Silver Surfer vs Superman - power meshing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ambient

carver9
What does Superman add to Surfer that Surfer doesn't already have? Honest question.

-Pr-
A chin that isn't made of glass.

And, you know, everything ****ing else.

lawest9
Originally posted by -Pr-

And, you know, everything ****ing else. A weapon for the ladies. 😄😄😄

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
What does Superman add to Surfer that Surfer doesn't already have? Honest question. Astronomically more strength, faster combat speed (from nanosecond reactions to attosecond reactions), greater durability against blunt force, ability to increase power exponentially by sundipping.

Smurph

lawest9
Originally posted by h1a8
Astronomically more strength, faster combat speed (from nanosecond reactions to attosecond reactions), greater durability against blunt force, ability to increase power exponentially by sundipping. 👍🏾

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Astronomically more strength, faster combat speed (from nanosecond reactions to attosecond reactions), greater durability against blunt force, ability to increase power exponentially by sundipping.

All of this is wrong.

carver9

And, you know, everything ****ing else.

I honestly doubt that. When was the last time Surfer been knocked out? Comparing showings, Supes has faced the dirt a lot more but he does have more showings which is why i asked when was the last time Surfer been dropped.

celeyhyga17
I honestly doubt that. When was the last time Surfer been knocked out? Comparing showings, Supes has faced the dirt a lot more but he does have more showings which is why i asked when was the last time Surfer been dropped.
He got cheapshotted by some tech from Tony.
stick out tongue

DarkSaint85

Pr, you've forgotten that Carver only takes showings from the last five months or so.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
stick out tongue

Remember that. Any straight up knock outs? Surfers been completely invulnerable for some years now unless context is involved.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
So all this comes down to is personality?

Superman wins, every time.
thumb up

abhilegend
Remember that. Any straight up knock outs? Surfers been completely invulnerable for some years now unless context is involved.
laughing out loud

-Pr-

That's not what context means.

celeyhyga17
Hey u asked for a ko.. big grin

Im sure there r some. This is comics bro.

TheHulkster
Has Surfer been KOed by blunt force in the 21st century?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Not exactly a ko, but Knull did beat him initially. Surfer got overpowered by his abyss powers and got turned into a puppet. Iirc Ego saved him at that point.

DarkSaint85

Wow, super specific!

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wow, super specific! He was ko'ed by Blsck Panther after BP drained him of his PC, he arm barred him before thst, LOL.

carver9
Hey u asked for a ko.. big grin

Im sure there r some. This is comics bro.

Show me. Just trying to verify this glass jaw myth that is going around the forum when the top Heralds within Surfer tier have been knocked out far more.

carver9
Originally posted by lawest9
He was ko'ed by Blsck Panther after BP drained him of his PC, he arm barred him before thst, LOL.

So no knock outs?

TheHulkster
He was ko'ed by Blsck Panther after BP drained him of his PC, he arm barred him before thst, LOL.

That would an example of the context Carver references. Black Panther's factor exceed's Batman's.

TheHulkster
This doesn't even KO Surfer.

https://imgur.com/a/FjPrHX4
https://imgur.com/a/HDc88zG

carver9
I just dont think Surfer have that glass chin people always talk about. There are other high end Heralds that have been dropped far more than Surfer.

-Pr-
I just dont think Surfer have that glass chin people always talk about. There are other high end Heralds that have been dropped far more than Surfer.

Except, we're not comparing him to other heralds outside of Superman. Who, compared to Surfer, is far harder to knock out.

DarkSaint85
Brace yourself, carver is just itching to post Superman being KOd.

Which is a weird arguement because:

A: he's limiting it to "recent" comics
B: Superman's showings far FAR outweigh the number of Surfer showings. I understand he handwaved it away, but it really doesn't compare.

-Pr-
Carver didn't make the thread, nor is he a mod, so he doesn't get to decide what is or isn't valid.

Ambient
I am actually just looking for which of the two would benefit more from those additional powers. Like Smurf said Norrin or Clark?

DarkSaint85
Superman, IMO, just because he already does so much with a more limited powerset.

TheHulkster
Brace yourself, carver is just itching to post Superman being KOd.

Which is a weird arguement because:

A: he's limiting it to "recent" comics
B: Superman's showings far FAR outweigh the number of Surfer showings. I understand he handwaved it away, but it really doesn't compare.

So twenty years ago is recent? Anyway, absent the brick and hammer incidents from the 60s and battles with Thanos, where has Surfer been knocked out by blunt force? Not saying that he hasn't, but I'm curious.

