First Order vs Galactic Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
First Order with all its resources and weapons vs. the OT era Galactic Empire with all its resources and weapons.

Which faction is superior?

Zenwolf
Neither in the current Canon have been any spectacular...uhhh...really I guess the FO, just due to the fact it has better tech. Plus SK base could just destroy a large majority of the GE's infastructure by targeting key planets.

Sheev
Couldnt the Death star just wipe out SKB though?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Sheev
Couldnt the Death star just wipe out SKB though?

Possibly, but they would have to find it first. Meanwhile I'm sure the FO has records and former officers of the old GE to tell them what to target.

Sheev
If the Empire goes into this with knowledge of SKB, then they should know where it is and send the Death Star to wipe it out.

The big advantage the death star has is that it is mobile and can hyperspace itself anywhere in the galaxy. Where SKB to my knowledge isn't mobile, so it would always be a fixed target.

Scizard
The Empire should know where SKB is based off JFO.

Galan007
SKB is mobile:
https://i.imgur.com/TDPIAe1.jpg

Which makes sense. I mean, SKB's superweapon worked on the principal of absorbing a "nearby sun". If SKB weren't mobile, it would only be able to be fired once or twice depending on how many stars were in its vicinity. It would have been a tremendous waste of time/resources for the FO to retrofit an entire planet into a weapon that could only be fired a couple times.

That being said, the GE's military was far larger than the FO's:
https://i.imgur.com/nJvhO0s.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g2RRkKT.jpg

So this really just comes down to whether or not SKB would be sufficient enough to overcome the GE's numbers advantage. Barring SKB, this is the Empire's fight to lose... Especially if the Death Star is also in play.

Sheev
Well even if SKB is mobile, we still don't know how fast it could move, right?

At least the Death star for sure had hyperspace capability.

Scizard
Nah if it's mobile it has to have hyperspace capability. The DS1 is still a big problem though. If it can somehow avoid SKB initial shot then it can surely destroy it, and there's no Luke to get a perfect placed shot this time?

Total Warrior
Galactic Empire. It has way more resources

Sheev
Originally posted by Scizard
Nah if it's mobile it has to have hyperspace capability. The DS1 is still a big problem though. If it can somehow avoid SKB initial shot then it can surely destroy it, and there's no Luke to get a perfect placed shot this time? But how would a planet move through hyperspace without breaking apart?

Shields I guess?

relentless1
if you count Palpatines secret fleet in ROS then the Empire easily beats First Order, Death Star beams on all Star Destroyers is way too much to handle

Galan007
OP says "OT era" GE, so the Final Order fleet probably wasn't intended.

relentless1
fair.

well ya got two Death Stars, a Super Star Destroyer, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and Sidious as well as specialized units in the form of the Inquisitors, plus a Galactic fleet that has control of the entire galaxy plus all the resources that come with it

vs

Starkiller base, a dreadnaught, Snokes capital Ship, Snoke, Hux and Ren featuring the Knights of Ren as a specialized unit plus the First Order fleet which has access to about a third of the galaxies resources

SK Base is impressive however two Death Stars could take it down especially since there's much shorter recharge time for the DS primary weapon.

Military leadership for Empire absolutely destroys FOs flimsy high ranks

The Inquisitors annihilate the Knights of Ren as we have yet to get any sort of feats for them PLUS they don't even carry lightsabers

the fact that the Empire has access to unlimited resources means they can outlast the FO in a war of attrition also

Empire comfortably wins this id say

Scizard
I reckon the Empire would be f***ed if they couldn't destroy SKB with the Death Star, but I think the DS charge time gives it an advantage here.

Galan007
Not sure how long it took SKB to absorb a star, but if the final scene is in 'real time' then it took a little over 20mins from the time the absorption began, to the time it was finished... And obviously SKB has to travel to the vicinity of a star to recharge every single time, and cannot move from that position during the process.

The DSII was a lot more efficient in that regard. Its superweapon only required a 3 minute recharge time, and wasn't reliant on external power sources. So unless SKB manages to take out the DSII immediately, the FO is f*cked.

Scizard
That just reminds me actually what about dreadnaughts wouldn't that one with the laser be able to some damage and how many of those do you reckon they have?

Galan007
I'm not sure how many proper Dreadnoughts were in the FO fleet. They seemed to be somewhat sparse, though.

I'm sure they could certainly do some damage, as their Orbital Bombardment cannons are powerful enough to bust through planetary shielding... But given the Empire's greatly superior numbers, I imagine they could counter them easily enough... Especially when the Empire also has the best tactician in the mythos on the forefront.

Eli Vanto
If the First Order also had the Final Order fleet here, do you guys think it would change the outcome in their favor?

Galan007
The novel implies there were tens of thousands of Star Destroyers in the Final Order fleet(along with their corresponding personnel and starfighters.) That would certainly make a difference, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.