Spider-man: Miles Morales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Y2ejLlMIz7A

Looks great! Though tbh, I don't know much about Miles' rogues gallery. Hopefully they're good enough to carry the game.

Ridley_Prime
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

Smasandian
Hahaha, thought so. The first game was OK but nothing special. More of that is not something I have any interest in playing.

Man, I think this might one of the worst launch lineups in any generation.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hahaha, thought so. The first game was OK but nothing special. More of that is not something I have any interest in playing.

Man, I think this might one of the worst launch lineups in any generation. I disagree. Demon Souls, RE8, and Hitman 3 are more than enough to blow me away. Horizon 2 also looks dope.

I will say though, that it's kind of lame they passed off this expansion as some big new PS5 entry during that stream. They should have came out right there and said it wasn't a full game. :/

Smasandian
Those games are not the launch lineup.

RE8 is coming 2021 (assume late 2021 and on all platforms)
Demon Souls has no release date (cant find it)
Hitman 3 is being released in Jan 2021...and its multi-plat (assuming)

Horizon 2 is not a launch title at all and maybe coming 2 years from now.

So at this moment, the launch lineup for PS5 is a remastered version of Spiderman with DLC....and Arkane's Deathloop...which is a timed exclusive (which is bullshit by the way)

Khazra Reborn
So... Am I reading this right? this going to be an expansion added to a PS5 re-release of the 2018 game?

Smasandian
Sony said it was a standalone game. This will be similar to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

It doesn't help that Sony has terrible messaging regarding this game. The stream showed it as the sequel to Spiderman...and then it's basically DLC for a remaster.
A bit confusing.

-Pr-
The lack of a 2 and a Miles Morales tagline was clear enough for me. shrug

ares834
How? Plenty of games don't number their sequels and use taglines instead.

Anyway, it likely was deliberately vague to build up more hype.

ares834

Man, I think this might one of the worst launch lineups in any generation.

It's pretty underwhelming. Not to mention the console looks terrible. You need a very certain aesthetic to your living room to not make the PS5 stand out like a sore thumb. I have no clue what they were thinking.

Smasandian
It looks like an Alienware PC.
I'm not sure why people are saying Sony knocked it out the park. It was OK...it got better at the end but it' was underwhelming for sure.
Aside from the new Ratchet game, I didn't see anythign that suggest the SSD is going to be a radical change.

It also sucks that Sony is still doing timed exclusives. It's a shitty anti-consumer move.

It also sucked that there was no clarification of backwards compatibilte, price, other console features (or maybe I missed it)...like I get it...its about the games but this is a new console so I would like to know a bit about it.

And yes, looking back, it does seem the Spiderman game was a standalone offshoot but the announcement was vague. Both the new Resident Evil and Horizon titles are not labelled as their respective sequel numbers. It's in the logo but it's not unheard of a sequel use a tagline instead of number.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834
How? Plenty of games don't number their sequels and use taglines instead.

Anyway, it likely was deliberately vague to build up more hype.

There was also the release date, which is sooner than I would have expected the sequel to be coming out. Was my bad not mentioning that.

It looks like an Alienware PC.
I'm not sure why people are saying Sony knocked it out the park. It was OK...it got better at the end but it' was underwhelming for sure.
Aside from the new Ratchet game, I didn't see anythign that suggest the SSD is going to be a radical change.

It also sucks that Sony is still doing timed exclusives. It's a shitty anti-consumer move.

It also sucked that there was no clarification of backwards compatibilte, price, other console features (or maybe I missed it)...like I get it...its about the games but this is a new console so I would like to know a bit about it.

And yes, looking back, it does seem the Spiderman game was a standalone offshoot but the announcement was vague. Both the new Resident Evil and Horizon titles are not labelled as their respective sequel numbers. It's in the logo but it's not unheard of a sequel use a tagline instead of number.

If they're not talking out of their ass, the new SSD could be a huge shift the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time.

But then again, it could be the usual bluster.

Smasandian
That's the thing..we do not know for sure. It could be very impressive but I don't think it's going to be something that big.

The problem though is it will only affect 1st party titles....because third party developer will not be able to take full advantage of it unless they make two versions of the game.

And people in the public domain are saying"oh MS is ****ed....." but its not like the Series X has 5400 RPM drive. It has an insanely fast drive as well.

But what I have been reading is we won't see situations where the character moves between planks to hide loading screens...and I get it..that kind of sucks but I don't know if its going to blow up into new exicting situations.

-Pr-
If everything they're saying is true (and obviously, we don't know that it is), I don't see the "two versions of each game" thing being a reality. You can give a game the capability to take advantage of better tech without having to rebuild it from the ground up.

Kazenji
Yeah the game is a standalone game, Similar to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Smasandian
Originally posted by -Pr-
If everything they're saying is true (and obviously, we don't know that it is), I don't see the "two versions of each game" thing being a reality. You can give a game the capability to take advantage of better tech without having to rebuild it from the ground up.

For sure, in most cases. But according to people, it's such a leap...something they haven't seen in 20 years and etc and it going to change how they make games.

It's suppose to be able to stream assets quickly enough without needing loading areas/screens or masking loading areas with scripted events. If that'sso, they will need to make a version where slower storage devices can load.

If they don't then how groundbreaking can it be.

-Pr-
For sure, in most cases. But according to people, it's such a leap...something they haven't seen in 20 years and etc and it going to change how they make games.

It's suppose to be able to stream assets quickly enough without needing loading areas/screens or masking loading areas with scripted events. If that'sso, they will need to make a version where slower storage devices can load.

If they don't then how groundbreaking can it be.

Stuff like that is usually handled on the hardware side of things, though, not the software side. It'll be up to the console architecture to do all the heavy lifting. the game assets themselves just have to be provided.

Smasandian
For loading games and etc..for sure.

But what people are talking about...that would need to be programmed in.
For instance, the Ratchet and Clank game they showed...without knowing what happened in the background but the theory is that those portals instantly loaded in the other map quickly enough. If a third party developer did that...they would need to rely on other methods to load those assets.

Arachnid1
yqfN2KljA3Q

Smasandian
Meh, I thought Spiderman was overrated and this seems more of the same.

BackFire
Looks like an expansion pack of the first Spiderman game.

Smasandian
I just read this will also be a PS4 game....which is a good thing. And slightly hilarious considering the shit fans were giving to Microsoft for promoting their Xbox Smart Delivery feature. "oh...you are not using the new console to its full potential..."

BackFire
Horizon 2 will also be coming out for PS4.

Smasandian
Hahaha.. I saw that too..

Oh it's funny...good thing for consumers though.

Impediment
I just finished the main campaign 100%.

This was a short, but very satisfying sequel.

I plan to play again on NG+ Ultimate mode.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment
I just finished the main campaign 100%.

This was a short, but very satisfying sequel.

I plan to play again on NG+ Ultimate mode.

My one glaring issue is Finn's death. It was so easily avoidable. She could've just jumped with Miles and let him go and pushed off back toward the ground. I understand the story needed weight and that similarity to Pete's arc with Doc Ock, but seeing all these issues come from simple miscommunication and lack of concentrated thought on situations made me face palm a few times. Spider-Men are just not allowed to be happy I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.