Ren vs Aayla Secura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior

Underachiever59
If this is Canon only, I'd have to give it to Ren. Aayla has almost no feats in Canon, and what little she does have is against battle droids. In the episode where Aayla is introduced, Jedi Crash, she's outperformed on-screen by Ahsoka. Ahsoka takes out 7 B2 Super Battle Droids, while Aayla only takes out 2. In the follow up episode, Defenders of Peace, we get a slightly more accurate read of how Ahsoka and Aayla compare. During a very large-scale battle, Aayla defeats 19 droids by my count, while Ahsoka defeats 15. For the full sake of comparison, Anakin takes out at least 39 droids, 2 AATs, and a Defoliator (counting the droids that appeared on-screen, but would have had to be killed by Anakin off-screen).

So basically, Aayla is barely superior to Season 1 TCW Ahsoka, who in turn is just a little above an average Padawan.

Meanwhile, Ren displayed arguable superiority to Voe, Ben Solo's closest rival in Luke's new Jedi Order. On top of that, he held his own remarkably well against Ben in the final fight of The Rise of Kylo Ren. He was skilled enough to drive Ben back, and Ben suffered clear battle damage from the struggle.

This is especially impressive, since in the previous issue, we'd seen Ben was capable of contending against Voe and Hennix at the same time, while Tai was trying to use TP on him as well. If we assume Luke's Jedi to be in line with typical Jedi (given Voe's performance against the Knights of Ren, this seems like a fair consideration), this means Ben is capable of taking on two or three typical Jedi at once.

So, Aayla can barely outperform Season 1 Ahsoka, who is pretty much a typical Padawan. Ren can heavily pressure Ben, who is capable of taking on 2-3 typical Jedi at once. I see no reason not to give the win to Ren.

Now, if we give Aayla some of her Legends feats, she probably has what it takes to defeat Ren. But I'm not super well-versed in Aayla's Legends history.

Darthadi
I don't think feats against fodder droids are a good way to compare characters.

Underachiever59
Originally posted by Darthadi
I don't think feats against fodder droids are a good way to compare characters.

Do you have any other yardstick to measure Canon Aayla? Because I listed literally her only two combat feats in Canon that I can recall.

Again, if we look at Legends, Aayla has actual feats to go by. But in Canon, she just simply doesn't have feats to draw from. I did the best with what I have.

Darthadi
No, which only means that her power level is unknown. Now she's probably not council level based on her rank or lack of feats to put her there but my point was that we can't say she's S1 Ahsoka level because of fights against fodder.

Scizard
It's all speculative really but I'm going to assume that a Jedi Master would be stronger than Ren.

Total Warrior

Zenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.