Kingdoms of Amalur is being remastered

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur

-Pr-
I wonder if it'll just be a graphical update or if they'll change anything else. I hope they don't mess with the combat system.

Weird @ camera. I never had any issues. Is it a common bug?

BackFire
Would love a sequel. First game was flawed but fun and had a ton of potential. A remaster is cool too though.

MooCowofJustice

Khazra Reborn
Nice! The combat in this game was awesome, I hope they do a proper sequel.

Jmanghan
@MowCow Nah man, THQ Nordic bought the rights, prob just thought it deserved to be remastered on modern hardware and BOOM, here we are.

BackFire

Smasandian
MMO's morphed into games as a service entries like Destiny, The Division and etc.

The grind is still there, money is made from game sales + cosmetics and there is no need to host the entire platform on servers.

StyleTime
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wonder if it'll just be a graphical update or if they'll change anything else. I hope they don't mess with the combat system.

thumb up

The combat was basically the selling point for this game. From my understanding, many of the folks involved are still at Big Huge Games? Assuming it's enough of the same people, I would like them to drop all these notions of MMO's or whatever. They need to embrace action games. Nexon owns them now too, so financial issues won't be quite as big a problems. Although, that could mean going for some kinda Vindictus or TERA style thing.

I say just be a Western Team Ninja.

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-

Weird @ camera. I never had any issues. Is it a common bug?

It's not that the camera is bugged necessarily, but a lot of people felt the PC version the camera was too close to the character. And there was no way to pull back the camera more.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
It's not that the camera is bugged necessarily, but a lot of people felt the PC version the camera was too close to the character. And there was no way to pull back the camera more.

Oh okay. I played it on PC and it didn't bother me. I remember the camera moving very quickly around me, but it didn't bother me otherwise. That's me though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
thumb up

The combat was basically the selling point for this game. From my understanding, many of the folks involved are still at Big Huge Games? Assuming it's enough of the same people, I would like them to drop all these notions of MMO's or whatever. They need to embrace action games. Nexon owns them now too, so financial issues won't be quite as big a problems. Although, that could mean going for some kinda Vindictus or TERA style thing.

I say just be a Western Team Ninja. Dude, major respect for playing Vindictus, combat was one of the best I've played for an MMO.

I'd heard Tera was better tho?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Dude, major respect for playing Vindictus, combat was one of the best I've played for an MMO.

I'd heard Tera was better tho?
Hell yeah. Vindictus's combat is fantastic. I love that they took their time developing each characters mechanics, so we get people that offer unique combat experiences. It's cool that Karok can grapple giant bosses, but Staff Evie has to dance around safely while getting off her spells. You actually feel what it would be like to fight as these archetypes.

My friend was heavily into TERA for a while. I thought the combat was good, but, unlike Vindictus, TERA is truly an MMO. Most of the elements that make MMO's what they are hold little appeal for me. It's hugely popular though, so I imagine any fan of action style MMO's will enjoy it.

I enjoyed Vindictus but it was only an MMO on a technicality. Functionally, it's an online beat 'em up you play with your friends.

Kazenji
9NQTzWTUesc

-Pr-
Not just a HD release but an expansion too? Interesting.

Arachnid1
How does the combat for this hold up? I never got the chance to play it last gen, but I'm interested.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Kazenji
9NQTzWTUesc
Cool, but is "Re-Reckoning" the actual name? Because lol
Originally posted by Arachnid1
How does the combat for this hold up? I never got the chance to play it last gen, but I'm interested.
I haven't played it recently to see if it aged well. It was one of the strong points originally though. Might wanna try first if you can.

Kazenji
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cool, but is "Re-Reckoning" the actual name? Because lol

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.