In the 90s during Dematteis run, Surfer takes repeated blows from the Bannerless Hulk who is channeling Heroes Reborn energy while casually continuing his conversation and not fighting back.

Ambient

lawest9
So twenty years ago is recent? Anyway, absent the brick and hammer incidents from the 60s and battles with Thanos, where has Surfer been knocked out by blunt force? Not saying that he hasn't, but I'm curious.

In the 90s during Dematteis run, Surfer takes repeated blows from the Bannerless Hulk who is channeling Heroes Reborn energy while casually continuing his conversation and not fighting back. Surfer was KO'ed by the Thing in his first appearance in FF#48 back in 1966, granted it can be argued that the fall from the roof might have done it after Ben hit him, but still.........he was out cold.

TheHulkster
Surfer was KO'ed by the Thing in his first appearance in FF#48 back in 1966, granted it can be argued that the fall from the roof might have done it after Ben hit him, but still.........he was out cold.

Ok. Any more? (Just noting that Ben suckers him from behind).

DarkSaint85

lawest9
Ok. Any more? (Just noting that Ben suckers him from behind). I don't remember that being an sucker punch, tried to look it up but couldn't find it.

TheHulkster
I don't remember that being an sucker punch, tried to look it up but couldn't find it.

https://imgur.com/a/tVO71LG
https://imgur.com/a/3Q40Aai

And I will add Blood and Thunder Thor.

lawest9
https://imgur.com/a/tVO71LG
https://imgur.com/a/3Q40Aai

And I will add Blood and Thunder Thor. Thank you, but that still didn't look good, Superman is more durable.

carver9
Surfer was KO'ed by the Thing in his first appearance in FF#48 back in 1966, granted it can be argued that the fall from the roof might have done it after Ben hit him, but still.........he was out cold.

Lol... Surfer have become far more powerful since then. FAR more powerful. Im guessing no one have anything.

DarkSaint85
Lol... Surfer have become far more powerful since then. FAR more powerful. Im guessing no one have anything.

Pay him no attention.

-Pr-
I like how we're supposed to believe Surfer has had this massive amp, but we're not supposed to take in to account the sheer lunacy that's some with Superman since Rebirth?

lawest9
I like how we're supposed to believe Surfer has had this massive amp, but we're not supposed to take in to account the sheer lunacy that's some with Superman since Rebirth? It's called 'cherry picking'.

Sin I AM
I think i remember Adam Warlock knocking him out but that might've been an energy blast...iirc didnt Cable tko him as well?

For the thread other than a standard flying brick powerset sans pc sipes powers really dont add much for surfer. Sure he can amp but Surfer can already amp. Maybe he'd benefit from Clark's dynamic strength. I think Clark would benefit more

Diesldude
SS will benefit more, he'll finally get a penis and stop being Dione's *****.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I think i remember Adam Warlock knocking him out but that might've been an energy blast...iirc didnt Cable tko him as well?

For the thread other than a standard flying brick powerset sans pc sipes powers really dont add much for surfer. Sure he can amp but Surfer can already amp. Maybe he'd benefit from Clark's dynamic strength. I think Clark would benefit more

Warlock does it with an energy blast from behind (Starlin has never given Surfer respect and loves Warlock). Surfer overwhelmes god Cable and is never TKOed.

I agree that Superman benifits more.

celeyhyga17
Ok. Any more? (Just noting that Ben suckers him from behind).
Thanos 8 pieced him of course.
But other than that and the ones mentioned, im drawing blanks.

I know he was one-shot by Adam Warlock, but it was more a sneak attack from behind and it was a blast.

From a 98 annual both he and thor were smothered by some goo like creatures and both passed out. Thats the closest thing i can think of in regards to getting ko'd physically.

I remember Lord Mar-vell really overpowering him woth one hit, but i cant recall if it was a blast or punch.. Plus he was still concious.

DarkSaint85
Thanos 8 pieced him of course.
But other than that and the ones mentioned, im drawing blanks.

I know he was one-shot by Adam Warlock, but it was more a sneak attack from behind and it was a blast.

From a 98 annual both he and thor were smothered by some goo like creatures and both passed out. Thats the closest thing i can think of in regards to getting ko'd physically.

I remember Lord Mar-vell really overpowering him woth one hit, but i cant recall if it was a blast or punch.. Plus he was still concious.

..... evil face

https://i.postimg.cc/gjstSWkz/RCO030.jpg

celeyhyga17
That was mentioned already.

DarkSaint85
Hah I missed it as I glossed over his posts.

