Oscars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
Well, all the nominations were announced yesterday. Personally I hope that Gladiator win all the big ones, I really liked that movie.

Ratcat
Yeah, you can get the lowdown at this website.

www.oscar.com/oscars_home.html

queeq
Well I think they will. But what about Traffic and Castaway? Shouldn't they make a chance really.

Raz
Personally, I think if theres any justice in the world, Crouching Tiger will easily take it.

queeq
I haven't seen it yet. I liked Gladiator a lot, but to say it's excellent in every way, that goes a bit far. I think the story was a tad to shallow for it and Crowe's part too one-dimensional. Although well made and well acted, but there could have been more I think.

JediOasis
I saw "Traffic" too and I liked it, but Gladiator was the best movie I saw last year.

Gundark
Tommy hates going to the movie theatre, so I usually have to wait to see a lot of movies on video. A couple of my girlfriends and I try to go to the movies once a month, but we can't always get together. My best friend has 4 boys, aged 3 months to 7 years. Not a lot of free time there. laughing out loud

Ratcat
We only tend to see movies that are family orientated so unless Pokemon get's a late surprise nomination then there's no chance I'll be familiar with any nominees.

Gundark
Pokemon. queeq's favorite. Hehehe. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ratcat
And my 4 year old sons.

Gundark
Oh, we know its really you that's into pokemon, RC. Confess ! Confess ! laughing out loud

queeq
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're saying the P-word again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAHHH!

Ratcat
Well that Jesse is rather hot for a cartoon!!! But then any woman in mini skirt, tight top and thigh high boots is normally good for eye candy...

Prepares to be beaten up over overtly sexist comments!!! laughing out loud

queeq
We don't beat you up for that anymore. We know it's incurable.

Ratcat
Now if I could just find a gorgeous redhead or brunette willing to swan around in thigh high boots and mini skirts then my life would still be incomplete but it would be a lot more fun!!! laughing out loud

queeq
For them. laughing out loud

Gundark
Here is a little Oscar trivia for you:

What is Oscar standing on ?

(No one can believe Gundark has commented on the topic)laughing out loud

Now where's my gold star for the day ? stick out tongue

queeq
A film reel?

Gundark
You're smarter than I thought, queeq. laughing out loud

You win either whats in this box I'm holding or whats behind door #2 where Carole Merrill is standing. laughing out loud (Best Monty Hall voice)

queeq
I'll take door #2, thank you very much. I don't really trust what's in that box you're holding.

Gundark
Are you saying you don't trust me ? It's just a box. evil face

queeq
Eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr..... no.... I like the door...DOORS.... I have a thing with doors. Hehe.

Gundark
A sith lord afraid of a little box. The emporer will hear of this. evil face

queeq
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Not Raz....!!!!!

Gundark
Okay, here's your choice. Face Raz OR....

come into my skeleton closet with me and open the box. With the door shut and the lights off. Hehehe. evil face

queeq
*moves his eyebrows quickly up and down, suddenly grabs Gundy and the box, runs into the closet and locks the door*

Gundark
Hmmmm...there's only one problem. I don't know where I put the key to the padlock on the box. Now I'm sure you're wondering why the box is PADLOCKED. evil face

queeq
Never mind the box. evil face

Gundark
If I didn't know better, I'd say you're trying to have your Sithish way with me. laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Moi? You're such a kidder. evil face

Gundark
A french-speaking Sith ? What more could I possibly want from a guy ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
*Darth Vader voice* I am your destiny. evil face

Gundark
Now VADER makes my knees weak. (Gundark tosses her fate into queeq's hands without thinking)rolling on floor laughing

queeq
*lifts Gundy up, takes her in his arms and runs to the skeleton closet*

Dim
Ah..how cute...Sith flirtation...*grabs queeq's barf bag*

finti
I need a bag as well Dim. Imagine the distance fondeling by the force.laughing out loud

Gundark
Oh, how can you say that Dimmy....after we planned your whole wedding for you. laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Yes, Dim. That's not very nice. Besides, we do all we do in the closet, not out in the open as you and RC do. And what we do in there.... well... that's.... private.

Gundark
Hmmm...maybe we need a couple of Jedi-immune guards at the door... laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
With the racket you're making, EVERYONE will be scared. including Jedi. laughing out loud

Dim
Oh jeesh, this is almost at traumatic as the time I walked in on my parents..stick out tongue

queeq
Nah, this MUST be worse. I don't go in there without earplugs. laughing out loud

Gundark
How would you REALLY like to need an eye patch ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
No thanks, I'll look so cool, I would not be able to get your hands off of me. laughing out loud

Gundark
queeq, its getting awfully crowded in here...there isn't even any more room for Oscar...laughing out loud

queeq
Well, he'll have to wait outside then. laughing out loud

Dim
*shoves queeq's ego out the door so she can get comfy*
*pulls Oscar out of her bag and gives him a kiss on top of his little bald, gold head*

Raz
**drum roll** And the winner is Chaos and Mayhem, for taking us off topic again!

Anyway, how many of you actually went to see Crouching Tiger, after my *little* recommendation?

