Darth Nihilus and the Ancient Sith - A big misinterpretation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lDarth Nihilusl

lDarth Nihilusl

The Merchant
My interpretation of Traya comparing Nihilus and the Ancient Sith is she is taking into account all the extremely powerful dark side objects that the Ancients had such as Naga Sadows Sith battleship the Corsair which had immense dark side energies powerful enough to cause stars to go supernova and rip out the core of stars. You also had Sadows Meditiation Sphere, with it Sadow nearly toppled the Republic in a day thanks to being able to increase his invading fleet to make it appear as though there were 10x as more forces than he actually had.

Then you factor into the rituals the ancient Sith were capable of doing that could obliterate the surface of a planet as well then it becomes more clear Traya probably is referring to things like that over an Ancient Siths personal power. Would be ridiculous to say that Ludo Kressh could defeat Nihilus or rival him in power as an example...

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Interesting take, but the blog's take is just as valid.

"I fear he may even rival some of the ancient Sith." - can be easily attributed to Tenebrae's exploits on his homeworld Medriaas.

https://i.ibb.co/6JCT3p6/Sith-Masters-of-Darkness.png

Lord Vitiate returned to his homeworld while rest of the Sith Empire waged the Great Hyperspace War against the Republic. When the hasty Sith offensive ended in failure, the Empire collapsed - but Lord Vitiate was stronger than ever. He bid every surviving Sith to unite or die at the hands of Jedi. Eight thousand Sith Lords gathered on Medriaas and agreed to partake in a ritual that would bind the Sith together as an ultimate dark side weapon.

The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Mediraas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. When the ritual ended, Lord Vitiate emerged as the only survivor. The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries. The lifeless planet of Mediraas became a void in the Force and was erased from history. From that moment forward, the world would forever be known as Nathema, birthplace of the one and only Sith Emperor.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

+

The Emperor had consumed everything. Life, sound, color, even the Force - nothing remained. This wasn't about conquest or domination or destroying an enemy - all concepts Scourge embraced.

Everything on Nathema had simply been snuffed out, extinguished so completely that it ceased to have any meaning or purpose. It was a vacuum of existence; a blight on the natural order.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

One of the most terrifying developments without any doubt.

Related information in the following blog: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...n-2020-/105050/

NATHEMA is familiar theme vis-a-vis Darth Nihilus's implied characteristic and exploits that other developments.

lDarth Nihilusl
Originally posted by The Merchant
My interpretation of Traya comparing Nihilus and the Ancient Sith is she is taking into account all the extremely powerful dark side objects that the Ancients had such as Naga Sadows Sith battleship the Corsair which had immense dark side energies powerful enough to cause stars to go supernova and rip out the core of stars. You also had Sadows Meditiation Sphere, with it Sadow nearly toppled the Republic in a day thanks to being able to increase his invading fleet to make it appear as though there were 10x as more forces than he actually had.

Then you factor into the rituals the ancient Sith were capable of doing that could obliterate the surface of a planet as well then it becomes more clear Traya probably is referring to things like that over an Ancient Siths personal power. Would be ridiculous to say that Ludo Kressh could defeat Nihilus or rival him in power as an example...

Now the rituals could easily be attributed/compared to Nihilus by Kreia due to their planet draining but I don't really understand how your first paragraph could be attributed to Nihilus. What did you mean?

The Merchant
I mean that in time Nihilus basically would become this OP star busting monster who can topple galactic civilizations in a day like Sadow nearly did with his sphere and Corsair.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Merchant
I mean that in time Nihilus basically would become this OP star busting monster who can topple galactic civilizations in a day like Sadow nearly did with his sphere and Corsair.

But Sadow and all the past dark lords are gone. It is(more) logical that Kreia alluded to Tenebrae.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.