immensely violent, and in a country where gun ownership is very high, it's not a good idea to confront someone like that. There are other options available, first of course calling the police and following their instruction, but also noting down the license plate or perhaps. It's easy to say this from the comfort of a chair in front of a computer though, of course.

I don't think that is a fair summary of the arguments the pro-gun regulation side has. For one there doesn't really seem to be that much support for a banning of guns outright. What people want is to make it somewhat harder to get a gun, but by no means impossible, and to regulate what guns are available on the legal market. There's a couple of ideas behind that, and I grant that there can be debate on both sides.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
Scary story and video, obviously getting shot in the stomach isn't great and will come with a lot of suffering and potentially long term effects, but it seems he was incredibly lucky not to die. In situations like this, that are clearly immensely violent, and in a country where gun ownership is very high, it's not a good idea to confront someone like that. There are other options available, first of course calling the police and following their instruction, but also noting down the license plate or perhaps. It's easy to say this from the comfort of a chair in front of a computer though, of course.

I don't think that is a fair summary of the arguments the pro-gun regulation side has. For one there doesn't really seem to be that much support for a banning of guns outright. What people want is to make it somewhat harder to get a gun, but by no means impossible, and to regulate what guns are available on the legal market. There's a couple of ideas behind that, and I grant that there can be debate on both sides. Good post thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'm part of no egang.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3a453fd6795dff0828e79413713a9ab2/tenor.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://media1.tenor.com/images/3a453fd6795dff0828e79413713a9ab2/tenor.gif O.K. I belong to the pro DC comic book faction loosely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.