Miss Martian vs Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smurph
Standard rules. They fight on the deck of an unmanned SHIELD helicarrier, circling the globe on autopilot.

Who wins?

abhilegend
Miss Martian. If only telepathy, Psylocke wins.

Vanguard
Psylocke. But I don’t know much about Miss Martian. But i think i get who she’s an homage to.

Senor Cage
Martian.

Smurph

abhilegend
Why not? Miss Martian has gone toe to toe with Supergirl physically, Psylocke is hardly a challenge at that level.

KingD19
Miss Martian is a White Martian. She's nearly as powerful as her uncle so she's got super speed, strength, durability, flight, shape-shifting, regeneration, martian vision, etc...

She's not a person Psylocke can beat in a straight fight.

KingD19
This is like putting Xavier vs Exodus, but ignoring that Exodus is one of the most powerful telekinetics in the world on top pf being a high level telepath.

Smurph
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why not? Miss Martian has gone toe to toe with Supergirl physically, Psylocke is hardly a challenge at that level. It was a genuine question. Other posters, you included, know M'gann better than I do.

But the Supergirl thing is ABC logic. A psyblade or psyblast could still put down M'gann and could hit her while she's intangible. M'gann should probably be too fast for that... but does she have any actual speedblitz feats?

Originally posted by KingD19
This is like putting Xavier vs Exodus, but ignoring that Exodus is one of the most powerful telekinetics in the world on top pf being a high level telepath. Bad analogy. Both of these characters have powers other than TP.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
It was a genuine question. Other posters, you included, know M'gann better than I do.

But the Supergirl thing is ABC logic. A psyblade or psyblast could still put down M'gann and could hit her while she's intangible. M'gann should probably be too fast for that... but does she have any actual speedblitz feats?

Bad analogy. Both of these characters have powers other than TP.

I doubt she can ko her that easily. Here's a respect thread for her.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/wollfmyth209/blog/miss-martian-respect-thread/135437/

Can't recall any blitz feat for her.

KingD19
Originally posted by Smurph
It was a genuine question. Other posters, you included, know M'gann better than I do.

Bad analogy. Both of these characters have powers other than TP.

It's a perfect analogy, as Charles Xaviers only power is telepathy. The power level and all the extra stuff he can do like Astral projection has nothing to do with the fact that its a single base ability that other powers in the same category branch off from. Exodus is telepathic and telekinetic who is essentially Class 90-100 with his TK. So while he and Xavier could have a mental duel, he can also drop a mountain on Xaviers head.

Smurph

Smurph

spetznaz

KingD19

Smurph

abhilegend
Yeah, Miss Martian isn't blitzing anyone.

krisblaze
Originally posted by KingD19
It's a perfect analogy, as Charles Xaviers only power is telepathy. The power level and all the extra stuff he can do like Astral projection has nothing to do with the fact that its a single base ability that other powers in the same category branch off from. Exodus is telepathic and telekinetic who is essentially Class 90-100 with his TK. So while he and Xavier could have a mental duel, he can also drop a mountain on Xaviers head.
Simply not the case though.
When telepaths usually fight they need to put all their focus on telepathy. It's not like Dark Phoenix could just scorch Xavier while they were fighting.

MrMind

xXI_wing_IXx
The forum rule states:

Originally posted by Galan007

So for the sake of Psylocke not losing the battle, the only winning choice Psylocke would have is most likely to use her long-range telepathy at start of battle. Since telepathy is her only long range attack and they're not starting up close. It's logical for her to use that. She's capable of doing it many times throughout. I totally understand the Charles/Exodus analogy. Miss Martian would otherwise win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.