Recent Maul TK Hyperdrive Feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
https://youtu.be/DaOPMPzPsSU

With regards to Mauls recent TK feat: ie bringing down the Hyperdrives : do you reckon that he only destroyed the support structure with his force to bring down the whole HD and let it free fall or did he use his force powers to bring down the whole thing including its weight pulling it down slowly with his force powers etc ?

Scizard
Well if he could bring it down instantly he would've done so. He definitely destroyed what was holding it up and then he used the force to make it fall faster.

Darthadi
Maul was pulling on the hyperdrives and the pipes got dislodged due to the movement. You can literally see the hyperdrives shaking. If Maul was just pulling the pipes there would be no reason for the Hyperdrives to shake like that before they fall. There are also mini explosions. No reason for those if Maul didn't affect the hyperdrive directly.
Also, the small pipes that popped out aren't what connects those things to the ship.In the video lnked by ozz81 you can clearly see the hypedrives are massive pillars that connect down, likely to the floor bellow, so Maul would have to destroy that portion of it for them to fall.The feat is very impressive.

YousufKhan1212
Yeah this feat is great and trivializing it is just a demonstration of Maul denialism.

Scizard
Yes he shakes the hyperdrive, destroying the pipes which are what is holding the hyperdrives.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Maul collapsed the fundamental support structures, and the remainder fell apart consequently.

YousufKhan1212
There's two perspectives of looking at how Maul deconstructed the hyperdrives that people have offered:

1). Maul shaked the hyperdrive, destroying the hyperdrives support structure i.e. the pipes in the process.
2). Maul destroyed the hyperdrives support structure i.e. the pipes, which causes the hyperdrive to fall apart.

Both perspectives actually make the feat really impressive, I think the first is more likely, because the hyperdrives are visibly shaking, but regardless of which perspective you use, that doesn't make Maul's feat any less impressive, because if all he did was collapse the support structures, then that means that the only reason why the hyperdrives themselves are still up there is because Maul allowed them by telekinetically holding everything in place. In fact, Maul does actually visibly hold them in place for 17 seconds, they fall when the clone troopers arrive to attack Maul, at the same time Maul opens his eyes and changes his stance, voluntarily letting them go out of his Force grip, releasing and guiding them to the bridge that the clone troopers are running on. The reason why he doesn't instantly bring it down is because he didn't want to do it until he's baited the clones.

Galan007
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
I think the first is more likely, because the hyperdrives are visibly shaking, but regardless of which perspective you use, that doesn't make Maul's feat any less impressive, because if all he did was collapse the support structures, then that means that the only reason why the hyperdrives themselves are still up there is because Maul allowed them by telekinetically holding everything in place. In fact, Maul does actually visibly hold them in place for 17 seconds, they fall when the clone troopers arrive to attack Maul, at the same time Maul opens his eyes and changes his stance, voluntarily letting them go out of his Force grip, releasing and guiding them to the bridge that the clone troopers are running on. The reason why he doesn't instantly bring it down is because he didn't want to do it until he's baited the clones. thumb up

Scizard
To me it just looks like he is shaking them, they fall, then he gives them an extra push. It's still obviously impressive though.

YousufKhan1212
They only fall when Maul voluntarily releases his telekinetic grip, which conveys that Maul was actually using telekinesis to hold them in place, which is extremely impressive, denying that is just being willfully ignorant.

Galan007
Not just that, but the hyperdrives were on each side of the walkway. When the Troopers arrive, Maul seems to use his TK to direct the hyperdrives onto the walkway itself.

Darth Thor
Yeah this feat is great and trivializing it is just a demonstration of Maul denialism.

Exactly.

ares834
They only fall when Maul voluntarily releases his telekinetic grip, which conveys that Maul was actually using telekinesis to hold them in place, which is extremely impressive, denying that is just being willfully ignorant.

No he wasn't. They fell when he thrust his arms downward pulling them down. Seriously, why would he bother holding them up? It would make no sense.

ozz81
Originally posted by ares834
No he wasn't. They fell when he thrust his arms downward pulling them down. Seriously, why would he bother holding them up? It would make no sense.

cool but still impressive as he is still using his TK force powers to bring it down etc..

ares834
Sure. Never said or suggested otherwise.