There's also Lunatik:
https://i.postimg.cc/Hxxrc0c6/RCO012-1467440772.jpg

Insane Titan

StiltmanFTW

There's also Lunatik:

Norrin being dependent on his board and having it being used against him is exactly how the character was always written to be.

celeyhyga17
True. He got 8 pieced to death. Yeesh....

TheHulkster
I'm sure that someone will try and include Planet Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
I'm sure that someone will try and include Planet Hulk.

Planet Hulk is pretty legit --- as Surfer secretly relished in his gladiator life, was armed and Hulk tried to reason with him before he got serious.

So yeah, he got smashed and smashed good --- and totally deserved it in that arc, too.

Insane Titan
Just checked , Lord marvell blasted him not punched him.

DarkSaint85
BRB also took him out with 2 hits.

DarkSaint85
stick out tongue

To be fair, Tony has straight out KOd him too evil face

https://i.postimg.cc/CMWkntFX/RCO017-1468315151.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Classic Tony was helluva strong.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Classic Tony was helluva strong.

Stalemated Thor too in his older armor laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Stalemated Thor too in his older armor laughing out loud

Had plenty of nice fights against Thor.

Even directly matched his strength in the arm-wrestling competition.

TheHulkster

There's also Lunatik:

Surfer draws from the stars and increases his power for their next confrontation. So this doesn't necessarily represent Surfer at full power.

DarkSaint85
Was unaware we needed to add stips?

StiltmanFTW
Guess who else draws his power from the stars... shifty

TheHulkster
So how many times has Super man been KOed by blunt trauma since the mid 80s?

TheHulkster
Guess who else draws his power from the stars... shifty

From a certain type and requires traveling to one to fully utilize.

Diesldude

TheHulkster

Sin I AM
You answered a question with a question. Plus:

i loled...now while their both down...finish them off.

Diesldude

Diesldude
It was legit, Superman has a million times more appearances and the plot is going to call for him to take a hit sometimes.

lawest9
Originally posted by Diesldude
It was legit, Superman has a million times more appearances and the plot is going to call for him to take a hit sometimes. A lot of Supes low showings hsve basically been PIS.

AlbertoJohnAvil
2020 and people are still arguing Supes being in the same realm as THE Surfer. STOP the delusions, NO amount of denial changes the fact Supes will need to sun dip to compete with Surfer, period.

TheHulkster
Planet Hulk is pretty legit --- as Surfer secretly relished in his gladiator life, was armed and Hulk tried to reason with him before he got serious.

So yeah, he got smashed and smashed good --- and totally deserved it in that arc, too.

He goes completely passive once the controller is removed and is thanking Hulk before Hulk goes straight Hulk on him.

cdtm
"How did you beat Flash?"

"I crossed the finish line first."

"Yeah, but how did you beat him?"

"That's the thing. There is no other thing."

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Diesldude
It was legit, Superman has a million times more appearances and the plot is going to call for him to take a hit sometimes.

You don't apply this to feats. Superman has had a million times more opportunities to perform feats, yet you make total to total comparisons.

Also, in the comic book world, Surfer has existed longer than Superman, and since we can't assume any unmentioned, off panel events, then that would mean that Surfer has suffered no more or even fewer defeats/knockouts than Superman during a longer life.

carver9

Sin I AM
You don't apply this to feats. Superman has had a million times more opportunities to perform feats, yet you make total to total comparisons.

Also, in the comic book world, Surfer has existed longer than Superman, and since we can't assume any unmentioned, off panel events, then that would mean that Surfer has suffered no more or even fewer defeats/knockouts than Superman during a longer life.

Lol why are you trying so hard?

Diesldude

Or more a lot more.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol why are you trying so hard?

No gf is why

Diesldude
laughing out loud

TheHulkster
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
No gf is why

Don't project.

https://imgur.com/a/1oLff14

BrolyBlack

JBL
You also posted a picture of someone else's truck and boat and LIED about it being yours.

Adam Grimes
No, he didn't

JBL
Yes he did.

HulkIsHulk
That armbar tbing has been explained in the very same comic as Surfer letting him.do.it so.he can talk.People keep telling that drom.one panel.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Originally posted by abhilegend
Forget a moon, Surfer was KTFO trying to destroy a spaceship.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-33.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-34.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-35.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_GalactusTheDevourer1-36.jpg

The spaceship wasn't even destroyed.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
2020 and people are still arguing Supes being in the same realm as THE Surfer. STOP the delusions, NO amount of denial changes the fact Supes will need to sun dip to compete with Surfer, period.
Guess the writers didn't get the memo, back in 90s.

https://i.imgur.com/cQbWxBZ.jpg

carver9

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud I mean that's COOL, we know what the writer said when a fan asked what would happen if Doomsday fought Immortal Hulk/Devil Hulk, ONE of the weaker incarnations xD

abhilegend

abhilegend
And how's suddenly hulk in the thread?

