Anyone heard Trump wants to shut down twitter for fact checking hin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
For real!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/05/27/trump-twitter-label/

Bashar Teg
yup, i posted about it in the trump thread.

he falsely claimed to have his first ammendment rights threatened, while threatening the fist ammendment rights of twitter (which now has the same constitutional rights as citizens do, thanks to conservatives, ironically)

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yup, i posted about it in the trump thread.

he falsely claimed to have his first ammendment rights threatened, while threatening the fist ammendment rights of twitter (which now has the same constitutional rights as citizens do, thanks to conservatives, ironically) Does DDM need this done to his posts?

shifty

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
For real!

Babyman-in-chief strikes again, how dare someone fact-check his lies and inane commentary

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg
Does DDM need this done to his posts?

shifty

https://i.imgur.com/sXzyshN.jpgGet the facts about the Arbery murder case

Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/sXzyshN.jpgGet the facts about what Brie Larson actually said.

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

jaden_2.0
99% of Blaze and Dailywire articles described perfectly. 👍

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
Top Notch thumb up laughing out loud

Just pointing out that, by bashs own definition, you're cheer leading smile

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
Just pointing out that, by bashs own definition, you're cheer leading smile I'm appreciating a humorous quip. I would have laughed if Broly did similar.

Surtur
Hey I didn't create the definition

Bashar Teg
surt's personally offended because the blaze is his holy scripture

Surtur
oh did you change the definition of cheer leading now?

BrolyBlack
Can we put a moratorium on that word for 7 days.

“Both sides”

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

“Both sides”

I just wanna be clear on the definition

Old Man Whirly!

“Both sides” More than happy too.

Bashar Teg
your bargaining skills are weak old man.

2 days

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
99% of Blaze and Dailywire articles described perfectly. 👍
surt's personally offended because the blaze is his holy scripture

laughing thumb up thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
your bargaining skills are weak old man.

2 days I'm ever practising satyagrahi. wink

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
laughing thumb up thumb up Bash is on fire tonight Rob thumb up laughing out loud durpunk

Robtard
I noticed by measuring the eTears of his "fans"...

Old Man Whirly!
I noticed by measuring the eTears of his "fans"... we need a rain gauge for that, I say at least 8 inches wink

Adam_PoE
we need a rain gauge for that, I say at least 8 inches wink

Who is eight-inches?

meep-meep
Trump keeps giving me more reasons to not help his re-election. Banning free speech is against our constitution. Take the media with a grain of salt. It's money driven, but necessary.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Who is eight-inches? was waiting for you to add that laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by meep-meep
Trump keeps giving me more reasons to not help his re-election. Banning free speech is against our constitution. Take the media with a grain of salt. It's money driven, but necessary.

thumb up

People on the right confuse Trump for being conservative. He's not conservative.

He's Pro-Trump which means he takes whatever position is - as he perceives it - best for Trump.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

People on the right confuse Trump for being conservative. He's not conservative.

He's Pro-Trump which means he takes whatever position is - as he perceives it - best for Trump.

I know of no one on the right who thinks Trump is actually truly a conservative; most of us understand that he's a populist. He is at least on the right though, thankfully. If anything, it's ignorant leftists who think he's conservative. In their tiny, delusional minds, if you don't agree with every crazy, Marxist political view of theirs then you must be one of dem "racist" conservatives! laughing out loud

snowdragon
For real!

Is this going to bring up the question of whether Twitter is a platform or a publisher by having the editorial capacity to bring up fact checks on posts?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I know of no one on the right who thinks Trump is actually truly a conservative; most of us understand that he's a populist. He is at least on the right though, thankfully. If anything, it's ignorant leftists who think he's conservative. In their tiny, delusional minds, if you don't agree with every crazy, Marxist political view of theirs then you must be one of dem "racist" conservatives! laughing out loud durwank

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
Is this going to bring up the question of whether Twitter is a platform or a publisher by having the editorial capacity to bring up fact checks on posts? it's a platform in my opinion, with the right to edit content independently posted on it that does not fit the platforms ethical compass.

Adam_PoE
was waiting for you to add that laughing out loud

My guess is Robtard.

Old Man Whirly!
My guess is Robtard. laughing out loud It's certainly possible.

Robtard
Seems Bash was correct and babyman-in-chief is going to try and restrict Twitter/social media because they fact-checked him:

Legal and tech policy experts say Trump's executive order draft cracking down on social media companies is dead on arrival

Though I also believes it's a ploy to distract away that 100K+ Americans have now died of covid-19 under Trump's watch.

