Shotguns against force users

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior

REXXXX
I always reasoned that Force-users could at least redirect the path of the projectiles enough to miss, depending on their capability with telekinesis. I remember finding it unlikely that Kyle Katarn could Force Push flechette in Jedi Outcast, but that's video game mechanics for you.

Zenwolf

S_W_LeGenD
Some Jedi could swing their lightsaber so fast that it would create a blur effect for naked eyes, and these would be capable of nullifying shotgun shells with a lightsaber even at close proximity. Jedi also have Force powers to facilitate them in these matters.

relentless1
they'd be able to stop the pellets similar to Neo stopping bullets at the end of the Matrix, unless there's multiple shooters then they may be overwhelmed

StiltmanFTW
Katarn could block Golan Arms' FC-1 flechette launcher with his saber just fine in Legends.

Just saying.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Katarn could block Golan Arms' FC-1 flechette launcher with his saber just fine in Legends.

Just saying.

I recall Jaden being able to do that too, also your bog standard Dark Jedi/NJO Jedi could do it in the game as well.

REXXXX
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Just saying.

Indeed, I forgot that the block function still applied there.

Tzeentch
Shotguns were used to great effect against two jedi masters in Dark Rendezvous. The reason for why you don't see them be used against Jedi more often is because it would be boring to see Jedi get mowed down by grunts- Jedi are usually the heroes and Star Wars revolves around the drama of heroes. So instead everyone fights jedi in the least efficient way possible: standing 20 feet away, firing from the hip with semi-automatic rifles and making no effort to create distance between them and the force user.

Also, shotguns firing blaster bolts instead of bullets would get around the "Jedi just catch them with the force" tactic quite easily. Any sort of blaster volley-gun or shotgun would be a highly effective anti-Jedi tool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.