Superman vs. Blue Marvel, Ethan Edwards and Hickperion (Hickman's Hyperion).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Who wins?

MrMind
Superman

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
Superman

7/10?

MrMind
about that yeah

StiltmanFTW
Thanks.

TheHulkster
Team, 10/10.

ilikecomics
To me ethan edwards is barely a factor here and mostly just a cheerleader in a gimp suit.

StiltmanFTW
Ethan has actual feats, unlike Blue Marvel barely managing to fend off King Hype or Hickperion sucking Thor's cock off.

carver9
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Team, 10/10.

MrMind
I think carver is trying to say superman wins

lawest9
>SIGH<

DarkSaint85
Team give him a good fight, but he edges it.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ethan has actual feats, unlike Blue Marvel barely managing to fend off King Hype or Hickperion sucking Thor's cock off.

Hmm then if we go by a fecundity of good feats then the question becomes could supes go feat for feat with all 3 of these other dudes added up and then have 30 years of feats left over? I think

Also, sidenote: does supes have a feat comparable to hype sucking thor's cock off?

TheHulkster
What feats does Ethan have besides punching out Crusher Creel?

Combatwise, Hype does fight Hulk evenly. As far as environmental feats, he leads the pack.

StiltmanFTW
Steamrolling Avengers.

Adam Grimes
Combatwise, Hype does fight Hulk evenly. When

StiltmanFTW
Marvel NOW Avengers.

When Hulk was possessed, so not really fair.

Diesldude
Superman slaughters 10 out of 10

TheHulkster
Steamrolling Avengers.

That Avengers team consisted of Captain America, Spidey, Cage, Spider-Woman, Wolverine and Iron Man.

TheHulkster
https://imgur.com/a/hKLXLGR

What is this villain's name?

Adam Grimes
Colossus.

LordofBrooklyn
What feats does Ethan have besides punching out Crusher Creel?

Combatwise, Hype does fight Hulk evenly. As far as environmental feats, he leads the pack.

HYPERION DEFEATED HULK!!!

Stoic
Superman was getting work by Mongul, Zod, and Cyborg Superman. Without a sun dip he isn't winning this.

Stoic
https://imgur.com/a/hKLXLGR

What is this villain's name?

Pagan. He stomped a powerful team of Avengers.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Stoic
Pagan. He stomped a powerful team of Avengers.

Yep.

https://imgur.com/a/dpk61wT
https://imgur.com/a/U0PxB8f
https://imgur.com/a/INjXAhN

StiltmanFTW
That Avengers team consisted of Captain America, Spidey, Cage, Spider-Woman, Wolverine and Iron Man.

Yes.

Very solid line-up.

Better than anything BM or HickHype did.

TheHulkster
Yes.

Very solid line-up.

Five of those six are street level. BM fights a line-up consisting of Ironman, Danvers, Wonder Man, Ares and Sentry. That line up seems much more powerful.

I think that Ethan is top tier but with limited showings and mostly by a bad writer. Beating up on Creel is impressive but he's not beyond the other two.

zopzop
Steamrolling Avengers.
He was doing well vs the FF too. And according to the scientist that made Super Skrull, Ethan was supposed to be even more powerful than him.

Having said that, Ethan is probably the weakest guy in this thread and Superman wins.

LordofBrooklyn
Superman was getting work by Mongul, Zod, and Cyborg Superman. Without a sun dip he isn't winning this.

Everyone of the aforementioned opponents would beat their Marvel counterparts with ease!

StiltmanFTW
That line up seems much more powerful.

Raw power means shit.

Rulk raped that team and still got his ass handed to him by Wolverine.

Cap and Hawkeye stalled Carrion-controlled HickHype.

Carol and Wolverine destroyed Count Nefaria.

Stark and Logan hurt Glads.

And, fyi, New Avengers did stalemate Mighty Avengers.

Stoic
Yes.

Very solid line-up.

Thor alone would take that team down. Don't kid yourself.

Stoic
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Everyone of the aforementioned opponents would beat their Marvel counterparts with ease!

Stay away from the hard stuff.

StiltmanFTW
Don't make me laugh.

Thor was never a threat to anyone.

Stoic
Pagan would destroy that team. Thor when not holding back would destroy them as well. He would literally have to stand there doing nothing to lose to them. While we're on the subject, who beat Blue Marvel? Where are these low showings? As I recall, Wolverine was defeated with a pencil.

LordofBrooklyn
Stay away from the hard stuff.

WATCH YOUR TONE, GAMMITE!!!

Now, what have the Marvel characters done to surpass Mongol, Zod, and Cyborg Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Pagan would destroy that team. Thor when not holding back would destroy them as well. He would literally have to stand there doing nothing to lose to them. While we're on the subject, who beat Blue Marvel? Where are these low showings? As I recall, Wolverine was defeated with a pencil.