Adam_PoE
laughing out loud It's certainly possible.

I would say it is probable. I would bet at least 7.5 and real thick and rigid.

Robtard
A bit over 7, maybe 7.5 on a good day.

How'd you know? confused

Bashar Teg
Seems Bash was correct and babyman-in-chief is going to try and restrict Twitter/social media because they fact-checked him:

and how can this be? for i am the kwisatz haderach!

Robtard
That's the name of my Wifi

Bashar Teg
cool! what's your password? shifty

Robtard
Yourmoms@ss112

Bashar Teg
keeps saying "incorrect password"

...HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

Old Man Whirly!
Let's guess Robs password

Fearisthemindkiller1111

Bashar Teg
fillmyass69

Old Man Whirly!
fillmyass69 laughing out loud top notch!

Surtur
I think this is stupid.

Especially because if Trump went to another social media platform he'd probably be followed by his millions of twitter followers too.

And then people would target that as well.

BackFire

Bashar Teg

Adam_PoE
A bit over 7, maybe 7.5 on a good day.

How'd you know? confused

Experience. I can usually tell just but looking at a guy.

Surtur
Though I am chuckling at lefties pretending they give a shit about free speech.

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg
Though I am chuckling at lefties pretending they give a shit about free speech.

you don't even understand the concept of freedom of speech, much like your hero trump; but he's about to learn. hopefully you will learn as well

BackFire

dadudemon
I think this is stupid.

Especially because if Trump went to another social media platform he'd probably be followed by his millions of twitter followers too.

And then people would target that as well.

No they wouldn't. If Trump moved over, it would cost Twitter a huge chunk of money. The new platform would become super super valuable. And the new "twitter" would maintain their policies of non-fake-news and not messing with content.

Every provider has a due care responsibility to remove illegal content. But editorializing content? That's a pretty bad idea.

Surtur
you don't even understand the concept of freedom of speech, much like your hero trump; but he's about to learn. hopefully you will learn as well

Sure I do kiddo. But you tried.

dadudemon

Surtur
Alternative take: Twitter is systematically targeting Trump with fake news and misleading "science" in an attempt to influence US politics and undermine the lawfully elected PotUS. Because Twitter has a clear agenda.

I just want this "correction" shit they are doing to be applied equally.

There is a problem if any leftist on twitter is allowed to post misleading info without any action being taken.

Or again as I said in the other thread: they should just be transparent. Admit the bias. Do not gas light.

Robtard
Experience. I can usually tell just but looking at a guy.

https://media.giphy.com/media/nlWGe7Q64zwQ0/200_d.gif

Robtard

Surtur
As long as they are consistent with the practice I have no issues.

Surtur
Out of curiosity, who here feels they will be consistent with this?

Adam_PoE
https://media.giphy.com/media/nlWGe7Q64zwQ0/200_d.gif

Your size is 1 in 155,000. That is pretty impressive.

Bashar Teg
Exactly, Trump's post was not altered or censored in any fashion. His followers are free to read it just as he wrote it.

even if they deleted it, and even if they deleted Trump's account, it's within their rights. oh well, let's watch the great unraveling and humiliation of donald trump, with much laughter

dadudemon
I just want this "correction" shit they are doing to be applied equally.

I don't. I don't want any clarifications or labels added to anyone's posts. That's editorializing. Leave that shit for news outlets and not humans and AI on social media platforms.

Surtur
I don't. I don't want any clarifications or labels added to anyone's posts. That's editorializing. Leave that shit for news outlets and not humans and AI on social media platforms.

I agree, but if they're gonna do it at least be consistent.

Adam_PoE
Facts are not opinions. Fact-checking is not editorializing.

Surtur

BackFire

Surtur

BrolyBlack

So all the news organization who said there was Russian collusion, tell me about how those fact worked out for you.

Surtur
So all the news organization who said there was Russian collusion, tell me about how those fact worked out for you.

And democrats got pissed and went after Facebook for Russian stuff.

They cried about them allowing any political ad too.

But now they wanna gas light us as if they give two shits about freedom of speech or the rights of private companies. Bullshit.

dadudemon

Old Man Whirly!
So all the news organization who said there was Russian collusion, tell me about how those fact worked out for you. The truth will come out when Trump has gone.

dadudemon

In this particular case, wrong and wrong.

Also, almost all fact checkers editorialize and bring two heaping scoops of bias.

Fact-checking is definitely editorializing.

If you were correct, a bunch of smart people (but mostly dumb people on both sides) wouldn't be argue about this very topic.

BackFire

Surtur

BackFire
I thought we cared a lot about election interference, though?

