Is the Mandela Effect real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
?

samhain
Didn't you create this thread a year ago?

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg
of course it's real.

two words: brie larson

BrolyBlack
How is she been affected by it?

Jmanghan
Uh... Yeah. Lmao.

BrolyBlack
What do you remember that has changed?

dadudemon
One of the commonly cited examples is the Berenstein Bears.

It turns out, Berenstain Bears is the correct spelling. The "e" spelling was common enough in the 80s and 90s that it is not a Mandala Effect. It was just misspelled wrong all the time, everywhere, to the point that many people saw the "e" spelling and thought it was "e."

It really was spelled Berenstein in multiple places even in children's books. But it has always officially been "Berenstain."

Here's a great video that breaks down this one:

1DZnPZ2iXtk

That one that really gets me is the Fruit of the Loom cornucopia.
Dude....dude...

I swear the cornucopia example is legit but the cornucopia never existed...but there is evidence that the TM actually included it and we may have seen unofficial stuff and that explains our phantom memory.

Here's the logo we all remember (but the real logo doesn't have the cornucopia).

https://i.imgur.com/nGVVA43.jpg

Anyway, another one is We Are the Champions by Queen. It doesn't end with "...of the world!"

Look, it's not on the original vinyl from 1975 that a dude recorded and uploaded to YouTube to prove the Mandala Effect is real:

MzJDRNhuaHk

BUT WAIT!

F*ck that! Freddie sang, all the damn time "of the world"at the end of that song and we all heard it! This is a blatant lie!!!!

Nope, you're wrong, here's the lyrics:

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/queen/wearethechampions.html

Open and shut case, right? We all remembered the "of the world part" incorrectly, right?

We all are crazy with phantom memories. Right? RIIIIGHT?

NOPE! We remembered correctly. We heard it right, and we've all be gaslit.

Move to 2:45 of he clip. He f*cking sings "of the world" at the end of the song.

FP808MiJUcM

I have more. I've dug into some of these and it appears to all be variants of the Berenstain Bears stuff: where we really did see or hear the "incorrect" versions we remember. It was just wrong then and it is still wrong, now.

Bashar Teg
or if you want to go for innocuous examples:

"Luke, I am your father" -never spoken in ESB

"Hello, Clarice" -never spoken in silence of the lambs

yet people still believe that these were definitely spoken, and would likely pass a polygraph with flying colors because they believe it as a certainty that they're correct...even though they're flat wrong

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
or if you want to go for innocuous examples:

"Luke, I am your father" -never spoken in ESB

"Hello, Clarice" -never spoken in silence of the lambs

yet people still believe that these were definitely spoken, and would likely pass a polygraph with flying colors because they believe it as a certainty that they're correct...even though they're flat wrong

I used to do the "Luke, I am your father" line. Then re-watched it, and then realized I was quoting the line wrong. This was more than a decade before the internet made clarifying that line a thing. What am I on about? It just means that people remembered wrong and the internet made it possible to see how wrong people get it wrong all the time. If it was before the internet, like my situation, the'd see they were wrong and move on and not think about it. But if they didn't, the memory would stick in them until it was "real."

Eon Blue

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by samhain
Didn't you create this thread a year ago?

Lol

samhain
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Lol

Glad someone acknowledged it. thumb up

Seen all the same Mandela Effect stuff as everyone else, Monopoly man with a monocle or without, etc. The only personal experience I've had is Jack Klugman dying in 2012, but I fvcking swear, I heard he died around 1997 or 1998. I can remember myself and a friend having a conversation about it in school one day as he had heard it too. Guess we both made it up. Folie a deux I suppose.

BrolyBlack

Nuke Nixon
When I watched Star Wars in theater in '77 when Obi-Wan gave Luke the lightsaber I watched as Luke lit it up and swung it around and it cut the corner off a table, I remember that clear as day because I thought it was so cool... and yet with every single rewatch I've never seen him do that again...WTF??!

Artol
It's clearly a thing that people experience. I don't think it has a supernatural basis as some claim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.