Did Snoke have more then one apprentice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Saw an argument on another board that Snoke may have had multiple apprentices aside from Kylo. No one could cite a source, but it seemed like it all stemmed from this dialogue-

https://i.postimg.cc/7hLJW0ct/Star-Wars-Age-Of-Resistance-Supreme-Leader-Snoke-001-020.jpg

So what's the opinion here? Was Kylo Snoke's only apprentice or were there more?

Zenwolf
Perhaps in the future he would have, but that horse was shot dead in the face.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/4HmXkf5.jpg
-Ultimate Star Wars

So I guess there could be more apprentices running around? /shrug

The Merchant
A star wars insider also said he trained one more apprenticed besides Kylo

Galan007
Which Insider was it?

Galan007
Nvm. Found it:

https://i.imgur.com/IxNwMhK.jpg

Underachiever59
Given the reverence Ren seems to show Snoke, I personally suspect Ren may have been his other apprentice.

Galan007
The Insider excerpt states he trained "at least" one other apprentice, and Ultimate Star Wars also implies there were multiple apprentices.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ren was one of them(though his abilities were extremely lackluster), but there could still be more out there.

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Galan007
The Insider excerpt states he trained "at least" one other apprentice, and Ultimate Star Wars also implies there were multiple apprentices.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ren was one of them(though his abilities were extremely lackluster), but there could still be more out there.

I wouldn't be so hasty to call Ren's abilities "extremely lackluster." At this point, he's too new of a character for many sources to talk about his power. I feel like most quotes talking about the Knights of Ren as a whole don't apply to him, as they refer to the Knights under Kylo Ren's rule.

Looking at what he's actually done, Ren isn't too bad for someone who is basically an unknown. He fought roughly on par with Voe, who was Ben Solo's most direct rival in the Jedi. You could even argue Ren was superior to her, as he sent her flying back with either a shove or Force push, while she hardly staggered him with a direct kick to the head. Not to mention immediately after his push, she broke off and engaged the other Knights of Ren instead.

After his fight with Voe, we also see a direct display of his power. He breaks Tai's neck mid-sentence with TK. You could argue Tai had his guard down, but there's no proving it one way or another. But the fact that the neck snapped mid-sentence the way it did implies it was rather quick and effortless for Ren.

Finally, his duel with Ben is the most telling. Ben felt the need to use a second lightsaber for this fight, implying he didn't believe he could win with a single blade. Despite Ben having the weapon advantage, Ren still kept Solo on his back foot for most of the duel before tackling him off the bridge. On top of that, examine Ben's attire before the fight with Ren and again immediately before they hit the ground. Ben loses a sleeve, and his clothes are somewhat tattered. This implies Ren actually landed some hits, or at least some very, very near misses.

All of that is especially impressive, considering we'd seen Ben at this point was consistently capable of holding off multiple of his Jedi peers at once. If Ren is truly comparable to RoKR Ben, based off of his performance, he should be able to replicate Ben's showing against Voe and Hennix from issue #3.

For a relative unknown to display that level of aptitude implies to me that he's received at least some meaningful training. He's by no means a proper Sith, but I see him as somewhat like the Asajj of his era. A big enough threat that it would take multiple "average" Jedi in that time period to challenge him, and only the big names like the master of the Jedi Order and the most recent Skywalker descendent could take him on and expect to win.

Galan007
I see where you're coming from, but imo, Ren's feats against Voe and Tai don't mean a whole lot. We don't know Voe's level, and Tai wasn't exactly prepared.

As for his fight with Ben: it's decent, I guess? But again, we don't know what level Ben was operating at back then. He was capable of beating the 3 students with relative ease, and Ren did pretty well against him. However, we still don't know where the 3 students would rank on the totem pole.

Either way, Ren definitely had some degree of formalized training(unlike the other members of the KoR), but it's just hard to gauge him with any sort of accuracy. I wasn't overly impressed by him, but that's just me. /shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.