How powerful is Qui-Gon in canon??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
I know he had quite a few accolades in legends, but where would his canon version rank?

Sheev
Below TPM Maul. haw-som

YousufKhan1212
He's below TPM Maul by possibly a large degree.

Darth Thor
I guess hes trying to work out where below Maul he is.

Ventress level, Fisto level? GI level?

Total Warrior
Fisto sounds about right

Galan007
As a combatant, he was probably low/mid Council level. Obviously well below the likes of Maul(even SW.com states that Maul "nearly killed" Qui-Gon during their first encounter on Tatooine.)

It was Qui-Gon's spiritual enlightenment and connection to the Living Force that ultimately made him one of the greatest Jedi of all time.

JediMaster97
It always bothered me how underwhelming Qui Gon is combat wise compared to the top tier jedi and sith. How can you have such a strong connection to the force and even discover immortality yet be so average in combat?

Darth Thor
Im sure hes at least GI level.

Scizard
Originally posted by JediMaster97
It always bothered me how underwhelming Qui Gon is combat wise compared to the top tier jedi and sith. How can you have such a strong connection to the force and even discover immortality yet be so average in combat?
Same, having him killed by TPM Maul obviously locks him unfortunately.

Although I wonder how Qui Gon compares to the other TPM Jedi, like I wonder how strong Mace/Council was at this time.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Scizard
Same, having him killed by TPM Maul obviously locks him unfortunately.

I mean most the council would die to Maul 1 on 1.

Being below Maul could put him anywhere from Adi Gallia level to Plo Koon/Fisto level.

Anywhere from GI level to Savae Opress level.

Theres a lot of room there to compete with some top level Jedi and Jedi killing beasts. Unfortunately he still lacks feats.

Total Warrior

YousufKhan1212
In Legends I'd say he's on par with AotC Kenobi.

Scizard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean most the council would die to Maul 1 on 1.

Being below Maul could put him anywhere from Adi Gallia level to Plo Koon/Fisto level.

Anywhere from GI level to Savae Opress level.

Theres a lot of room there to compete with some top level Jedi and Jedi killing beasts. Unfortunately he still lacks feats.

True.

Underachiever59
In Master & Apprentice, Qui-Gon was invited to join the Jedi Council. So he's literally Council-level. His performance against Maul is more impressive than most feats from the Jedi Council members throughout The Clone Wars.

Going down the list:
Qui-Gon is unquestionably above the likes of Jocasta Nu and Coleman Trebor. Kcaj, Poof, Alliee, Rancisis, Yaddle, Tinn, and Kolar have pretty much no feats in Canon.

Even Piell surrendered to a couple droideka, but Qui-Gon also chose to flee from them. So it's not a stretch of the imagination to assume Qui-Gon and Piell are on the same level.

Qui-Gon's showing against Maul is also more impressive than Depa Billaba and Adi Gallia's individual showings against Grievous. Eeth Koth is a little more impressive than Depa Billaba and Adi Gallia, with him holding out against Grievous while injured and also lasting for a time against pre-prime Vader. I could see Qui-Gon being roughly comparable to Koth.

Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Shaak Ti all lack dueling feats in Canon, only really being depicted against blaster-wielding opponents, so it's impossible to gauge there.

This leaves Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Yoda, and Anakin as the only Jedi Council members who I would rank above Qui-Gon. I'd definitely consider Qui-Gon as roughly equal to the likes of Eeth Koth and Even Piell.

By my estimate, this puts Qui-Gon in roughly the top 15 best Force users of his era, out of literally over 10,000. Possibly even in the top 10, depending on where you rate him relative to Asajj and Savage. That's by no means "average."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.