A knife, you mean. You should get your eyes checked.

In a non-canon comic, to boot.

Thor got humiliated by a noob street leveler who got punked in seconds by Old Man Steve w/o SSS.

Stay retarded, Stoic thumb up

MrMind

Thor got humiliated by a noob street leveler who got punked in seconds by Old Man Steve w/o SSS.

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
thumb up

I actually did a KMC search:

Imagine if Blade phucked him up like Nick Fury did when he stabbed him in the ear with a pencil? Wolverine isn't walking all over Blade folks. Sorry to break up the fantasy.

Not only he's bad enough to use non-canon evidence --- which is against our rules, but whatever --- he can't even tell a difference between a knife and a pencil.

-----
-----
Wolverine one-shotted Kallark's son with his damn finger, targeting his nerve cluster.

He stabbed Gladiator, who barely managed to get Logan off him after smashing through one building and falling into the other one.

Left Count Nefaria a bloody mess... in a single page.

Hell, even Ultimate Wolverine went toe to toe with Hyperion (who was reduced to half of his power, but still).

Stoic
I actually did a KMC search:

Not only he's bad enough to use non-canon evidence --- which is against our rules, but whatever --- he can't even tell a difference between a knife and a pencil.

-----
-----
Wolverine one-shotted Kallark's son with his damn finger, targeting his nerve cluster.

He stabbed Gladiator, who barely managed to get Logan off him after smashing through one building and falling into the other one.

Left Count Nefaria a bloody mess... in a single page.

Hell, even Ultimate Wolverine went toe to toe with Hyperion (who was reduced to half of his power, but still).

The sparring session against Nick Fury wasn't canon?

You're forever lowballing characters, but when others point out Wolverine's lows, or mediocre averages it doesn't count. I'm pretty certain that neither Blue Marvel, or Hyperion would have their hands filled with Creed. So you phucking useless drunk *******, when were these times that Blue Marvel had these low showings?

StiltmanFTW
The sparring session against Nick Fury wasn't canon?

No, it wasn't. It was Earth-58163.

Wolverine has destroyed Nick Fury in every canon encounter they have ever had.

Even when Fury had a one-sided prep.

You're forever lowballing characters, but when others point out Wolverine's lows, or mediocre averages it doesn't count. I'm pretty certain that neither Blue Marvel, or Hyperion would have their hands filled with Creed. So you phucking useless drunk *******, when were these times that Blue Marvel had these low showings?

But you haven't pointed out any of his lows yet.

You mentioned a non-canon showing and lied about it. Made a habit out of it, too.

Now since you see pencils everywhere, go and shove one up your dickhole or something.

Adam Grimes
Why are you asking for BM's low showings Stoic?

Let's assume he doesn't have any. What would that mean?

DarkSaint85
It means he can take on TOAA.

StiltmanFTW
Blue Marvel is a pretty sad character.

He's a cheap blaxploitation character, who is getting shoved down our throats the exact same way Sentry did.

He was created in 2008.

They want us to believe he's been a major player since 1950.

Sorry, it doesn't work like this. He has to earn our respect.

-Pr-
...Who is Ethan Edwards?

ilikecomics

He's a cheap blaxploitation character, who is getting shoved down our throats the exact same way Sentry did.

He was created in 2008.

It's like the comic book equivalent of euhemerization. Pretty cheap shit imo

ilikecomics
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Who is Ethan Edwards?

A super skrull who was a light parody of superman i.e. they mention the absurdity of glasses working as a secret identity etc.

-Pr-
I just looked him up and realised I read his introduction comic. Blast from the past indeed.

StiltmanFTW
...Who is Ethan Edwards?

Another Superman copy. But the one that tries to be more like Jesus.

Fan edit:

https://tinyurl.com/y75j2m72

StiltmanFTW
I just looked him up and realised I read his introduction comic. Blast from the past indeed.

So he is a "blast from the past"...

... but Blue Marvel (2008) is too fresh?

Same with Hickman's Hyperion, who appeared in 2013?

By our (rather special) standards, they are all old.

Adam Grimes
...Who is Ethan Edwards? The protagonist of Resident Evil 7. I think. thumb up

-Pr-
So he is a "blast from the past"...

... but Blue Marvel (2008) is too fresh?

Same with Hickman's Hyperion, who appeared in 2013?

By our (rather special) standards, they are all old.

Hey, I wasn't suggesting anything; Edwards was just the one name I didn't recognise was all.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The protagonist of Resident Evil 7. I think. thumb up

Never played it. Won't either.

StiltmanFTW
Hey, I wasn't suggesting anything; Edwards was just the one name I didn't recognise was all.

