Why one should (And should not) hate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Here's my philosophy on why you'd hate someone.

Lets say you're in a war. You're trying to kill someone, and someones trying to kill you. Should you hate them for it?

Why? He's just doing his job, the same as you. Why hate them for it?

It would be different if you're sitting there minding your own business, and someone caps you, for no reason.

People throw around the word "hate" so much, but what is hate? What are you saying, when you claim you hate someone?

In my opinion, you're saying you'd never wrong someone like they're wronging you. Your outrage, is based on a self image of being a good guy. We all want to be good, no one wants to be an *******.

Someone steals from you, you're pissed because you can't imagine why someone would want to steal from anyone. It just makes no sense to you, that anyone could want to wrong someone else, in this way.

But say you're a car thief, and someone jacks your car. You gonna be angry about it, with all the people you ripped off?

Or are you going to laugh about it, say "Got me good", and just steal another car?

Wonder Man
Even elephants have graveyards.

zerobstacles
Hijacking and hate are two different things impossible to compare.

rudester
Anal always anal. What was your question btw?

Blakemore
I hate bullies; I think everyone hates bullies.

RegisteredFileO
zmCwPOjQNTw

Epicurus

SquallX

Epicurus

ilikecomics
Hatred is a useful tool to keep cultures separate, but equal imo.

It's a fence you'd ask evolution why it placed it there, before moving to tear it down.

Klaw
I hate lots of people and ideologies.

Blakemore
Hate the ideology, not the person. thumb up

Klaw
Nah.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Blakemore

Darth Thor

Even the ideology can be put down intellectually. Nothing wrong with a good war of ideas.

Being overconsumed with hate though generally isn't good for the soul, and is bound to filter off into hatred towards the persons of said ideology.

Blakemore

Darth Thor
Dislike the ideology. Save the hate for extreme circumstances. Always have hope for the people thumb up

Blakemore
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.