Regarding Nexuses ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Aside from Mortis, what confirmed Force nexuses exist in new canon?

And how do they work? Does the Jedi or Sith simply become more powerful the instant they step foot on a nexus, or??

Galan007
To my knowledge, Mortis is the only confirmed nexus in canon. A few other locations have been implied to be possible nexuses: the Wellspring of Life, Dagobah, Malachor, Exegol, and Ahch-To... But those were never been confirmed to amp the characters, afaik.

There are also Force "locus" points that, when accessed/harnessed, can massively strengthen a character's connection to the Force. The only ones I recall off-hand are the dark side locus beneath Vader's castle on Mustafar, and the Sith Temple/locus beneath the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

No, I wouldn't say that characters are 'insta-amped' the moment they step foot on a nexus. Even on Mortis...Which was a universal Force nexus...Anakin still had to be reminded that he could tap into the planet's power(in a very circumstantial situation, with his friends' lives on the line), before he was amped. I don't think it was implied to be amping any of them passively, otherwise Anakin would have been wielding Father-level power the entire time he was on Mortis(which was obviously not the case.)

Scizard
This. But isn't Dathomir supposed to boost Nightsister magic or something like that.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
To my knowledge, Mortis is the only confirmed nexus in canon. A few other locations have been implied to be possible nexuses: the Wellspring of Life, Dagobah, Malachor, Exegol, and Ahch-To... But those were never been confirmed to amp the characters, afaik.

There are also Force "locus" points that, when accessed/harnessed, can massively strengthen a character's connection to the Force. The only ones I recall off-hand are the dark side locus beneath Vader's castle on Mustafar, and the Sith Temple/locus beneath the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

No, I wouldn't say that characters are 'insta-amped' the moment they step foot on a nexus. Even on Mortis...Which was a universal Force nexus...Anakin still had to be reminded that he could tap into the planet's power(in a very circumstantial situation, with his friends' lives on the line), before he was amped. I don't think it was implied to be amping any of them passively, otherwise Anakin would have been wielding Father-level power the entire time he was on Mortis(which was obviously not the case.)
Musafar, Malachor(and dathomir), and the jedi temple planet have been conifrmed as a nexuses beyond the inqusitors flying quote. Furthermore we have multiple quotes that state nexuses can empower force users o do things they otherwise couldn't do, and the second malachor quote states that being there made jedi experience darkside emotions like feat, ect.

Darthadi
The WBW is also a nexus acording to Starwars.com

Galan007
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Musafar, Malachor(and dathomir), and the jedi temple planet have been conifrmed as a nexuses beyond the inqusitors flying quote. Furthermore we have multiple quotes that state nexuses can empower force users o do things they otherwise couldn't do, and the second malachor quote states that being there made jedi experience darkside emotions like feat, ect. Oh not denying that nexuses can amp the characters. Just saying that it seems to take a conscious effort of continuous will to see the "benefits" of a nexus. They don't seem to just amp passively.

Rockydonovang
Oh not denying that nexuses can amp the characters. Just saying that it seems to take a conscious effort of continuous will to see the "benefits" of a nexus. They don't seem to just amp passively.
Well, there is a source that has jedi passively feeling fear/despair on malachor, though i guess that doesn't neccesarily prove the opposite. (i also think yoda was shown feeling a similar thing on korriban)

I also don't think the in inqusitors flying required a continuous exertion of will...

Galan007
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well, there is a source that has jedi passively feeling fear/despair on malachor, though i guess that doesn't neccesarily prove the opposite. (i also think yoda was shown feeling a similar thing on korriban)

I also don't think the in inqusitors flying required a continuous exertion of will... I think that's more of an homage to the classic "I feel cold" line that pops up pretty much every time someone encounters a place that is strong with the dark side, no?

Unfamiliar with the Inquisitors flying quote. Is the implication that they were only able to fly with their sabers due to tapping into the dark side on Malachor? If so, that seems really stupid. confused

Either way, I was just pointing out that even the Chosen One on Mortis(likely *the* most powerful nexus in the universe) still had to consciously tap-into the planet's power to receive a confirmed amp. Even it did not seem to be amping Anakin(or Kenobi/Ahsoka) passively. /shrug

Darth Thor
The Inquisitors flying being due to a dark side nexus wasnt officially stated or confirmed in anywhere.

Henry Gilroy never mentioned a nexus and specifically stated that it would need to be confirmed off of Filoni about the copter thing only being possible on Malachor.

And Given everyone was taking the mick out of the spinning Sabers thing he probably just came out with that defensively.

Galan007
thumb up

A few guidebooks mention that the Inquisitors could use their sabers to fly, but it is never implied that it was only possible because they were on a dark side nexus.

I mean, how would that even work? Does the nexus amp their sabers so that they spin faster, or..? confused

Darth Thor

I mean, how would that even work? Does the nexus amp their sabers so that they spin faster, or..? confused

Oh yeah, I forgot they spin themselves mechanically laughing out loud

juggernaut74
That seems like a pretty handy option to have on a lightsaber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.