Illegal activities related to elections are not protected by the first amendment.

However, no court, especially the supreme court, would uphold a law's application to the suppression of free speech if such a conflict does arise.

What illegal activities did twitter engage in when they said that Trump said something unsubstantiated?

Surtur
I thought we cared a lot about election interference, though?

Illegal activities related to elections are not protected by the first amendment.

However, no court, especially the supreme court, would uphold a law's application to the suppression of free speech if such a conflict does arise.

In general they don't care about election interference. The media here does it all the time. They don't like it when they feel it has negatively impacted them.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BackFire
What illegal activities did twitter engage in when they said that Trump said something unsubstantiated? it's like if I posted an ad in a shop window and the shop owner posted a note on it. That's fine, it's his shop I'm making use of it.

eThneoLgrRnae
LoL. Trump is 100% right about massive mail-in voting being highly susceptible to voter fraud. Anyone who argues otherwise just shows how truly f***ing dumb they are (or they're just a democrat voter which is pretty much the same thing lol). The so-called "fact-check" of Trump's tweet wasn't a fact check at all.

LoL@ using a CNN source to "fact-check" something.

Surtur
Imagine if Republicans actually brought in Jack Dorsey to question.

Who here will say Democrats wouldn't lose their shit? Anyone?

BackFire

Surtur

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
LoL. Trump is 100% right about massive mail-in voting being highly susceptible to voter fraud. Anyone who argues otherwise just shows how truly f***ing dumb they are (or they're just a democrat voter which is pretty much the same thing lol). The so-called "fact-check" of Trump's tweet wasn't a fact check at all.

LoL@ using a CNN source to "fact-check" something. durwank

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
Ah so we're gonna gas light. Gotcha.

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!
Ah so we're gonna gas light. Gotcha. Backfire is not gaslighting at all.

Surtur

Surtur
Backfire is not gaslighting at all.

If he's gonna act like the democrats wouldn't have tried to implement changes via policy if they controlled the senate and white house he is absolutely 100% gas lighting.

Old Man Whirly!

Old Man Whirly!
If he's gonna act like the democrats wouldn't have tried to implement changes via policy if they controlled the senate and white house he is absolutely 100% gas lighting. um, no he isn't gaslighting anyone.

cdtm
Got to be honest, his latest tweet is hard to believe, even from him.

Facts are the least of his problems.

Surtur
um, no he isn't gaslighting anyone.

It depends on if he is saying dems wouldn't have taken more action if they had more control.

If he is, that is gas lighting.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Got to be honest, his latest tweet is hard to believe, even from him.

Facts are the least of his problems.

On the other hand: folk who pushed a russian conspiracy for years should probably not be whining about this shit.

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!
On the other hand: folk who pushed a russian conspiracy for years should probably not be whining about this shit. I still believe when Trump goes the truth will out. This attack on the first ammendment is another example of how your democracy is being attacked by the Trump administration.

Surtur
I still believe when Trumps goes the truth will out.

Then yeah, sit this one out champ thumb up

BackFire

eThneoLgrRnae
On the other hand: folk who pushed a russian conspiracy for years should probably not be whining about this shit.

"Bingo."

Robtard
even if they deleted it, and even if they deleted Trump's account, it's within their rights. oh well, let's watch the great unraveling and humiliation of donald trump, with much laughter

Correct, you do eSign a EULA when you sign up for Twitter (I've never used it, but I know they have one), so you're agreeing to abide by their rules.

But I still think it's important to point out that Twitter did not censor Trump, his tweets can still be read as he wrote them. Trumpers are showing their true colors here once again.

Surtur

Surtur

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
Bingo! Yeah, Bash us bang on.

More cheerleading.

BackFire
This is why comparing theoretical possibilities to something that is actually happening is worthless. We know what Trump is now attempting. We have no way of knowing what policy, if any, the Democrats would put in place.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
This is why comparing theoretical possibilities to something that is actually happening is worthless. We know what Trump is now attempting. We have no way of knowing what policy, if any, the Democrats would put in place.

I just say don't gas light me and pretend the democrats are any different here.

Well yeah, the only difference is power not how they feel about the 1st amendment. Surely you know this. Come on now.

Bashar Teg
More cheerleading.

"he agreed with a fact that hurts my fee-fees, so he's cheerleading REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Surtur
"he agreed with a fact that hurts my fee-fees, so he's cheerleading REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

By your definition of cheerleading it applies to him.

You gonna change the definition or just lie? Either one will be allowed, especially the lie smile

Silent Master
What are the specifics of what Trump is trying to impose on them?

