Serious Discussion - Will Miura finish Berserk before he dies? (Possible Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Not a thought I relish, a great man like him dying, but like... Guts seems a looooong way off from being able to stand up to ANY of the God Hand (which even Skull Knight even really can't do fully yet.)

And then you consider if they do the smart thing and try to go after the Idea of Evil as opposed to doing the stupidly expected and end the series with Guts and his band + Skull Knight vs the God Hand (which won't really end the cycle that started with Gaiseric aka Skull Knight, it'll just create the start of another God Hand.)

I dunno, if he got out of his stupid hiatuses and just stuck with it at least for a year or two we could make some progress, but idk...

vansonbee
He could wrap it up with Guts never achieving anything, since his gal is back to normal (or so...).

Griffin will be honored as the man who betrayed his friends and won it all in glory in the end. Bring happiness between monster and humans. etc

I still have my finger cross for Berserk Netflicks anime remake. stick out tongue

The author is milking it pretty hard, but can you blame him?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by vansonbee
He could wrap it up with Guts never achieving anything, since his gal is back to normal (or so...).

Griffin will be honored as the man who betrayed his friends and won it all in glory in the end. Bring happiness between monster and humans. etc

I still have my finger cross for Berserk Netflicks anime remake. stick out tongue

The author is milking it pretty hard, but can you blame him? That would be a horrible ending and would solve nothing, if not Guts, then certainly Skull Knight.

Guts is too deep into it to stop now realistically.

Shadow_King
I believe he will finish the books..but if in the event he does die, hopefully he will have left us at a place we can all be happy with.

Like Vansobee has said, he could just decide to wrap it up with guts not achieving what he set out to do and live a life with Casca and Griffith achieving peace between humans and monsters.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Shadow_King
I believe he will finish the books..but if in the event he does die, hopefully he will have left us at a place we can all be happy with.

Like Vansobee has said, he could just decide to wrap it up with guts not achieving what he set out to do and live a life with Casca and Griffith achieving peace between humans and monsters. I can tell you right now it's not a realistic ending, it's not a satisfying ending, and I'd bet money it's not how Miura wants to end it.

Shadow_King
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I can tell you right now it's not a realistic ending, it's not a satisfying ending, and I'd bet money it's not how Miura wants to end it.

I agree it would not be a satisfying ending to a series that has been going on for the last 30 years and looks like it could go on for another 30 years.

If you were Miura and you only had a year left to live and knew that you would not be able to finish the series, how would you end it?

SquallX

Jmanghan
"Happy endings don't exist in Berserk."

I get that, but do you really see Guts... GUTS of all people, being able to let go of revenge even if Casca asked him to?

No one is "living in peace", the gap between the two planes has opened, demons will likely wipe out humanity, since there is a MASSIVE shortage of Guts-like individuals, and even when faced with an army backing them, and some of the most skilled fighters in the world, the Eclipse overwhelmed them quickly and easily.

Furthermore, what about Skull Knight? Guts owes him a debt after saving him a million times.

I'm not saying Guts should take on the God Hand (by himself), but the Dragonslayer has shown to be able to wound them, and if Guts teams up with Skull Knight, Zodd, etc, they might be able to take down ONE.

There's a key to defeating them, Skull Knight is just really ****ing strong, Guts may never get to that level, but he can absolutely harm them, and that's step one to finding a way to kill them.

People have proposed that Guts and Griffith will form some Naruto-Sasuke partnership to destroy the Idea of Evil, but that's literally impossible, even if Griffith sacrifices himself to save Guts and Casca it can't redeem him in any way, in ANYONE's eyes, especially Guts's.

Guts would not be satisfied until he killed Griffith, he literally goes LOOKING for apostles to kill every other day.

wakkawakkawakka
While Miura can setup for a finale if his health is really that bad now that Casca is back and Guts party is safe on Fairy Island at the moment.

Unless the ruined world somehow spills into it and Guts has to go to Falconia. But even then he has nothing to take on Femto as is.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
While Miura can setup for a finale if his health is really that bad now that Casca is back and Guts party is safe on Fairy Island at the moment.

Unless the ruined world somehow spills into it and Guts has to go to Falconia. But even then he has nothing to take on Femto as is. I mean... yeah, lol. It's GOING to spill into Elfheim eventually, it's ludicrous to expect otherwise, given the state of pretty much the entire world at this point.

Shadow_King
https://www.younganimal.com/berserk/special/

Well here we go, get ready, I hope Miura will be able to get a good chunk of the story done.

NewGuy01
what does that even mean

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
what does that even mean More Berserk coming I guess?

pikachu88
Your article is great, I have read a lot of articles but I was really impressed with your writing. Thank you, I will review this post. To know about me, please try to talk to me: time calculator

Bentley
The manga will end on Isidro high fiving the God Hand so hard Femto and the rest are destroyed forever

NewGuy01
apparently not

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
apparently not too soon, yeah?

beauty5588
See what I found. don't think of it as an advertisement, it's really interesting Here novel-sempai.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.