Is Donald Trump Racist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
Maga

cdtm
He knows a black guy.

Bashar Teg
my prediction of the final polling results:

yes: 7
no: 462
undecided: 2

Old Man Whirly!
Haha, I foresee certain sockers doing their thing. Austin316, thegenerallee etc.

truejedi
I think he is, and I think his supporters know it and feel the same way. Now, they don't believe they are racist-- I was raised in a household where "mexicans"(all hispanics) were only in America to take our jobs, and actually take over our country through the "reconquista" i shit you not.

Now my parents truly did not consider this racism. They thought they were smart, and in the know, and that sure, there were some good, legal immigrants, that were learning english, and assimilating "american" culture, but the majority were here to take advantage of welfare. My parents were insulted if anyone questioned this world view as racist-- they were just telling it how it is. They have 100 percent backed Trump for the same reason-- so sure their, and his, twisted view of the world is correct, that it isnt racism if it is true.

So yes, racist, and in denial about it would be my vote. The denial is why his supporters honestly cannot see it. They arent lying, they just cannot see it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by truejedi
I think he is, and I think his supporters know it and feel the same way. Now, they don't believe they are racist-- I was raised in a household where "mexicans"(all hispanics) were only in America to take our jobs, and actually take over our country through the "reconquista" i shit you not.

Now my parents truly did not consider this racism. They thought they were smart, and in the know, and that sure, there were some good, legal immigrants, that were learning english, and assimilating "american" culture, but the majority were here to take advantage of welfare. My parents were insulted if anyone questioned this world view as racist-- they were just telling it how it is. They have 100 percent backed Trump for the same reason-- so sure their, and his, twisted view of the world is correct, that it isnt racism if it is true.

So yes, racist, and in denial about it would be my vote. The denial is why his supporters honestly cannot see it. They arent lying, they just cannot see it. Good post thumb up

Surtur

So yes, racist, and in denial about it would be my vote. The denial is why his supporters honestly cannot see it. They arent lying, they just cannot see it.

Just curious, is Joe Biden racist?

truejedi
Originally posted by Surtur
Just curious, is Joe Biden racist?

I honestly don't know. I don't like him at all. Actually liked Hillary more if that's possible. I find Tara Reade credible... The racist angle, based on one comment? I don't know. Do you think he is?

(Might want to make a different thread for that discussion though, to be fair to the OP?)

Artol
Biden is racist.

Surtur
I honestly don't know. I don't like him at all. Actually liked Hillary more if that's possible. I find Tara Reade credible... The racist angle, based on one comment? I don't know. Do you think he is?

(Might want to make a different thread for that discussion though, to be fair to the OP?)

He has more than just that comment, he has a history of racist comments and views. But yeah I won't get into it too much here, but I'd assume everything you said would apply to Biden voters if he is racist(he is).

Artol
He has more than just that comment, he has a history of racist comments and views. But yeah I won't get into it too much here, but I'd assume everything you said would apply to Biden voters if he is racist(he is).

I don't think that's a necessary conclusion, you'd have to look at the voter groups and analyze them, Trump's racism may be of a very different type, and his supporters may have very different worldviews from Biden supporters.

Surtur
Originally posted by Artol
I don't think that's a necessary conclusion, you'd have to look at the voter groups and analyze them, Trump's racism may be of a very different type, and his supporters may have very different worldviews from Biden supporters.

It's hard to square how it could be that Trump is racist and his supporters feel he same way, but that Biden is racist and his supporters don't feel the same way.

Old Man Whirly!
It's hard to square how it could be that Trump is racist and his supporters feel he same way, but that Biden is racist and his supporters don't feel the same way. you purposely chose not to understand what Artol said. He makes a good point.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
you purposely chose not to understand what Artol said. He makes a good point.

It might be a different type of racism, but it would still mean Biden is racist and his voters feel the same way.

There is no way around that. It's just being hypocritical to just apply that standard to Trump supporters.

Old Man Whirly!
It might be a different type of racism, but it would still mean Biden is racist and his voters feel the same way.

There is no way around that. It's just being hypocritical to just apply that standard to Trump supporters. all kinds of racism exist, some are not the kind that undermine human decency and dog whistle racial violence.

Surtur
all kinds of racism exist, some are not the kind that undermine human decency and dog whistle racial violence.

Okay literally nobody here is saying there is just one kind of racism.

