Is it possible that Sidious actually won?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
I recently read a theory where s user detailed how Sidious may have actually won at the end of ROS, because he was able to get Rey to destroy him (by deflecting his lightning).... Which is what Sidious wanted from the beginning.

The theory goes on to suggest that Sidious's essence hopped into Rey after she killed him, and is basically hiding dormantly within her, waiting for the opportunity to surface again.

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree?

Darth Thor
Its just a dumb plot hole. I mean youre right he wanted her to kill him.

Im guessing he needed her to choose to be his vessel or some shit, but whatever it was it was executed terribly, and I feel thats because it really wasnt thought through at all.

Galan007
The implication seemed to be that Rey had to give into her emotions, and strike Palpatine down in a moment of anger, in order for the transfer to be successful... But that's not how she ultimately killed him(technically Palpatine's own attack is what destroyed him.)

Aside from that, once Palpatine absorbed the #DyadPOWA and made himself whole again, he ceased giving a shit about body-hopping, because there was no longer a need to do so.

So yeah, as of now it seems like Palpatine was meant to have been completely eradicated... But could they still bring he(or Snoke) back again in the future? Sure.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
But that's not how she ultimately killed him(technically Palpatine's own attack is what destroyed him.)

So why didnt he just Stop Firing?!

But again I dont want to get into the million plot holes of TROSs final act.

Galan007
If only that were the dumbest part of the ST... sad

Zenwolf
If only that were the dumbest part of the ST... sad

I'm not sure you could narrow down the dumbest part.....or can you? Hm...

Galan007
For me, the dumbest part was what they did to Luke. Still pisses me off.

Zenwolf

You know, watching a video on plotholes n everything, something else was brought up. Ok so this Chosen One prophecy right.....so if taking Anakin as the Chosen One here...the balance only lasted a mere 30 years? XD

Oh but before the Prophecy, there was at least 1,000 years of peace within the Republic. Whaaat lol....the Prophecy is complete garbage if it's only for a mere 30 years!

Galan007
You also have to wonder if the prophesy was even fulfilled at all, given that Palpatine basically just hopped right into another body immediately after Vader's betrayal.

The whole thing is a mess.

Zenwolf
You also have to wonder if the prophesy was even fulfilled at all, given that Palpatine basically just hopped right into another body immediately after Vader's betrayal.

The whole thing is a mess.

Ayyye.

By the by here's the video if ya wanna see, they brought up points I didn't even consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttfwyrjNv0

Which just makes it all hilarious!

Darth Thor

He dumb part there was to act as if that was a consistent portrayal of the character.

Anyway the dumbest part and source of this whole trilogy was repeating the plot the OT. Especially For a trilogy which when watched in sequential order take place right after the OT facepalm

ares834
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ayyye.

By the by here's the video if ya wanna see, they brought up points I didn't even consider.

Which just makes it all hilarious!

At this point, it's best to accept that the sequels are non-canon. They simply don't fit within the universe Lucas established.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ayyye.

Which just makes it all hilarious! This makes me sad. sad

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He dumb part there was to act as if that was a consistent portrayal of the character. Luke: "I never lost faith in Vader. He was as evil as it gets, and his actions over the years made Kylo at his worst look like a virgin choir boy... But he wasn't beyond redemption. Kylo, on the other hand, will still become pretty bad in the future, so I should probably just kill him."

facepalm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.