The ST being retconned??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
These are just UNCONFIRMED rumors right now, but thought it was interesting.

It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."

Regarding how they are going to undo the Disney Star Wars sequels, it involves The Emperor:

Emperor Palpatine had a room on the second Death Star called The Room of Mirrors. The mirrors were created by The Emperor prior to the Death Star through the Dark Side using ancient Sith rituals. These mirrors linked to the Veil of The Force served many purposes. Using them, Palpatine could manipulate The Force in many ways to further his aims. For example, the use of the mirrors allowed Palpatine to cloud the Jedi Council to conceal himself and his dark apprentices from the Jedi and from Force-sensitives that followed their fall.

Using the mirrors allowed Palpatine to access the awesome powers of the Veil of The Force. They were indispensable tools that allowed him to rise to the pinnacle of ultimate power. It is this conceit that explains how Palpatine survived Darth Vader throwing him down the shaft in the throne room of the Death Star. In desperation as he fell, Palpatine opened a portal to the Veil of The Force and entered it. This explains why Palpatine is in such a damaged state in the Rise of Skywalker, as transporting himself into the Veil without the aid of the mirrors drained him and damaged him severely.

But The Emperor created a second set of mirrors on Exegol that allowed him to escape where he plotted the rise of the Empire.

Regarding how things will be reset, it's explained that all one has to do is go into the Veil of Mirrors and wait for Palpatine to enter, as the Veil is "a mystical dimension where in all times collide," which will cause the Disney Star Wars trilogy to "consign to its own alternate timeline forever" as "Palpatine enters the Veil and never gets back to Exegol."

" is prevented from using the mirrors to return, he dies as he was intended to , and and all our problems are solved."

So since The Emperor never survives, that means the events from Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker never comes to pass in the George Lucas timeline.

"No Disney sequel trilogy, Han doesn't walk stupidly into a lightsaber, Leia doesn't fly like Mary Poppins through space, Luke has nothing to run away from and consumes no green milk, and I am informed there will be no amazing 'wonder Rey' as she was born after The Emperor's death," says Doomcock who notes the particulars are still getting worked on, but that the plan will "retcon the Sequel Trilogy out of our misery and restore freedom to George Lucas' galaxy."

Proof that this may be happening is a scene that was included in Rise of Skywalker which featured Rey confronting her Dark Side self, where mirrors can be seen in the background. It's said it's unknown if Abrams knew what the scene was about, but it "demonstrates the plausibility of this rumor."

The scene features broken mirrors, where one mirror is still intact which the Dark Side Rey emerges from.
https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi

Thoughts???

Zenwolf
Yeah that would just be the worse thing that they could do. Cause then it just shows that they won't stick to what they make and could just throw it away at a moment's notice.

Granted that kinda does already happen with the retcons/changes and whatever that are already going on, but still. They should just stick with what they did, no matter how poorly that was and move on, otherwise no one is going to take any of this seriously.

Also the mirrors just sound really stupid. He had them this whole time as far back as the PT which clouded the Jedi? Well that just drastically reduced his power. Who knows what else these mirrors can do, are they now amplifying him too and that all one needs to do is destroy them?

If he has these mirrors for that long and they could be used in such a way to see everything, then how the hell did Palpatine lose?

No...no, let's hope not for this. The mirrors are just mirrors, that Dark Rey was just some vision thing, it's not anything connected to a bigger thing.

"Hey let's just throw anything we don't like or screw up royally, by using these mirrors!"

I mean does anyone realize how stupid that sounds?

Darthadi
I'm 100% sure this is BS

Galan007
I could see them altering or expanding on a few things by way of TWBW, but I don't see them outright scrapping the entire ST.

Also, that description makes it sound like those "mirrors" allowed Palpatine to directly access TWBW... Something he explicitly could not do on his own as of Rebels. If he had that kind of power, he would have been literally unstoppable.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
I could see them altering or expanding on a few things by way of TWBW, but I don't see them outright scrapping the entire ST.

Also, that description makes it sound like those "mirrors" allowed Palpatine to directly access TWBW... Something he explicitly could not do on his own as of Rebels. If he had that kind of power, he would have been literally unstoppable.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/55219808/retcons-retcons-everywhere.jpg

Darthadi
I just saw who is the source, lol.
This Doomcock guy is about as reliable as Mike Zeroh (not reliable at all). Do yourself a favour and ignore anyrhing he says. He is just a bullshiter.