I figured.

I was surprised to see some downplay him because of the team he steamrolled.

As if Iron Man or Wolverine didn't have any "solo" showings against Superman copies.

The team Ethan stomped was by no means weak. It's ridiculous to assume so, especially since we like to focus on feats here, and few have better feats than Wolverine & Spidey... & Cap... & Iron Man...

We want to discuss handbook stats, we should do it somewhere else.

---
Merged Sentry and Amped Namor, maybe they could compare.

TheHulkster

He was created in 2008.

He was written as having retired in 1962. Thus, they want us to believe that he was active in the 50s but not "since". And the very limited number of appearances doesn't really equate to shoving him down our throats. The only established writer to push him is Ewing.

And I am curious as to how a conservative, patriotic, veteran, elderly genius professor equates to blaxploitation. Cage is a blaxploitation character. BM is a generic character who is far from the blaxploitation stereotype.

But what does any of this have to do with his power and formidability?

Stoic
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why are you asking for BM's low showings Stoic?

Let's assume he doesn't have any. What would that mean?

Claims were made, back them up. BM was shown to be elite top tier.

Pagan was shown to be capable of taking down a high herald in Thor. BM took Pagan down alone. Hulkster posted scans of Pagan that were all but phucking ignored by what appears to be a disease that hit this forum. Superman without a sun dip would lose to this team. If not he should remain banned from forum discussion because nothing can apparently defeat him, even though that is not what is portrayed in comics.

Stoic
No, it wasn't. It was Earth-58163.

Wolverine has destroyed Nick Fury in every canon encounter they have ever had.

Even when Fury had a one-sided prep.

But you haven't pointed out any of his lows yet.

You mentioned a non-canon showing and lied about it. Made a habit out of it, too.

Now since you see pencils everywhere, go and shove one up your dickhole or something.

Nick Fury, do you recall the scene idiot? Simple question.

StiltmanFTW
Like I said --- the only time Fury beat him is not canon to 616.

And he never used a pencil, something you're clearly fixated about.

Try trolling someplace else.

ilikecomics

Solution: fine it was a pencil, but it wasnt canon. Everyone wins.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

--
Fury is supposed to be pretty skilled, but he's still several tiers below the likes of Cap or Logan... he prepped against them and still got his ass handed to him.

Stoic would know that if he read comics.

ilikecomics
Everyone knows if you give nick fury a dixon Ticonderoga it is equivalent to giving dracula,or anybody for that matter, dual adamantium katanas.

StiltmanFTW
big grin

If only.

He's no Bullseye. He's no Heath Joker, even.

9jaboy

laughing out loud Man you're hilarious.

Stoic

Stilt, I didn't know that the scene wasn't canon. For you to be a rude, douche-baggish, prick about it is really weird. It's really not that big of a deal. Unless you know everything? Don't be that guy. That's actually the very definition of trolling, You should check yourself. I mean be more professional, and less grimy. Breaking it down with class my dude, Wolverine is a Hulkbuster. He hits well beyond Trans durability physical levels, which is due to his bone strength. This means that without PIS (Forum setting), Wolverine could, and would be able to cut body parts off of High Heralds not infused with protective cosmic power, and certain magics with ease. He has a healing factor that mitigates huge pecentages of damage making him a threat to any brawler. There's a huge list of characters that he could decapitate. We need proof though. How about a small list of characters that he could cut body parts off of?

Marvel vs DC showing him winning a fight with Lobo could easily happen. Nothing stops him from cutting his limbs off, or/and his head.

He cut Thanos. Which means that he'd be able to score heavy damage on guys like Zod, Gladiator, Thor, Blue Marvel, Darkseid avatars, Mongul, Count Nefaria, Supreme, Lobo, Orion, Majestic, Colossus, Mon-El, Wonder Man, Hyperion, Zeus, Doomsday, etc. The list is long. How does that make Count Nefaria, or Gladiator any different from the rest, and what are you trying to prove?

On the other hand, there are times that none of that matters if these guys from a forum starting distance were to pick up state sized objects and threw them at him. I mean what's he going to do if Nefaria flew 100 ft up and heat visioned the flesh off of him? What I mentioned wasn't canon, which I honestly did not know. Honest mistake. However, what you're holding onto is PIS alone. Can you see it? Wolverine depends on being within striking distance. Many of the guys that I mentioned, never have to get within that striking range in a natural on planet environment.

Putting things into proper perspective, your opinion of the combatants in this thread is skewed and completely inaccurate. Hopefully you'll begin posting on a serious level that shows the full potential of characters, instead the hard core cherry picking that leads to the Air head response of stomps, or eats him, while altogether dismissing anything pertinent to their highs. Only an unthinking moron or dishonest agenda hound would agree with you.

