Vader vs. Kenobis [canon]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Rebels Vader takes on this team of Kenobis-

-TPM Kenobi
-AOTC Kenobi
-ROTS Kenobi
-Rebels Kenobi

Can he beat all of them, or are they too much?

Scizard
TPM/AOTC get ragdolled, and given how much ANH Kenobi struggled with Vader I doubt the Rebels/ROTS will have a very good time. You could argue that ROTS Kenobi gets ragdolled as well tbh.

Rebels Vader beats all of them.

Inedian
Originally posted by Scizard
TPM/AOTC get ragdolled, and given how much ANH Kenobi struggled with Vader I doubt the Rebels/ROTS will have a very good time. You could argue that ROTS Kenobi gets ragdolled as well tbh.

thumb up

Sheev
Forgot to add- the Kenobis are in full protection mode, like Kenobi was when he faced Maul in Rebels.

Does that make a difference? haw-som

YousufKhan1212
The Kenobis clap Vader's robotic ass.

Rockydonovang

ANH Vader might just be a lot more powerful than rebels vader. Given his superiority to Maul, at least rebels kenobi would have some degree of parity with ahsoka.

Galan007
Vader.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Galan007
Vader.

Do you think rebels vader was vastly above rebels kenobi?

I feel you could use maul to argue Kenobi should have been capable of approximating what ahsoka accomplished and then the fight being a 4 v 1 might make the difference.

Galan007
The Rebels S02 finale is set 4 years before ANH. I suppose Vader's power may have increased over that time, but by how much is nearly impossible to say. I only mention this because FACPOV makes it clear that Kenobi(who was still trying to protect Luke) had absolutely no chance of defeating Vader during their fight in ANH... So I imagine we would have gotten a very similar outcome if they had fought in Rebels.

Imo: if Vader fights smart, and actually uses the Force offensively, the numbers shouldn't really be an issue.

Scizard
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
ANH Vader might just be a lot more powerful than rebels vader. Given his superiority to Maul, at least rebels kenobi would have some degree of parity with ahsoka.

It's possible but considering the time gap, and how much more powerful Vader is described as I don't know how much difference it would make.

I think it would also be harder on Rebels Kenobi considering he should be getting weaker physically at this stage, not like Ahsoka who is still very physically fit.

ozz81
vader should be able to force choke them all ..

Rockydonovang
It's possible but considering the time gap, and how much more powerful Vader is described as I don't know how much difference it would make.

I think it would also be harder on Rebels Kenobi considering he should be getting weaker physically at this stage, not like Ahsoka who is still very physically fit.
If vader is truly someone who wields anakin's potential, 4 years is plaenty for a shitton of power growth.

I suppose you're right regarding Kenobi

Scizard
True although I think in general Vader's actual growth is perhaps not accurate to his potential due to well the original intention being that he lost a lot.

Rockydonovang
True although I think in general Vader's actual growth is perhaps not accurate to his potential due to well the original intention being that he lost a lot.
To be fair, vader>>>>>>kenobi also wasn't he original intention either.

Darth Thor
Wait... So we basically take the ANH fight, but add 3 more Kenobis?

Honestly Rebels plus ROTS should more than suffice.

Galan007
Why?

Darth Thor
Well it was taking Vader time to beat ANH Kenobi. Then we add in the Kenobi who beat Mustafa Anakin?

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well it was taking Vader time to beat ANH Kenobi. Vader was being a little more cautious when they fought in ANH -- testing Kenobi and whatnot. That being said, it was still stated that Kenobi had absolutely no chance of beating Vader there.

Then we add in the Kenobi who beat Mustafa Anakin? Kenobi did so well against Anakin during RotS for two main reasons: a.) intimate familiarity with Anakin's fighting style, and b.) Anakin's own overconfidence.

By the time of Rebels/ANH, Vader had created a new lightsaber style for himself(one designed to overcome the bulk of his armor), and he wasn't being hindered by the same arrogant douchebaggery that he exuded in RotS.

So the advantages that Kenobi had against Anakin in RotS wouldn't really be present against Rebels/ANH Vader.

Darth Thor
Vader was being a little more cautious when they fought in ANH -- testing Kenobi and whatnot. That being said, it was still stated that Kenobi had absolutely no chance of beating Vader there.

Yeah but that was on his own. And I doubt he would fight less cautiously against 2 of them.

Kenobi did so well against Anakin during RotS for two main reasons: a.) intimate familiarity with Anakin's fighting style, and b.) Anakin's own overconfidence.

By the time of Rebels/ANH, Vader had created a new lightsaber style for himself(one designed to overcome the bulk of his armor), and he wasn't being hindered by the same arrogant douchebaggery that he exuded in RotS.

So the advantages that Kenobi had against Anakin in RotS wouldn't really be present against Rebels/ANH Vader.

Was a new fighting style confirmed in canon? Because Filoni suggested Ahsoka would be able to do well against him because she's familiar with how he fights or some bull.

I guess if we peg Vader at Yoda level, and Ben Kenobi at Dooku level, then Vader would take them both (I still think 4 of them is piling on a bit too much though).

But I also think Vader is wise to fight cautiously against the guy who trained him, and mentored and sparred him for many years after having trained him.

Galan007
Yeah but that was on his own. And I doubt he would fight less cautiously against 2 of them. Right. I'm just saying that Kenobi had no hope of defeating Vader in ANH. I don't know that adding RotS Kenobi into the mix would change the outcome... Especially when Vader could most likely rape him with TK.

Was a new fighting style confirmed in canon? Yeah:
https://i.imgur.com/hCAH1Hc.jpg

I guess if we peg Vader at Yoda level, and Ben Kenobi at Dooku level, then Vader would take them both (I still think 4 of them is piling on a bit too much though). TPM and AotC Kenobi shouldn't be much of an issue, imo. Vader could likely crush them both with the Force. As mentioned above, I'd be surprised if he couldn't do the same to RotS Kenobi, tbh.

But I also think Vader is wise to fight cautiously against the guy who trained him, and mentored and sparred him for many years after having trained him. I think Vader went into their second fight not wanting to make the same mistake he had before(namely being overconfident.)

Darth Thor

TPM and AotC Kenobi shouldn't be much of an issue, imo. Vader could likely crush them both with the Force. As mentioned above, I'd be surprised if he couldn't do the same to RotS Kenobi, tbh.

Oh he certainly would in a 1 v 1. Just not sure how that would work when hes focused on Ben, and probably being overly cautious against both.

At some point numbers start to matter methinks. Hed have to defend against a 4 way Kenobi onslaught.

But perhaps he could do some kind of Force Wave to hit them from all sides.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.