Galan007
"Doomcock"

Sounds like a pretty straight shooter, IMO. thumb up

Total Warrior

lDarth Nihilusl
I heard that's fake.

Unbowed
The ST is complete shit and should rightfully be scrapped. But there's no need to make up an in-universe explanation for it. Just refuse to acknowledge it and release new works as if it never happened at all.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
"Doomcock"

Sounds like a pretty straight shooter, IMO. thumb up

laughing out loud

His youtube channel is pretty entertaining, but let's be honest --- all those recent news regarding the Star Wars continuity reset are little more than clickbait.

Disney invested too much. Carrie Fisher died. They're not gonna just back-pedal and start anew.

Galan007
Agree. Shitty as the ST films are, retconning that entire continuity is something I cannot ever imagine Disney doing... Especially in the way Mr. Doomcock described. It would just open up more plot-holes than there already are.

I could totally see them making more subtle retcons/additions to the ST, though. TWBW is the ultimate plot device to make shit like that happen.

The Merchant
Nah, retconning something like that would be too crazy and potentially result in much worse potentials.

If anything that rumored Exogol film could at the very least be used to explain what was the deal with Palpatine in the ST. Basically, make a film centered about Palpatine while he was on Exogol during his time in the ST. It can also be used to partially explore his origins and even bring Plaguies into the mix if they wanna go there. Also explain his plans and what not.

Would it fix the ST? Hell no, but tie up loose ends at the very least. Make it 3 even 4 hours if need be and there ya go. Not saying this is a fool-proof idea either easily could become a disaster but not on the scale of retconning the ST.

Scizard
It's obviously fake, seriously how does anyone believe this shit.

Sheev
Originally posted by Darthadi
I just saw who is the source, lol.
This Doomcock guy is about as reliable as Mike Zeroh (not reliable at all). Do yourself a favour and ignore anyrhing he says. He is just a bullshiter. I noticed a lot of people besides him are pushing the news now.

ares834
As great as it would be, it's obviously BS. Maybe a few decades down the road.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Merchant
Nah, retconning something like that would be too crazy and potentially result in much worse potentials.

If anything that rumored Exogol film could at the very least be used to explain what was the deal with Palpatine in the ST. Basically, make a film centered about Palpatine while he was on Exogol during his time in the ST. It can also be used to partially explore his origins and even bring Plaguies into the mix if they wanna go there. Also explain his plans and what not.

Would it fix the ST? Hell no, but tie up loose ends at the very least. Make it 3 even 4 hours if need be and there ya go. Not saying this is a fool-proof idea either easily could become a disaster but not on the scale of retconning the ST.

Sure, we need a 3-4h long film just to set him up for getting wtf pwned in TRoS laughing out loud

It wouldn't work, man.

lDarth Nihilusl
I really hope they do lol

Darth Thor
Lol Dream On guys.

BlackShogun27
I just want them to continue Star Wars Legends dude. It ain't gonna ever have the spotlight like back in the day but they could at least mend some of those wounds they made over the last 7 years. What do you think. Where do you want Star Wars to go if this comes out to be true ? I want the past to be restored and continued. Others would rather it stay in its place. And many more have different opinions.

NewGuy01
Imagine being a cast member of a movie trilogy that got erased from existence a mere couple of years after the last film was released.

xPRIMEx
So pretty much what they did with X Men days of future past

Eli Vanto
The new news is that the ST won't be retconned, but rather completely ignored in future stories-
https://cosmicbook.news/disney-ignoring-star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-2022

So either way it looks like the ST is going away.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
The new news is that the ST won't be retconned, but rather completely ignored in future stories-

..That's...not good. This is actually worse, because now Disney is just gonna start ignoring things if there's a huge uproar? YOU GUYS BUILT THE HILL! Now you're not gonna die on it?

"Hey, we cause this to happen and people didn't like it, what do we do?"

"Oh let's use the Veil thing, that'll solve all our problems."

....It actually doesn't solve all your problems, cause now we know you're not gonna stick by what you made. Terrible or not, stick by what you made.

Despite what hate GL got for the PT, guess what? He stuck by them and things continued onward.

Also so now are Kylo, Rey and all them just...ya know, poof?

The Merchant
Well in a weird way I suppose that works. Lucas did say that to him the ending of SW is episode 6 and no stories exists beyond that, Legends just didn't know that was really his intention. I suppose episode 9 can be the ending for Disney canon.