Blue Marvel legitimately defeated King Hyperion. The fight that took place on panel is also not the way it would play out in a forum setting. All of the plot would be removed. They would be ready to fight, all time for talk would be over, and they would fight. So there would be no "Sneak" attack sucker punching.

It was shown that Blue Marvel was able to rise from at the most a stunned condition from King Hyperion's assault.

King Hyperion on the other hand was overcome by the Blue Marvel's assault, and was not able to rise. It was a legitimate KO. Was that canon Stilt?

I read a claim that the Juggernaut was weakened when he fought King Hyperion. How could that be true when he was able to topple a 300 - 400 ton Godzilla sized monster at that time?

Keeping in mind that the Blue Marvel was able to effortlessly move an asteroid the size of a state, which means that Cain was operating at High Herald levels when he defeated King Hyperion.

Pagan walked all over a powerful team of Avengers. Adam dealt with him solo. But he has to prove it. WTF??? Like I said, you should check yourself.

On average, without a sun dip this team could take Superman down. We are not talking about sun dipped Superman per OP.

DarkSaint85
Stilt is being a dick to Stoic. Warned thumb up

MrMind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Stilt TRIGGERED Stoic. Warned thumb up

ftfy

ilikecomics
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Stilt is being a dick to Stoic. Warned thumb up

Careful bazie marc will come get you with a pencil for back seat modding smokin'

Stoic
What is blaxploitation? How is Blue Marvel any different than any other super hero that can fly, is super durable, super strong, and possess a wide variety of innate abilities? I'm sure that you can think of several in every comic company, or anime film that fit the description.

-Pr-
I figured.

I was surprised to see some downplay him because of the team he steamrolled.

As if Iron Man or Wolverine didn't have any "solo" showings against Superman copies.

The team Ethan stomped was by no means weak. It's ridiculous to assume so, especially since we like to focus on feats here, and few have better feats than Wolverine & Spidey... & Cap... & Iron Man...

We want to discuss handbook stats, we should do it somewhere else.

---
Merged Sentry and Amped Namor, maybe they could compare.

I looked him up. He did all right against the F4 and Avengers.

No idea how he'd do against Superman though.

Stoic
Is it because Blue Marvel is black Stilt? Seems that way from reading your rant. I mean every Kandorian, Daxamite, Strontium, all of the Hyperion's, the Shazm family, etc are analogues of Superman, while Blue Marvel's powers are actually closer to Captain Atoms than Superman's. Shit, even Wonder Man is a clone, but because he's black, it becomes Blaxploitation? What are you saying here Stilt? Is this a cultural thing for you?

StiltmanFTW
I looked him up. He did all right against the F4 and Avengers.

thumb up

And he performed better against Bendispower Cage than Nefaria, who just got punched in the face and while he was far from being done, he never retaliated.

No idea how he'd do against Superman though.

That's exactly why he has two other supes clones backing him up.

The last thread made it pretty clear that two clones ain't enough, to my disappointed. And you can imagine how much I'd love to side with Marvel supporters on this one.

StiltmanFTW
Is it because Blue Marvel is black Stilt? Seems that way from reading your rant.

No. It's not about the race.

But feel free to derail the thread even further, maybe you'll disappear like marwash did. If we are that lucky.

I mean every Kandorian, Daxamite, Strontium, all of the Hyperion's, the Shazm family, etc are analogues of Superman, while Blue Marvel's powers are actually closer to Captain Atoms than Superman's. Shit, even Wonder Man is a clone, but because he's black, it becomes Blaxploitation? What are you saying here Stilt? Is this a cultural thing for you?

It's Strontian, not strontium which is the chemical element irl.

The way Blue Marvel got introduced was lame.

He's a part of the Marvel Universe now and he does have a decent starter pack feat catalogue, but he needs more than that, if we are to treat him seriously, that is.

Stoic
Oh so this isn't about ethnicity? Blaxploitation... That was the word you used. His intro fell in line with the time. Racist America being what it was. Seemed spot on from where I stood. Whoops typo. Not to be overly pedantic or anything right Stilt?

StiltmanFTW
That's the word I used.

I'm not from your continent and I already expressed my opinion on George Floyd's murder.

Seeing me as your enemy is a classic example of a paranoid behaviour.

ilikecomics
Im paranoid that the superclones are gonna limp after this

MrMind
That's the word I used.

I'm not from your continent and I already expressed my opinion on George Floyd's murder.

Seeing me as your enemy is a classic example of a paranoid behaviour.

how dare you not giving blue marvel an auto win based on his skin color

racist!

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I need to crucify myself... thumb up

ilikecomics
At least some auto flagellation, to be on the right side of history.

celeyhyga17
Ya'll need some punani.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.