Rockydonovang
anyone who disagrees with me is hater,
Aight dude.

thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Aight dude.

thumb up

He said you are being willfully ignorant, which you have a history of doing with Maul.

Like one guy says he didnt pull down the hyperdrives, just the supports, and you jump all over that to lowball the feat.

YousufKhan1212

It actually does make sense because the reason why the reason why the fell when he thrusted his arms downward, pulling them down the moment the clones arrived, was because he was waiting for them to arrive so that he could kill them.

Scizard
He doesn't release his grip because he isn't holding them up. He's shaking it, which breaks whatever it is connected to, then he pushes it down to increase its speed.

If he could completely move the hyperdrive then his movement would be in-sync with the hyperdrives falling.

ares834
I don't get what all the confusion about this feat is. It's very simple and obvious what is going on. Maul grabs the hyperdrives and begins trying to rip them down. This causes the various supports to eventually break at which he further accelerates the drives downward causing them to crash into the clones and the walkway. He never targets the supports themselves nor does he hold the drives up.

Darth Thor
I don't get what all the confusion about this feat is. It's very simple and obvious what is going on. Maul grabs the hyperdrives and begins trying to rip them down. This causes the various supports to eventually break at which he further accelerates the drives downward causing them to crash into the clones and the walkway. He never targets the supports themselves nor does he hold the drives up.

Sometimes the simplest interpretation is the correct one.

juggernaut74
I still think this is Mauls best tk feat for sure.

Probably the best feat we've seen on the Clone Wars show?

YousufKhan1212
I just had a closer look at the scene, now I think ares and scizard are partially correct. The hyperdrives are already gradually falling apart before the clones even arrive (i.e. 23 seconds), Maul accelerates their fall when the clones arrive. But you guys are forgetting that the reason why they are falling apart in the first place was because Maul was constantly shaking them throughout the entire process, Maul was contributing to their gradual fall the entire time. Moreover, Maul accelarates the hyperdrives fall specifically when the clones arrive, indicating that he was baiting them out, knowing that they were going to come, and he chooses the time of their arrival to accelerate the fall of the hyperdrive, which suggests that the reason why it took 23 seconds for him to accelerate their fall was because he wanted to wait for the clones arrive.

Scizard
I just had a closer look at the scene, now I think ares and scizard are partially correct. The hyperdrives are already gradually falling apart before the clones even arrive (i.e. 23 seconds), Maul accelerates their fall when the clones arrive. But you guys are forgetting that the reason why they are falling apart in the first place was because Maul was constantly shaking them throughout the entire process, Maul was contributing to their gradual fall the entire time. Moreover, Maul accelarates the hyperdrives fall specifically when the clones arrive, indicating that he was baiting them out, knowing that they were going to come, and he chooses the time of their arrival to accelerate the fall of the hyperdrive, which suggests that the reason why it took 23 seconds for him to accelerate their fall was because he wanted to wait for the clones arrive.

Right. Except I think that the clones coming in was just perfect timing, rather than him knowing choosing the time for them to fall, because the hyperdrives were going to block/collapse the bridge either way.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by Scizard
Right. Except I think that the clones coming in was just perfect timing, rather than him knowing choosing the time for them to fall, because the hyperdrives were going to block/collapse the bridge either way.

Perfect timing? Why can't it be Maul choosing the time for them to fall? The notion that it's perfect timing is out of universe plot convinience, whereas the notion that Maul chose the time to accelerate the fall is a feasible un-universe explanation.

YousufKhan1212
Perfect timing? Why can't it be Maul choosing the time for them to fall? The notion that it's perfect timing is out of universe plot convinience, whereas the notion that Maul chose the time to accelerate the fall is a feasible in-universe explanation.

Had to correct that spelling error.

ozz81

yeah that sounds plausible, pretty impressive how how was contributing to its gradual fall etc almost like he was sort of holding it up a bit by moving it very slowly etc..

Scizard
Perfect timing? Why can't it be Maul choosing the time for them to fall? The notion that it's perfect timing is out of universe plot convinience, whereas the notion that Maul chose the time to accelerate the fall is a feasible un-universe explanation.

They would've collapsed/blocked the bridge regardless. I don't see anything showing that he's holding them up, just that he's destroying them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.