The point is this: If Trump is racist and it means his supporters feel the same way...the same applies to Biden supporters. There is no way around this. You can say the Biden supporters practice a different kind of racism, but they're still racist going by that standard.

Old Man Whirly!
Okay literally nobody here is saying there is just one kind of racism.

The point is this: If Trump is racist and it means his supporters feel the same way...the same applies to Biden supporters. There is no way around this. You can say the Biden supporters practice a different kind of racism, but they're still racist going by that standard. I doubt Bidens "supporters" do think he is great, most here see him as the much lesser of two evils.

Artol
It's hard to square how it could be that Trump is racist and his supporters feel he same way, but that Biden is racist and his supporters don't feel the same way.

I think it is much more complex than that, a lot of Trump's voters could be racist and he could not be racist, or he could be racist and Trump's voters could not be. So just the potential set ups don't tell us much we'll have to look at the reality. Like policy proposals or rhetoric for example. People like Biden implemented very racist legislation, in things like the crime bill, but you certainly could support that bill without necessarily being racist, like many black community leaders did (they were wrong, but I don't think they hated black people). With Trump I think there's a much better case to be made that a lot of the policies are much more designed to trigger people's xenophobic or racist believes, and I would say in that way it's probably much more for political convenience than for racism from Trump's point of view, but it may be a bit of both. Really we have to look at why people vote for the candidate, and with Biden, I don't really believe many people are passionate about voting for him, they just are scared of or dislike Trump much more.

Surtur
I think it is much more complex than that, a lot of Trump's voters could be racist and he could not be racist, or he could be racist and Trump's voters could not be. So just the potential set ups don't tell us much we'll have to look at the reality. Like policy proposals or rhetoric for example. People like Biden implemented very racist legislation, in things like the crime bill, but you certainly could support that bill without necessarily being racist, like many black community leaders did (they were wrong, but I don't think they hated black people). With Trump I think there's a much better case to be made that a lot of the policies are much more designed to trigger people's xenophobic or racist believes, and I would say in that way it's probably much more for political convenience than for racism from Trump's point of view, but it may be a bit of both. Really we have to look at why people vote for the candidate, and with Biden, I don't really believe many people are passionate about voting for him, they just are scared of or dislike Trump much more.

Well yes, you make some good points it is complex.

But if we just boil it down to the standard of "Trump is racist and thus his supporters feel the same way" it has to apply to Biden supporters too.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying if we use that standard then supporters on both sides are racist.

Old Man Whirly!
I think it is much more complex than that, a lot of Trump's voters could be racist and he could not be racist, or he could be racist and Trump's voters could not be. So just the potential set ups don't tell us much we'll have to look at the reality. Like policy proposals or rhetoric for example. People like Biden implemented very racist legislation, in things like the crime bill, but you certainly could support that bill without necessarily being racist, like many black community leaders did (they were wrong, but I don't think they hated black people). With Trump I think there's a much better case to be made that a lot of the policies are much more designed to trigger people's xenophobic or racist believes, and I would say in that way it's probably much more for political convenience than for racism from Trump's point of view, but it may be a bit of both. Really we have to look at why people vote for the candidate, and with Biden, I don't really believe many people are passionate about voting for him, they just are scared of or dislike Trump much more. thumb up Bingo!

truejedi
Well, let's say Biden is racist to avoid de-railing the conversation. I do not think simply voting for Trump makes someone a racist, and I don't know too many people who fervently support Biden. Now, backing racist behavior because you voted for the guy? That's getting to be racist. Don't be scared to call out your guy when his behavior is wrong. What i see all the time, and get so disgusted with, is people backing up their candidate, no matter what they do.

We need to be able to acknowledge that someone can be doing something you like but also capable of doing something that is wrong. We could have multiple political parties in three U.S. if we would all just hold both parties responsible for their failures as well as their successes.

I deeply believe Trump getting elected was as much a mistake by the Republicans as it was the democrats. Cruz and Rubio sabotaged each other. Your average Republican didn't want trump before the election. They felt as trapped inyo voting for him as I did for Hillary. Now, to support him blindly when he makes racist statements-- That is on their heads.

Surtur
Well, let's say Biden is racist to avoid de-railing the conversation. I do not think simply voting for Trump makes someone a racist, and I don't know too many people who fervently support Biden. Now, backing racist behavior because you voted for the guy? That's getting to be racist. Don't be scared to call out your guy when his behavior is wrong. What i see all the time, and get so disgusted with, is people backing up their candidate, no matter what they do.