However, I want to point out we've actually had leaks for the future of SW way back in January with a leak being that there will be a Broadway musical about Rey after eps 9. Those leaks talked about Project Luminous and CGI show coming back so most likely that is true

StiltmanFTW

I could see that happening, yes.

Sheev
and Kennedy is supposed to step down, so she'll no longer be able to stuff the #WokeMatriarchy bullshit down our throats.

ares834

I mean, you can see it pretty much happening already. All this new content they've announced and none of it is centered around the ST.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
....It actually doesn't solve all your problems, cause now we know you're not gonna stick by what you made. Terrible or not, stick by what you made.

Hell no. The ST retroactively hurts everything that came before. Get rid of it.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
I mean, you can see it pretty much happening already. All this new content they've announced and none of it is centered around the ST.

Hell no. The ST retroactively hurts everything that came before. Get rid of it.

Who's fault is that? The same ones that are now trying to push it away. If they won't stick by what they made before, how do we know they won't do it later on? In fact, what if what comes later is just as bad?

ares834
The throw it out again. I don't give a shit.

Darth Thor
Its still canon. Just nobody wants to see those characters again.

Ignoring it without contradicting it is the best path forward.

Jmanghan
I'd prefer them to make it an Elseworld-esque story, The Force Awakens is the only sequel worth a damn and the others are putrid.

Galan007
They could completely ignore everything about the ST without causing any issues whatsoever, imo.

Only eras around that time I'm even remotely curious about are the period between RotJ and TFA(namely Luke's explorations/adventures), and the period following the ST(namely what becomes of the Jedi Order.) Either of which could be fully self contained.

ares834
Couldn't care less for either of those. Knowing that Luke's story ultimately ends in such a shitty way ruins any enjoyment I would get from stories about Luke's adventures. And seeing Rey start up a new Jedi Order (or even any Order stated by her) is the last thing I ever want to see. It's just spitting on Luke's grave. He was the one who was supposed to recreate the Jedi not MaRey Sue.

**** the ST. The only way is too completely erase it.

Dominis
Originally posted by Sheev
she'll no longer be able to stuff the #WokeMatriarchy bullshit down our throats.

I think people exaggerate about this. Like, for example, with her "force is female" shirt, she went out of her way to explain that it was just a shirt and that the force isn't female or male, yet people still take issue with her shirt.

So I don't see how she is any worse than anybody else in Hollywood as far as "wokeness."

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
Couldn't care less for either of those. Knowing that Luke's story ultimately ends in such a shitty way ruins any enjoyment I would get from stories about Luke's adventures. And seeing Rey start up a new Jedi Order (or even any Order stated by her) is the last thing I ever want to see. It's just spitting on Luke's grave. He was the one who was supposed to recreate the Jedi not MaRey Sue.

**** the ST. The only way is too completely erase it. Regardless of how much Luke was butchered in TLJ, the fanboy in me still wants to see 'prime' Luke in action. I'd like him to get *some* sort of retribution in supplementary material(even if it's retroactive)... Granted we know he turns out to be a tremendous failure, but I'd still like to see his story before that. /shrug

Yeah, I don't give two shits about Rey, but I would still like to see what becomes of the Jedi Order after the ST-era. Unless Disney just never plans on making any Jedi-related stories that take place after the ST, then unfortunately they kind of *need* to address Rey in some capacity.

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Eli Vanto
An extended director's cut of the movies would be a good way to mend some of the wounds, and do a "soft reboot" of the ST to make it more palatable.

xPRIMEx

Scizard
Cut out the Luke scenes and add better ones? That's literally never happening. The sequels aren't getting erased and I doubt they'll even get changed for sometime.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah.

The best they can do is to ignore them, as Eli and Ares said.

Total Warrior
The best they can do is fixing it a bit with additional content: comics, novels etc

ares834
They can't fix it. It has major problems at a fundamental level. Supplemental material isn't going to help.

Galan007
Ignoring it where they can is really the best option at this point. But as mentioned, there are still certain elements they almost have to touch on if they plan on making any stories set after the ST.

Sheev
I just saw that a new Poe Dameron novel will be getting released soon. If they're going to "ignore" the ST, they have a strange way of showing it lol.

Galan007
I mean, Disney isn't going to just cancel ST-related projects that they've already dumped a bunch of money into(even though they *should* cancel the Poe novel, because it sounds like complete garbage.)

IF Disney actually does end up ignoring the ST, it probably won't start happening for another year or two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.