How could GL's Anakin have been equal to the Father?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Referring to the quote from GL where he said that Anakin could have become 2x Sidious if he hadn't sustained his injuries.

Do we really think the Father was only 2x more powerful then Sidious?

Darthadi

Darth Thor
Most probably a retcon.

But also yeah he never stated Anakins full potential as double Palpatines. He said Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Palpatine by the OT. But instead was 80% of him at that time.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Most probably a retcon.

But also yeah he never stated Anakins full potential as double Palpatines. He said Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Palpatine by the OT. But instead was 80% of him at that time.

You know it just dawned on me that, if he was 80% of him by the OT. That's...still above like, the vast majority of players within the SWU. Which on that note, if such a case...and people wanna bring up potential in fights, then why not actual realized power?

People wanna bring up the potential of someone and say they can = to X or do Y, so then why is it Vader is left out when it's regarding what he actually achieved?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
You know it just dawned on me that, if he was 80% of him by the OT. That's...still above like, the vast majority of players within the SWU. Which on that note, if such a case...and people wanna bring up potential in fights, then why not actual realized power?

People wanna bring up the potential of someone and say they can = to X or do Y, so then why is it Vader is left out when it's regarding what he actually achieved?

Oh that quote was mostly used in Vaders favour on verses boards.

Like 80% of OT Palpatine is probably close to ROTS Yoda level.

Also Filoni seems to suggest Lucas was always very protective of Vader and so wouldnt want to limit his portrayal of power (was talking about a potential Maul vs Vader fight).

Zenwolf
Oh that quote was mostly used in Vaders favour on verses boards.

Like 80% of OT Palpatine is probably close to ROTS Yoda level.

Also Filoni seems to suggest Lucas was always very protective of Vader and so wouldnt want to limit his portrayal of power (was talking about a potential Maul vs Vader fight).

Huh...I've seen a lot just dismiss though, yet other quotes seem fine to bring up that were clearly outdated...that and the lowballing I'm seeing with Vader lately.

Galan007
Most probably a retcon.

But also yeah he never stated Anakins full potential as double Palpatines. He said Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Palpatine by the OT. But instead was 80% of him at that time. Or perhaps that is how powerful Anakin would have become in the mortal realm, and with the training he had at the time.

Perhaps his ability to ascend to the level of the Father is something that Anakin could have only achieved under the direct tutelage of the Father himself, and with a universal Force nexus(ie. Mortis) amping him..?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Huh...I've seen a lot just dismiss though, yet other quotes seem fine to bring up that were clearly outdated...that and the lowballing I'm seeing with Vader lately.

Yeah the hint of him being lesser as a robotic man used to be brought up to lowball him, but the 80% quote was mostly used to defend him.

Youve seen Vader being lowballed recently? Seems to me Disney have left little room to lowball him.

Originally posted by Galan007
Or perhaps that is how powerful Anakin would have become in the mortal realm, and with the training he had at the time.

Perhaps his ability to ascend to the level of the Father is something that Anakin could have only achieved under the direct tutelage of the Father himself, and with a universal Force nexus(ie. Mortis) amping him..?

But the Nexus should also amp the Father just the same should it not?

Interesting point about being mentored by the Father. Because with the Father dead the potential for that would be gone.

Galan007
But the Nexus should also amp the Father just the same should it not?

Interesting point about being mentored by the Father. Because with the Father dead the potential for that would be gone. Mortis definitely amped the Father, yeah: "It is only here that I can control them." IOW, even the Father was unable to keep his children in check outside of Mortis.

It's just speculation on my part, but if Anakin had agreed to remain on Mortis to keep the children in balance, I highly doubt the Father would have just thrown him to the wolves and left. At the very least it seems likely that he would have given Anakin *some* kind of formalized training on how to tap into Mortis and access his "Chosen One power" at will... Otherwise the Son would have just overthrown him.

Darth Thor
Makes sense.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Sheev
Referring to the quote from GL where he said that Anakin could have become 2x Sidious if he hadn't sustained his injuries.

Do we really think the Father was only 2x more powerful then Sidious?

Is this supposed to be G-canon or C-canon? Because in C-canon, many of Lucas' quotes do not apply given C-canon shares the vision of other creative authors.

NewGuy01
The Mortis arc was George's idea, and he supervised its production.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Mortis arc was George's idea, and he supervised its production.

Well, I am not surprised given Lucas seems to be concerned about what happens with his characters.

Sheev
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Mortis arc was George's idea, and he supervised its production. Ya, and I'm pretty sure GL himself is who came up with the concept of The Ones to begin with.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Sheev
Ya, and I'm pretty sure GL himself is who came up with the concept of The Ones to begin with.

A flawed concept. I don't understand why Lucas had to mock the Holy Trinity. It would have been infinitely better if Mortis itself was a self-aware and sapient entity under the shape of a planet.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
A flawed concept. I don't understand why Lucas had to mock the Holy Trinity.

Its not mocking to base his Mythology on Theology.

Galan007
GL just expanded his views of the Force over the years. I dig the concept, tbh.

Freedon Nadd

Maybe not deliberately. But the Ones are a perversion to the Holy Trinity.

Rockydonovang
And if we're really going to interpret, it ends with all the "gods being killed" soooo

it's not really pro-religion lol.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Maybe not deliberately. But the Ones are a perversion to the Holy Trinity.

No more than Anakins no-Father birth being a perversion of Jesus miraculous birth.

He gets a lot of his ideas from Theology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.