AlbertoJohnAvil
I would ask you to bz this but THEN again you're a living meme on this forum so it'd be no point laughing out loud

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Gotta agree with that. Abhi has read almost every comic published, only to lie and misrepresent them on the basis of bias

Cya

cdtm

Ah, RC. I remember him posting on Alvaro's comicboards. Kept implying he wanted to be a comic book writer.

He was, by FAR, a bigger Superman superfan then anyone I've ever seen. Argued seriously he'd beat the crap out of Galactus.

DarkSaint85
I would ask you to bz this but THEN again you're a living meme on this forum so it'd be no point laughing out loud

Cya

dur

TheHulkster

Explain the rules DarkSaint!

Adam Grimes
Clever retort, friend.

DarkSaint85
Explain the rules DarkSaint!

Do you STILL need them explaining????

TheHulkster
Do you STILL need them explaining????

Did I post the interview?

DarkSaint85
Did I post the interview?

Is it being used as proof in a vs debate? I see the topic is who would benefit more from power meshing - has that mean and dastardly abhi been using a writer interview to refute feats to support his stance on a vs match?

TheHulkster
laughing out loud

Links don't work.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud Saint UM YES. YES it is because he used it to address the point I MADE about Surfer BEATING Supes in a versus battle

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud Saint UM YES. YES it is because he used it to address the point I MADE about Surfer BEATING Supes in a versus battle

Oh.

So off-topic then. Carry on.

AlbertoJohnAvil

He LITERALLY was replying to this with the writers statement laughing out loud

I was off for days and you're still the same. Sad but hilarious. Never change saint, never change xD

DarkSaint85
He LITERALLY was replying to this with the writers statement laughing out loud

I was off for days and you're still the same. Sad but hilarious. Never change saint, never change xD

dur

TheHulkster
Is it being used as proof in a vs debate? I see the topic is who would benefit more from power meshing - has that mean and dastardly abhi been using a writer interview to refute feats to support his stance on a vs match?

It is a vs thread. Read the title.

DarkSaint85
It is a vs thread. Read the title.

Read the OP. It's about power meshing thread big grin

abhilegend

Cya
laughing out loud
As Alberto is fine with it, posting without comments.

https://i.imgur.com/M4IHi5g.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ktmLUh3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/J8uO8xU.jpg

abhilegend
Links don't work.
Its from Galactus the devourer 1. You can read it online.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud your messages shows you backing out of a bz where i can't use dc or marvel characters thats not on kmc tier list.

LITERALLY. LMAO

carver9
You clowns should make up your mind, what's your point? Writers don't know anything, we don't know anything, only you two idiots are experts on Superman and Silver Surfer?

Add Dark to this as well. Ask his opinion about posting writers comments.

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud laughing out loud your messages shows you backing out of a bz where i can't use dc or marvel characters thats not on kmc tier list.

LITERALLY. LMAO

dur

AlbertoJohnAvil

laughing out loud Honestly THE only thing Supes have an advantage over Surfer is brute strength, Surfer takes the rest. speed, versatility, durability, etc

Superman if anything would GREATLY benefit more from Surfer

DarkSaint85

You're adding me to the list of experts on Superman and Surfer? Thanks!!!

-Pr-
Reading the last few pages made my head hurt. Quit the stupidity, and stay on topic.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud
Gud one.

Im sure there r more.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL
You also posted a picture of someone else's truck and boat and LIED about it being yours.

You have never posted shit here, not even a single scan, because you cant.

TheHulkster
Its from Galactus the devourer 1. You can read it online.

You were responding to my question of whether Surfer has been KOed by blunt force trauma in the 21st century. That issue was released in 1999. Plus, while he is clearly hurt, it not clear that he is unconscious being that he responds to the last question asked.

celeyhyga17
I think he was out even if it was only a few moments. He was in a brief free fall so i would lean towards a ko.
But i do agree about recent surfer. Im still having difficulty of bringing up more recent examples.

abhilegend

LITERALLY. LMAO
laughing out loud

You were responding to my question of whether Surfer has been KOed by blunt force trauma in the 21st century. That issue was released in 1999. Plus, while he is clearly hurt, it not clear that he is unconscious being that he responds to the last question asked.

Alicia feared he might be dead and had to retrieve him. That's a flat out ko.

TheHulkster
laughing out loud

Alicia feared he might be dead and had to retrieve him. That's a flat out ko.

