Who are the most powerful Sith/Darkside users in canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
Title says it all. You can do a top 10, 15, 25 whatever, the more you can list the better. As far as I'm concerned:

1) The Son (no need to discuss why)

2) Darth Sidious (he literally has the power of all Sith before him)

3) Snoke (Sidious's puppett, he was shit, but he is hyped to be on par with RotJ Sidious)

4) Darth Vader (hyped to be close to Sidious in power)

5) Mother Talzin ( held her own against 19 BBY Sidious for a while)

6) Quinlan Vos (defeated Dooku)

7) Count Dooku (everyone knows his feats so no need to explain why he's here)

8) Darth Maul (always shitted on by Filoni, but he is strong)

9) Lord Momin (defeated a wounded Vader, was quite impressive)

10) Kylo Ren (was stronger than EP9 Rey while not amped and stomped the knights of Ren)

11) Assajj Ventress (held her own against the likes of Obi wan and Anakin)

12) Savage Oppress (rip)

13) Pong Krell (he really stomped all those 501st clones)

14) Barriss Offee (did well against Anakin)

15) Grand Inquisitor

Weren't included because featless but definitely deserved a spot: Darth Plagueis, Tenebrous, Darth revan, Exar Kun, Atrius, Shaa (?), Darth Caldoth (do you know him? he certainly sounds like an interesting guy), Ry Nymbis, Darth Bane, Khasyun

Darthadi
Was Caldoth the guy from Myths and Fables?

Total Warrior

Galan007
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Title says it all. You can do a top 10, 15, 25 whatever, the more you can list the better. As far as I'm concerned:

1) The Son (no need to discuss why)

2) Darth Sidious (he literally has the power of all Sith before him)

3) Snoke (Sidious's puppett, he was shit, but he is hyped to be on par with RotJ Sidious)

4) Darth Vader (hyped to be close to Sidious in power)

5) Mother Talzin ( held her own against 19 BBY Sidious for a while)

6) Quinlan Vos (defeated Dooku)

7) Count Dooku (everyone knows his feats so no need to explain why he's here)

8) Darth Maul (always shitted on by Filoni, but he is strong)

9) Lord Momin (defeated a wounded Vader, was quite impressive)

10) Kylo Ren (was stronger than EP9 Rey while not amped and stomped the knights of Ren)

11) Assajj Ventress (held her own against the likes of Obi wan and Anakin)

12) Savage Oppress (rip)

13) Pong Krell (he really stomped all those 501st clones)

14) Barriss Offee (did well against Anakin)

15) Grand Inquisitor

Weren't included because featless but definitely deserved a spot: Darth Plagueis, Tenebrous, Darth revan, Exar Kun, Atrius, Shaa (?), Darth Caldoth (do you know him? he certainly sounds like an interesting guy), Ry Nymbis, Darth Bane, Khasyun Good list. thumb up

The only "?" for me is Momin. Imo, he had a deeper understanding of the dark side than pretty much any other Sith barring The Son. However, Momin's extensive knowledge of the dark side didn't seem to translate directly into personal power, as his showings mostly revolved around focusing the dark side through tech of his own design in order to accomplish very... exotic feats.

Total Warrior
Yeah, I hope we'll get more info on Momin. In general I wonder when they'll start writing stuff about the the ancient Jedi and sith

ares834
I don't buy the Snoke hype. He's sub-Maul.

Total Warrior

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Honestly could see peak RoS Palpatine being above The Son.

Galan007
Reasons?

Dominis
Vader should be absolute second (well, third, if you include The Son), IMO. The two reigning Sith are supposed to be the pinnacle of dark side power.

From the time Vader became the sith apprentice, only Luke as of ROTJ was ever powerful enough to replace him, but rejected. Even as powerful as Kylo Ren had become, he didn't reach Vader/Luke's level by his end.

Vader set the highest standard, and Palpatine wouldn't settle for less.

While Snoke was knowledgeable and masterful enough with the force to teach one all they needed to know to be a sith, he wasn't strong enough with the force to ever be one. He was just downloaded with all the knowledge to teach, it seems.

One reason why I love Rey being a Palpatine: Only the two direct descendants of Sidious and Vader had the potential power to be the next Sidious and Vader. (in Rey's case, it was to be literal)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

juggernaut74

Galan007
I think Luke's statement should have some merit, tbh.

Luke had explicitly sensed(and experienced) the power of RotJ Palpatine, and still stated that Snoke's dark side mastery was equally as impressive.

Dominis

Zenwolf
Oh so now Luke's word hold merit? Well if we're playing that game, can we now apply it to before the Canon overhaul?

Dominis
Originally posted by Dominis
I just take it to mean that Snoke had all the knowledge of the dark side necessary to be a sith of Palpatine's caliber. He knew all the dark side techniques and could even apply them. But even with all that, he lacked the raw force power to be what the last two sith lived up to be, master or apprentice.

I think that if Snoke was capable of living up to ROTJ Sidious in power, then Sidious would have transferred his spirit in Snoke's body, since the transference happened during the events of ROTJ. I don't think he'd inhabit a vessel that was barely strong enough to hold him.

I do believe Snoke's knowledge was far above Vader's, but despite that, he was still not powerful enough to take Vader's place in the eyes of Palpatine. Only Kylo Ren had the potential to do that.

*I don't think he would have inhabited a vessel that was barely strong enough to hold his ROTJ self had Snoke been strong enough.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Oh so now Luke's word hold merit? Well if we're playing that game, can we now apply it to before the Canon overhaul?

What does this have to do with anything?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What does this have to do with anything?

What I'm saying, it's being played on double standards that we accept Luke's words about Snoke, yet before previously no one would accept his words because...reasons. It's being hypocritical.

NewGuy01
What are you even talking about?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What are you even talking about?

This isn't the thread for this, so sorry for even bringing it up, it's just irksome.

But if you really gotta know, remember how Luke says character X is as powerful as so and so and compares their power? What I recall is people going

"Oh Luke is just being silly, he has no clue what he's talking about!"

Or

"It's just hyperbole."

But Snoke being as powerful as Sidious? That's A-OK.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Scizard
Snoke ragdolls Rey with ease and more fluidly than anyone else we've seen before. Vader has done worse against lesser opponents.

Total Warrior

Eli Vanto
Would Darth Caldoth or Darth Noctyss rank anywhere on the list?

Total Warrior
Yeah likely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.