Who benefitted more, and who was most damaged by Canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior

Darthadi
Vader fought Ahsoka. I would say that's a powerful opponent.

Galan007
Luke's got some of the best and worst of it. The ST films took a massive, steamy shit on him, but the supplementary material set before the films has wanked the bejesus out of him.

But Vader has received the most wank in canon, far and away:
-No loss of potential after sustaining his injuries.
-Power that only increased after RotS.
-Saber skill greater than even Palpatine.
etc.

Zenwolf
As I'm not really following much of the New Canon, mine is really only gonna be those who haven't improved/become worse off.

Damaged

Boba/Jango= No longer Mandalorian and thus far have been....ehhh...especially Jango who's only real great feat thus far is 'fighting' Obi-Wan, if that.

The Jedi= I mostly blame TCW for this, the Jedi just haven't been impessive apart from the handful of showings we do see and it's mostly involving the main characters(IE: Anakin mostly), I'm not asking for any crazy feats, but even those for the most part I'm recalling that they just seem underwhelming.

ARC Troopers= HA! What a laugh these guys are...

The Inquisitorius= I am really sad that these are the Inquisitors that most people are gonna know now. I find them...kinda bland, they all pretty much wear the same attire, using the same lightsaber apart from the 10th Bro for some reason.

The Mandalorians= ....They became pacifists...enough said.

Derek Hobbie Klivian = They killed him at the Battle of Hoth....

Han Solo= What I've seen of him...no...the guy even got outdrawn by a damn drunk....a drunk.

Stormtroopers/Imperial Army Troopers/GE as a whole= ....Thank you Rebels.....thanks for going with the stupid memes/ignorance and making it Canon. Thanks for doing away one of the aspects that made the GE unique compared to the other factions by getting rid of their 3rd branch.

The TIE Defender= Well...let's make this awesome fighter annnnnnd...it's gone. Again, thanks Rebels for taking one of the most awesome starfighters within SW and have it only be in like...3 episodes..

Galan007
At least they're finally starting to do more with Boba in the comics(and possibly in The Mandalorian.) I was getting worried that they weren't going to touch on him at all.

Agree about the Inquisitors. I actually like them for the most part, but they're a pale shadow of what they were in Legends.

juggernaut74
Does Boba have any good feats/accolades since Disney took over?

Galan007
He's got a couple, but he's only appeared in a handful of comics since 2014.

Zenwolf
Speaking of BH...Dengar, my poor boy...they turned him into some kind of horrific monster.

Oh and Sidious, or at least I guess post-ROTJ..

Galan007
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Speaking of BH...Dengar, my poor boy...they turned him into some kind of horrific monster. Heh, I was wondering if anyone else picked up on that.

The implication in the RoS VD is that Dengar = the cybernetic mutant Rothgar Deng:
https://i.imgur.com/IH2snW9.jpg

Lol. Poor guy...

Unbowed
Are we talking strictly in terms of power levels?

Because while he suffered some PIS defeats, TCW and Rebels made Maul one of the best and most compelling villains in the franchise.

Zenwolf

Darthadi
I mean, Dengar appeared in TCW and he didn't look like that at all.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darthadi
I mean, Dengar appeared in TCW and he didn't look like that at all.

That was before he underwent all of what you see above, that's how he appears later on.

Galan007

Sheev
If rudimentary black market science can extend someone's life like that, then why in the hell was Sidious, with his almost unlimited resources, ever worried about dying? confused

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Oh was it confirmed? Nice.

I dunno if I'd call that....nice. But yeah...or at least I'm pretty sure it was confirmed, though I can't recall the source.

Also @Sheev...who knows, oh wait...it just wasn't thought out properly!

Oh, oh! Let's not forget Shaak Ti as being utterly ruined as a character..

Also Admiral Ackbar! He was a fantastic character, he wasn't just a meme like many only seem to know him nowadays...quite sad.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
If rudimentary black market science can extend someone's life like that, then why in the hell was Sidious, with his almost unlimited resources, ever worried about dying? confused Because the guys who found a way to extend their lives through tech/science(like Dengar, and on a much greater level, Cylo) could still be killed.

Palpatine wasn't just interested in prolonging his life. His goal was to become fully immortal and effectively unkillable.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Oh, oh! Let's not forget Shaak Ti as being utterly ruined as a character.. Forgot all about Shaak Ti. She's probably in the top 5 worst, tbh.

The 'reasoning' for her death in canon is absolutely f*cking pathetic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.