Yoda's power in the OT?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Seems like the consensus is that ROTS was pretty much Yoda's peak.

But is there any info regarding his power in ESB and ROTJ? Did he only decline in those 20-ish years or was he still immensely powerful?

Canon or Legends info is fine.

lDarth Nihilusl
I think he got weaker due to age eventually and so his physical condition worsened since ROTS.

Total Warrior
Yeah, he also likely stopped training, so his saber skills probably deteriorated a lot

Galan007
Yoda didn't have his lightsaber when he exiled himself to Dagobah(it was taken/destroyed by the Empire after his fight with Palpatine), so saber training was definitely out.

The only training Yoda likely did was furthering his own connection to the Force -- but he still deteriorated significantly over the years. By the time of RotJ, it was stated that Yoda had resorted to prolonging his life with the Force(so that he could stay alive long enough to give some final words of wisdom to Luke), and was circling the drain hard. Even as of ESB it was made clear that Yoda's age had caught up to him.

Eli Vanto
So what level would you guys say ESB Yoda was at? Still weaker than ROTS or??

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
So what level would you guys say ESB Yoda was at? Still weaker than ROTS or??

Significantly weaker than RotS. Sub-ESB Vader.

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by Underachiever59
Significantly weaker than RotS. Sub-ESB Vader. What sources confirm this?

Underachiever59

Darth Thor
Lol well Yoda not being a real Jedi or any good at fighting is clearly outdated.

Seems Lucas had him as a more of a Maz type when he made Empire.

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
What sources confirm this?

A bit strange- you seemed as though you asked for peoples opinion on the matter, but then when they gave it you asked for sources for confirmation.

Eli Vanto
Well obviously I would hope the opinions are rooted in fact. Hence me asking for sources stating ROTS Yoda>ESB Yoda.

Darth Thor
Oh I thought you were asking for proof ESB Yoda < ESB Vader.

Galan007
I'm not really sure where Yoda was at during ESB... In canon, at least.

I would assume he had physically deteriorated, given that he was just a few years away from death and no longer even had a saber to practice with... But much like Kenobi, you could argue that his spiritual enlightenment and overall connection to the Force had never been stronger. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.