Gundark
I haven't seen it yet, Raz. Tommy hates going to the movie theatre, like I think I mentioned before somewhere smile , we usually rent them. But he's trying to get his business off the ground and I have classes coming up the next three months and studying for my test in June, just haven't had a lot of spare time to watch videos. We're really behind on the movie scene. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Well, I saw it without knowing you had made a recommendation... actually, we've just started to post about it in the 'Stupid Fight Scenes' topic, along with any other butt-kicking move you want to talk about.

queeq
I plan to go in the upcoming two weeks or so. But with my weird schedule it might not happen.

I would like to thank Gundy, the members of the Academy and Grand Supreme Master Raz for all their support and encouragement....

Gundark
Ah, the ever-humble queeq. laughing out loud

queeq
Of course, as always. laughing out loud

Gundark
Hmmmmm....let me see that Oscar a minute...hey, its a statue of JarJar !!! Hahahahahahhaa. Good job, Raz !! laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Errr....I knew that... HA HA HA... I knew that....errrr.... HAHAHAHA, of course I knew that.... *blushes*

Gundark
(Gundark grabs JarJar Oscar and runs off to the Tavern) I'll just put this right up on the bar where queeq will want EVERYONE to see it. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dim
queeq, If I didn't know you better I'd call you Dim laughing out loud

queeq
*pouts*

You're all against me.... *drops head and slowly drags himself back to the Tavern for some more humiliation*

Dim
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
*grabs queeq as he heads out the door and gives him a big hug*

Ratcat
laughing out loud , man you certainly DO have a way with the ladies!

finti
Just as long as they dont use the wuv wordlaughing out loud

queeq
I know. They all WUV me. laughing out loud

Gundark
Of course we do. Why else would you have gotten the booby Oscar ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Booby???? Let me see it again. laughing out loud

Gundark
I just knew you would say that. laughing out loud

Is this Oscar abuse ? laughing out loud

Dim
*SMACK!*
Leave the boobies out of this...

queeq
Whose boobies? laughing out loud

Dim
Any boobies...just stay away from the boobies, queeqer..

Ratcat
Boobies, did I hear boobies. Now Gundy, Dim, we've told you about streaking on the board before.

queeq
Yep, you can only do that at the Tavern. That'll draw at least a customer or two. laughing out loud

Gundark
Methinks this will have reached 100 posts before the Oscars are even presented. laughing out loud

queeq
It will when you stop posting off topic.

So I guess you're right. laughing out loud

Gundark
I had to think about that for a couple of minutes. Very clever, master chaos. But I DID comment on topic !!! laughing out loud

queeq
And that is why you fail. laughing out loud

Gundark
I'm just getting ready for UBH. laughing out loud

queeq
How sweet.

Ratcat
And the winner is....... ME!

queeq
Yes, you have won.... a decorated flower pot. Congrats.

Ratcat
Cool! Now I need a decorated flower. laughing out loud

finti
Saw Castaway yesterday and what an incredible BORING movie.
It lines up with Titanic as all time great snooze pictures.IMO|I

Ratcat
Hmmmm, guess I'll stop looking forward to that movie then.

queeq
That good, eh, finti? laughing out loud

Gundark
Thanks, Ebert. Guess we don't need to rent that one. sad

queeq
Oh, do. Whenever finti says it sucks, I think it means it's pretty good. laughing out loud

Ratcat
OK, now I don't know what to dio. OK, how much is Helen Hunt in tjhe film, she's my deciding factor here...

Dim
Forget Helen...I wanna see the volleyball smile

Ratcat
Well you can have the volleyball, but there something about Helen Hunt. CAn't think of anyone I'd rather be castaway with...

queeq
Uh.... ME?

I think the volleybal deserves an Oscar this year.

Ratcat
Well if no one wants helen, then send her over.

Gundark
Okay, I am speaking STRICKLY from a NON-LESBIAN point of view here. Helen Hunt is in my top five, but Jane Seymour tops of my list of women I wish I looked like. I think she is gorgeous and sexy and has a great voice. IMHO OC. stick out tongue

queeq
And she's old. laughing out loud

Gundark
Hey, Ush, about that dance.....laughing out loud

queeq
*feels like the Wicked Witch of the West again* laughing out loud

Gundark
And well you should. That's no way to treat a faithful apprentice. evil face

Dim
Gundy you want to look like Jane Seymour?????????????...eek! You want to be Dr. Quinn don't you? As for Helen Hunt..I think she tends to look like a prude.

queeq
Which has its charm. Maybe you should try it sometime. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Looks aren't everything you know. Helen Hunt has a whole personality thing going on that I love.

queeq
Oh goody. Do tell.

Ratcat
Well, she's bright and funny, I've seen her in loads of interviews and stuff and she comes across really nbice, plus there's something about her voice that I love too.

Of course, this is all he public personna, wonder what she's like in real life...

And she's available now too.... big grin

queeq
Well, invite HER to come to Disney. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Now there IS a thought. Me and Helen for a week in Disney, Yay, I LIKE that idea. big grin Best plan I've heard...

Darn! Just when this looked like getting ionterest we hit the magic 100!!!

Raz
Closing Topic......

Start another one if you have more to say.

Ratcat
It's still open. laughing out loud

I have nothing to say BTW!!!laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.