BrolyBlack
I have to be right on the internet cause Im a big baby with no friends.

Old Man Whirly!
Surt stop being unbearable. You're being like one of those Star Wars Forum teenagers that wants to start an argument constantly but doesn't actually want to debate or learn but rather just win. Stop taking people out of context then engaging in ad-hominem attacks. The next stage when you are like this is you then pretend you won. It's funny stuff!

Robtard
I just say don't gas light me and pretend the democrats are any different here.

Well yeah, the only difference is power not how they feel about the 1st amendment. Surely you know this. Come on now.

This is what you do every time you can't openly defend a shitty thing from Trump, you defend it from the sidelines and when that fails you try and equalize it. Maybe just call a turd a turd, regardless that you're a Trumper.

ps Democrats > you

Surtur
Surt stop being unbearable. You're being like one of those Star Wars Forum teenagers that wants to start an argument constantly but doesn't actually want to debate or learn but rather just win. Stop taking people out of context then engaging in ad-hominem attacks. The next stage when you are like this is you then pretend you won. It's funny stuff!

Dude, the hypocrisy of this post is off the charts.

I love that someone will be dumb enough to agree with you too smile

BrolyBlack

I wish you would use the same colored glasses with Bashar, he's unbearable at this point. Maybe you could give him some lessons on life.

Surtur
This is what you do every time you can't openly defend a shitty thing from Trump, you defend it from the sidelines and when that fails you try and equalize it. Maybe just call a turd a turd, regardless that you're a Trumper.

ps Democrats > you

Nah, me>>>>>>>>every single democrat ever

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur

Robtard

BackFire

Surtur
Yep, gas light.

Surtur

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
also Bingo, truth is if anyone tried this, people like Backfire, Rob, Bash and I would say exactly what we are now.

You nor the mods can be consistent on this forum so don't go this route kiddo.

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!
Nah, I just don't wanna see shitheads who don't care about the first amendment pretend they do.

The democrats do not care about it. Do not gas light me and say they do. I think we have some cognitive dysfunction going on here Surt.

Surtur

Adam_PoE

Facts are not partisan. That is an indictment of Republican malfeasance.

Old Man Whirly!
You nor the mods can be consistent on this forum so don't go this route kiddo. Surt, none of this personal none of us are against you, just your position.

Surtur
I think we have some cognitive dysfunction going on here Surt.

You can lie, there will be no consequences.

Old Man Whirly!
Facts are not partisan. That is an indictment of Republican malfeasance. Also, Bingo!

Adam_PoE
In this particular case, wrong and wrong.

Also, almost all fact checkers editorialize and bring two heaping scoops of bias.

Fact-checking is definitely editorializing.

If you were correct, a bunch of smart people (but mostly dumb people on both sides) wouldn't be argue about this very topic.

No, you are arguing about this topic, because you are conflating confirming or disconfirming whether a statement is factual with opining about that statement. It is not.

Surtur
Also, Bingo!

Being consistent, Bash will call this cheerleading.

BrolyBlack
No, you are arguing about this topic, because you are conflating confirming or disconfirming whether a statement is factual with opining about that statement. It is not.

Stop assuming you are always right, its fcking annoying and lacks basic understands of life.

Old Man Whirly!
No, you are arguing about this topic, because you are conflating confirming or disconfirming whether a statement is factual with opining about that statement. It is not. Also, Bingo!

Surtur
Being consistent, Bash will call this cheerleading.

BackFire

Surtur

Adam_PoE
Stop assuming you are always right, its fcking annoying and lacks basic understands of life.

If you say, "2+2=5," and I say you are incorrect, did I just fact-check you or did I editorialize? Enlighten us.

Surtur

Anyone? Why avoid this?

Robtard

Surtur
Yep

While not just call what Trump is doing shitty and dictator-like and leave it at that.

Cuz you weasels always practice whataboutism?

The hypocrisy is astounding lol.

Jesus guys. Do better.

Surtur
Gas light, lie, etc.

Nothing will be done smile

Robtard
Cuz you weasels always practice whataboutism?

The hypocrisy is astounding lol.

Jesus guys. Do better.

^ Literally more whataboutism...

But hey, at least you're not denying it now. Defend Trump and his shitty moves all you like, it's a free country(for now), just be open about it, sport.

BackFire

Surtur
^ Literally more whataboutism...

But hey, at least you're not denying it now. Defend Trump and his shitty moves all you like, it's a free country(for now), just be open about it, sport.

Have you or any of your e-gang ever practiced whataboutism?

Feel free to lie btw, no consequences smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>