Did Anakins Powers Really Double?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
In Ep. III Anakin tells Dooku that his powers have doubled since they last met which to my knowledge would have been their battle on Oba Diah.

That seems like such a short time for his powers to grow so much in such a short time.

Has his Ep. III comments been retconned?

Zenwolf
It makes more sense pre-TCW show, cause they didn't fight every other week. They barely encountered one another, if at all from what I recall, apart from the AoTC VG but they didn't have a fight their either.

Regardless, it probably was...or just his powers did grow that fast. /Shrug

xPRIMEx
Yeah it was originally meant to refer to their duel in aotc

Lord Stark
No lol he was just boasting

Darth Thor
They last met on Dookus ship in Dark Disciple (not on Oba Diah) when they were already equals.

So yeah that line does seem a bit odd now, as does Obi-Wans line of attacking him Together this time.

That said Anakin was definitely growing more powerful every season.

juggernaut74
The only logical assumption is they doubled in that short time without anything being retconned.

Scizard
Would definitely say it's basically retconned now.

Galan007
When RotS first came out, Anakin and Dooku weren't intended to have fought since AotC(this is pre-TCW, remember)... In which case Anakin's power likely had doubled.

But that line doesn't really hold up anymore, given that Anakin and Dooku had stalemated as recently as Dark Disciple, which is set sometime between the S05 finale and S07/RotS(all of which occurred in 19BBY.)

So anymore I just chalk it up to Anakin emptily boasting for whatever reason. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.