Star Wars Stories or New Trilogies? Poll time!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Which do you prefer?

And which ones do you wish Disney kept making?

Ridley_Prime
I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone at this point who'd say or vote for another trilogy unjokingly/unironically.

StiltmanFTW
I can think of a certain someone... big grin

Raptor22
If by stories u mean the old "legends" stuff then id defiantly go with that.

Outside of the old films the legends comics and novels are where the best stories and characters come from imho.

Even a good portion of some of best canon comes from those stories.

Dathomir and the witches came from the Courtship of Princess Leia novel

Thrawn came from the Heir to the Empire novel

Mortis, the Father, son and daughter originated in the Dark Nest Trilogy iirc

The Dark Horse comics setting so much of the ground work for the lore of the ancient sith/jedi.

I might sound like an old dude but I loved that shit, i miss it and i wish the stories would return.

quanchi112
Trilogies though I would be fine with either.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Raptor22
If by stories u mean the old "legends" stuff then id defiantly go with that.

No.

I mean "A Star Wars Story" anthology movies.

Rogue One and Solo, we've gotten so far.

So. Movies vs. movies. Both series from the current canon.

--
What you want to discuss is perfect for the Star Wars section of this forum, although it's been done to death, I believe.

-Pr-
The "stories" allow for a broadening of Star Wars universe in a way I just don't see trilogies doing. And the universe needs to be expanded.

So stories.

BruceSkywalker
i can see them doing "a star wars story" stuff for disney plus unless they feel it will do better on the big screen..

new trilogies will happen as well...

Impediment

Khazra Reborn

jaden_2.0
Long form

The best coming out of Star Wars recently is The Mandalorian and Clone Wars.

Preferably live action.

quanchi112
I want more Disney Star Wars films in general. Disney Star Wars is far greater than Fox era by a country mile. I do want outside of the Skywalker era films pretty badly. They gave me Kylo Ren the most powerful Skywalker by far and ended the story so best to move on.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
I want more Disney Star Wars films in general. Disney Star Wars is far greater than Fox era by a country mile. I do want outside of the Skywalker era films pretty badly. They gave me Kylo Ren the most powerful Skywalker by far and ended the story so best to move on.

Skywalkers are done.... they'll do new characters for next trilogy

Darth Thor
Yeah Disney destroyed the Skywalkers.

They should stick to the Star Wars Story films which were actually pretty good.

playa1258
Looking forward to the Black Transgender force user with universe destroying power in upcoming films.

steverules_2

StiltmanFTW
No.

While Rebels episode aired before Solo, Solo is taking place before Rebels.

steverules_2
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No.

While Rebels episode aired before Solo, Solo is taking place before Rebels.

Ah right, well still feels unnecessary tbh

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
Ah right, well still feels unnecessary tbh

It does... especially now that they don't want to make more anthology films and cancelled earlier projects.

As for Maul, he already got more than enough time to shine, including the most recent Clone Wars season.

Ridley_Prime
I liked where it was going with the Maul appearance and Crimson Dawn, but since the film flopped due to the bad timing, we likely won't ever see what it was leading up to anyway. So yeah, RIP.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Skywalkers are done.... they'll do new characters for next trilogy Yes, they ended it. Kylo was so damn powerful it was a great idea to let the Skywalkers end.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I liked where it was going with the Maul appearance and Crimson Dawn, but since the film flopped due to the bad timing, we likely won't ever see what it was leading up to anyway. So yeah, RIP. Could see more Maul in a Disney plus live action series down the road. You never know. I loved his appearance in solo.

BruceSkywalker
It does... especially now that they don't want to make more anthology films and cancelled earlier projects.

As for Maul, he already got more than enough time to shine, including the most recent Clone Wars season.

maul might get his own disney plus series

Yes, they ended it. Kylo was so damn powerful it was a great idea to let the Skywalkers end.

im not sure what new characters there will be but i am gonna look forward to it..

quanchi112
maul might get his own disney plus series

im not sure what new characters there will be but i am gonna look forward to it.. Want a Star Wars film ever year but I do want it well outside the eras we have seen. Even though I favor the NT the most interesting era was the prequels since it was so different from the other two. High republic or old republic sound fascinating.

BruceSkywalker
Want a Star Wars film ever year but I do want it well outside the eras we have seen. Even though I favor the NT the most interesting era was the prequels since it was so different from the other two. High republic or old republic sound fascinating.

a star wars film every two years would be better so you don't over saturate.. it can do do well especially if i suspect who might take over lucasfilm... im looking forward to reading all the high republic novels and comics, however i don't think they will do high republic shows/movies

quanchi112
a star wars film every two years would be better so you don't over saturate.. it can do do well especially if i suspect who might take over lucasfilm... im looking forward to reading all the high republic novels and comics, however i don't think they will do high republic shows/movies I do not believe in over saturation look at the MCU. If you do something well you can keep doing it. I do believe Lucasfilm needs different leadership and a clear plan going forward.

BruceSkywalker
I do not believe in over saturation look at the MCU. If you do something well you can keep doing it. I do believe Lucasfilm needs different leadership and a clear plan going forward.

i would agree but star wars isn't the mcu .. star wars NEEDS better leadership at the top... maybe if feige or favreau somehow took over

quanchi112
i would agree but star wars isn't the mcu .. star wars NEEDS better leadership at the top... maybe if feige or favreau somehow took over Only reason it is not is due to its leadership and the directors Feige selected to tell their stories. No franchise has been more saturated so same holds true for any franchise going forward. It is possible just very difficult.

BruceSkywalker
Only reason it is not is due to its leadership and the directors Feige selected to tell their stories. No franchise has been more saturated so same holds true for any franchise going forward. It is possible just very difficult.

IF Feige or Favreau took over from Kathy then Star Wars would be much better then it already is

quanchi112
IF Feige or Favreau took over from Kathy then Star Wars would be much better then it already is I think it is a matter of time before someone else gets the reins.

StiltmanFTW
Feige is awesome, but he can't be everywhere at once.

BruceSkywalker
I think it is a matter of time before someone else gets the reins.

should be sometime next year...

Feige is awesome, but he can't be everywhere at once.

he can, he has the time stone big grin big grin

WolvesofBabylon
R1 is the best of new generation Star Wars. If you can toss Mandolrian in there. Those two projects blow the New Trilogy out of the water. If it wasn't for Phantom Menace the New Trilogy would rank 7,8,9 in my opinion.

quanchi112
Feige is awesome, but he can't be everywhere at once. thumb up

It is going to be next to impossible to ever outdeliver IW and EG too. Second time you lend on the moon is not the same. I know comic lovers will love it but to grip the entire world is pretty difficult.

BruceSkywalker
i can see disney plus being an outlit for a star wars cinematic universe next year since there is a star wars flml in 2022

Flyattractor
R1 was Boring and Predictable.

I don't see why some think its NOT.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
R1 was Boring and Predictable.

I don't see why some think its NOT. Who cares what you think.

SquallX

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.