We need to be able to acknowledge that someone can be doing something you like but also capable of doing something that is wrong. We could have multiple political parties in three U.S. if we would all just hold both parties responsible for their failures as well as their successes.

I deeply believe Trump getting elected was as much a mistake by the Republicans as it was the democrats. Cruz and Rubio sabotaged each other. Your average Republican didn't want trump before the election. They felt as trapped inyo voting for him as I did for Hillary. Now, to support him blindly when he makes racist statements-- That is on their heads.

I'll give a response to this in the Biden thread.

Artol
Well yes, you make some good points it is complex.

But if we just boil it down to the standard of "Trump is racist and thus his supporters feel the same way" it has to apply to Biden supporters too.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying if we use that standard then supporters on both sides are racist.

Yeah, I agree, if someone's logic is "If the politician is racist, the voter for the politician is racist" that has to apply to any politicians, Trump or Biden included. But it is a pretty stupid opinion to have.

truejedi
I'll give a response to this in the Biden thread.

I think this post had much more to do with Trump than Biden.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, I agree, if someone's logic is "If the politician is racist, the voter for the politician is racist" that has to apply to any politicians, Trump or Biden included. But it is a pretty stupid opinion to have. I'm going to disagree with that and state it depends on the type of racism propagated by said politician.

Old Man Whirly!

I deeply believe Trump getting elected was as much a mistake by the Republicans as it was the democrats. Cruz and Rubio sabotaged each other. Your average Republican didn't want trump before the election. They felt as trapped inyo voting for him as I did for Hillary. Now, to support him blindly when he makes racist statements-- That is on their heads. thumb up

Artol
I'm going to disagree with that and state it depends on the type of racism propagated by said politician.

In the scenario posited the person holding this opinion did not consider different types of racism, that's why I said if one were to hold such a simplistic opinion it would be correct to apply it equally.

In reality I very much agree with you, there are a ton of variables that are important to consider, the type of racism is certainly a big one.

Surtur
In the scenario posited the person holding this opinion did not consider different types of racism, that's why I said if one were to hold such a simplistic opinion it would be correct to apply it equally.

In reality I very much agree with you, there are a ton of variables that are important to consider, the type of racism is certainly a big one.

I can sum up his point for you: democrats are better at being racist than republicans. Or would it be they are worse at it? Either way the point is the dems are the lesser of two racists.

It's probably a comforting delusion for him.

Artol
I don't think either party is good for black people, I don't buy the Republican talking point that the Democrats are more racist though, I don't think that pans out economically at least since the party realignment.

Surtur
I don't think either party is good for black people, I don't buy the Republican talking point that the Democrats are more racist though, I don't think that pans out economically at least since the party realignment.

I won't say democrats are more racist. Or less. Just that both sides are racist, but they go about it in different ways.

It's just like both sides are corrupt, but they go about it in different ways. Trump is far less subtle at it. He has no filter. Since he's probably never had to have one before.

Artol
I won't say democrats are more racist. Or less. Just that both sides are racist, but they go about it in different ways.

It's just like both sides are corrupt, but they go about it in different ways. Trump is far less subtle at it. He has no filter. Since he's probably never had to have one before.

I would agree mostly. I think the reality is that Republicans and Democrats have much more in common that separates them. The things we all fight about is just the spectacle, but the Republicans and Democrats both agree with basically all policies that hurt American people and benefit the biggest companies and the richest people only.

truejedi
Somehow we disagree starkly on the environment though- and somehow about pandemics... Things we should all be united in dealing with and taking care of. Of all the things it doesnt seem like anyone should disagree on- those two things being political boggles my mind more than anything else.

Artol
Somehow we disagree starkly on the environment though- and somehow about pandemics... Things we should all be united in dealing with and taking care of. Of all the things it doesnt seem like anyone should disagree on- those two things being political boggles my mind more than anything else.

I mean the Democrats have done almost nothing on climate change either, it's true that the denial is much stronger on the Republican side, and I'd be glad to have a Democrat in charge of that, but I still think they choose corporations over the environment when it comes down to it.

Surtur
Why don't the dems wanna embrace nuclear power more? Nobody seems to wanna do that. But they will float insane things like the green new deal.

wxyz
Trump hates poor people.

NemeBro
Yeah he is.

BrolyBlack
dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.