What suffers worse: Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Which one of these two TV Shows had the more unbearable filler, forced moments in the stories, unnecessary stupid pointless subplots, very campy scenes that feel like a saturday morning cartoon, and gets far too boring.

What had it worse from the shows writers.

-Pr-
Walking Dead slowed to a crawl that I never felt Thrones even on its worst days could compete with.

But Thrones's descent in quality made it feel worse too, in a way.

BruceSkywalker
the walking dead coz i never watched.. game of thrones had issues like everything else does, but i didn't let too much of that bother me

jaden_2.0
The Walking Dead was terrible for filler. Especially when they changed to the 8/8 split season. You'd be lucky if you got 4 decent episodes in the 16.

Game of Thrones eventually suffered from the opposite problem. Season 8 having only 6 episodes was the most retarded decision in TV history.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The Walking Dead was terrible for filler. Especially when they changed to the 8/8 split season. You'd be lucky if you got 4 decent episodes in the 16.

Game of Thrones eventually suffered from the opposite problem. Season 8 having only 6 episodes was the most retarded decision in TV history.

yea definitely, game of thrones should've had at least 10 episodes

riv6672
Never watched GoT, but TWD is fulla filler.

robotflug
The Walking Dead was spammed with the worst filler subplots and Shoehorn dragged out stories.

1.Glen must keep a secret that Zombies are in the Barn
2.Glen is on a warpath because of the Governors assault Maggie
3.Tara has a subplot about meeting a beach community od survivors
4.The Governor finds a random location of survivors camping and wants to be leader
5.Rick and Michonne finding stuff to give to the Saviors.
6.Beth storyline at the hospital
7.Daryl Dixon trapped at Negans base.
8.Unnecessary dragged out storyline of Rosita trying to shoot Negan than Eugene is forced to work with him.

Oh man, the writers sure know how to make this show have the viewers feel so bored.

riv6672
^^^gawd, so much wasted time...!

Lestov16
IMO, The Walking Dead is like watching a car slowly going 5 mph in a 30 mph Zone, whereas GOT is like watching a bloody 70-car pileup on the Autobahn. Both are insufferably painful, just for opposite reasons.

riv6672

robotflug
Is HBO still trying to make a Game of Thrones prequel?, its really pointless how AMC made sponoff's of Walking Dead like Fear The Walking Dead and Walking Dead: World Beyond.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by robotflug
Is HBO still trying to make a Game of Thrones prequel?, its really pointless how AMC made sponoff's of Walking Dead like Fear The Walking Dead and Walking Dead: World Beyond.

No. They were all cancelled.

robotflug
No. They were all cancelled.

Great news to have a pointless prequel cancelled.

Flyattractor
TWD Series is in full On Lame Mode Now. I recall watching one of the first few episodes od FTWD and they tried to make some suspense by making you WONDER what was hiding in a closet. I was Its a Zombie. It Can't be Anything Else... and WOW I WAS RIGHT!

At least with GOT you got the SMALL Potential of other Creatures...small but it was there.

Old Man Whirly!
The walking dead became unwatchable. GOT was never that bad.

robotflug

AMC made the Walking Dead stories way larger than there supposed to be, they dragged it out with so much filler it transformed the show into a filler nightmare. the stories from the comics should of been quick to finish but instead they demanded to stretch the stories out too much and unbearable filler subplots all over the place. Too much moping around episodes with big heroic monologues to fight the bad guys. Sometimes the show has very random argument moments just to extent the episodes story out of nowhere.

I tried watching Game of Thrones in the past and it was no better.

Jmanghan
Game of Thrones had the worst final seasons I've ever seen.

All of a sudden Tyrion's a ****ing idiot and outsmarted by Jamie and Cersei?...

Everyone dies, Mad Queen Dany which she was never supposed to become, "break the wheel" my ass.

**** GoT.

If you're invested in both shows you're more upset about GoT then TWD, easily.

Lestov16
I'm rewatching TWD and I honestly take back what I said. While it's production value is far lower than GOT, it has a far more consistent level of quality, and I'm actually looking forward to its next season, whereas GOT became unwatchable, so TWD wins this hands down.

robotflug
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm rewatching TWD and I honestly take back what I said. While it's production value is far lower than GOT, it has a far more consistent level of quality, and I'm actually looking forward to its next season, whereas GOT became unwatchable, so TWD wins this hands down.

I never bothered rewatching the older episodes like seasons 1 through 8 as those felt like chores to even get through.

I've only watched each episode once and never again. Also I gave on Walking Dead after season 8, never returned to Fear the Walking Dead after season 1.

BackFire

robotflug
AMC wants to milk Walking Dead for even more seasons. they will never learn.

It makes me so mad, I cannot stand the idea of even rewatching the show.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EasyComposedBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

Arachnid1
Thrones fell farther, but it was still a better average quality than TWD at its best.

Flyattractor
Walking Dead (Or any Zombie-ish) Show can only really do 3 Plot Lines..
1. Base Under Siege.
2. Seeking a New Base/On the Road
3. Stupid Human Relationship Nonsense.

IT is a VERY LIMITED Concept for a show to try and run for over a decade.

robotflug
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Walking Dead (Or any Zombie-ish) Show can only really do 3 Plot Lines..
1. Base Under Siege.
2. Seeking a New Base/On the Road
3. Stupid Human Relationship Nonsense.

IT is a VERY LIMITED Concept for a show to try and run for over a decade.

Not only that its limited for a concept but it can get too repetitive and very boring fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.