She never specifically states that she fears that he is dead. That he is unconscious or not is not a certainty being that while in that condition, he responds to a question asked. Hurt? Incapacitated? Sure. Unconscious? Possibly but not a certainty. Either way, still not 21st century.

TheHulkster
I think he was out even if it was only a few moments. He was in a brief free fall so i would lean towards a ko.
But i do agree about recent surfer. Im still having difficulty of bringing up more recent examples.

That's reasonable. But yes, in the last 20 years there is really not much of anything.

abhilegend
She never specifically states that she fears that he is dead. That he is unconscious or not is not a certainty being that while in that condition, he responds to a question asked. Hurt? Incapacitated? Sure. Unconscious? Possibly but not a certainty. Either way, still not 21st century.
That's alot of lies you're posting dear boy.

https://i.postimg.cc/YvnFrtwM/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/zLyg34JW/image.jpg

He was definitely koed. And this is in July 1999, mind telling what changed in 6 months?

carver9
So Surfer durability is grade A like I thought. Surfer has proven to be complete invulnerable.

TheHulkster
That's alot of lies you're posting dear boy.

https://i.postimg.cc/YvnFrtwM/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/zLyg34JW/image.jpg

He was definitely koed. And this is in July 1999, mind telling what changed in 6 months?

Why did you leave out the next page kid?

https://imgur.com/a/xZKBQX8

July 1999 is not the 21st century. Period. And technically, you should be asking what changed in 18 months.

cdtm
So Surfer durability is grade A like I thought. Surfer has proven to be complete invulnerable.

Sure he is:

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3c7ce138df5424c4d4b3a6541030bf57

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-57345fbe822792043ad6bf9ded11ea35-c

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-b7e8f9faab8b55e31f8c81305a5bb41c

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-df9d6dae0155212b0ab56b6be56d554b

cdtm
This thread is spite. Superman should be matched up with Thanos.

He doesn't need no stinking Infinity Gauntlet to beat up cosmic beings. thumb up

TheHulkster
Originally posted by cdtm
Sure he is:

Yes, but following up on your last scan, this is well above Superman:

https://imgur.com/a/m15gCgb

Adam Grimes
Featless Hulk. Wow, such impressive.

Insane Titan

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Featless Hulk. Wow, such impressive.

Every 616 feat up until the beginning of that arc is his.

TheHulkster

DarkSaint85
When did it diverge from 616?

Adam Grimes
Every 616 feat up until the beginning of that arc is his. That universe was reminiscent of 616... But it clearly wasn't.

TheHulkster
When did it diverge from 616?

It would have to have diverged no earlier than the point that Castle travels back to, which is the first issue of Cate's run.

StiltmanFTW
That universe was reminiscent of 616... But it clearly wasn't.

We have "no non-canon sources" rule for a reason.

Editors pretty much let writers do whatever they want when alternate universes are concerned --- that's what they are for.

DarkSaint85
Cool. So was just wondering when that's all. If nobody knows, that's cool

TheHulkster
That universe was reminiscent of 616... But it clearly wasn't.

It's not a parallel universe. It's a future timeline which means that 616 Hulk is this Hulk's history.

StiltmanFTW
It's a future timeline

Exactly.

A future.

There are countless possible futures and they all count as alternate realities.

All but universe 2099, that is... but that will get retconned, too.

Adam Grimes
It's not a parallel universe. It's a future timeline which means that 616 Hulk is this Hulk's history. Well, considering Sentry was still yellow and with the Avengers, Thor apparently going all-father and then back to his Silver Age costume lol, and the same Hulk changing to a different persona you'd have to forgive me if I doubt that reasoning. Lol

It was an alternate universe through and through.

TheHulkster
Exactly.

A future.

There are countless possible futures and they all count as alternate realities.

All but universe 2099, that is... but that will get retconned, too.

I understand that but I was just playing along with cdtm who cited it initially.

DarkSaint85
*sigh*do I need to remind everyone of the rules again? Hulkster knows I love it so!

TheHulkster
*sigh*do I need to remind everyone of the rules again? Hulkster knows I love it so!

I thought about yelling for you but I decided to just go with it.

DarkSaint85
I actually quite like it when you call out my name

BrolyBlack
I need to speak with a few friends and family before making any posts on this topic

StiltmanFTW
I understand that but I was just playing along with cdtm who cited it initially.

Ah, I see.

TheHulkster
I actually quite like it when you call out my name

I can't stand when you beg though.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Sure he is:

Stop trolling. That isn't the real Surfer in your last scan.

carver9
I can't stand when you beg though.

He is a begger. He enjoys attention.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>