RE: Mother Talzins powers and rank etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Thought i will ask as i wasnt so sure: what tier will MT at her peak/ best be in canon?
Ive read on some sites she was on parr with Sidious is that true or?

ares834
No. She managed to briefly hold her own in a force duel but, even on Dathomir, she was losing. Beyond that she is a far inferior swordsman. Regardless, she is the upper echelon of force user alongside the likes of Windu but she ain't quite at Papa Palpatine's level.

ozz81

ares834
Reread the comic. We see what appears to be Sidious advancing while Talzin is falling back prior to Dooku helping. Also Talzin did take Maul's power and even with it she was getting creamed by the Sith.

ozz81
Originally posted by ares834
Reread the comic. We see what appears to be Sidious advancing while Talzin is falling back prior to Dooku helping. Also Talzin did take Maul's power and even with it she was getting creamed by the Sith.

Cool honestly mate i saw the comic(links below as well incase) i cant see sidious advance it seems equal only when dooku starts joining sidious thats when it advances close to MT :Then MT uses some sort of shield to protect her self etc prior to that its equal no one gets the upper hand it seems .. I dont think she took mauls strength as she told him to leave as she force pushes him away etc.. @ Galan as well what do you reckon as well ?

https://youtu.be/3tBt5kVKkkI

https://youtu.be/_PZRRi0Ny7o

ares834
1:23 in your second vid. You can clearly see Sidious lunging forward and Talzin being forced back with lightning flickering around her. She is obviously losing the struggle. At this point, Maul says "Mother! Take my strength!" And considering he doesn't repeat this even when Talzin is getting crushed later on, the obvious conclusion is he already gave her his power.

ozz81
also it seems shes protecting her self with some shield barrier holding both dookus and sidous lightning like a stalemate etc then she only lets go or gives up the barrier/shield when Grievous walks thru her shield hence killing her etc..

ozz81
1:23 in your second vid. You can clearly see Sidious lunging forward and Talzin being forced back with lightning flickering around her. She is obviously losing the struggle. At this point, Maul says "Mother! Take my strength!" And considering he doesn't repeat this even when Talzin is getting crushed later on, the obvious conclusion is he already gave her his power.

yeah i see that scene it seems evenly matched there as well ie its centered the lightening bolt ie equal distance away from each other .. the lightening thats flickering his from her not sidious but that doesnt seem to indicate that sids is advancing fwd and getting upper hand, and MT doesnt look like shes getting pushed back and hence not struggling etc.. the bloke in the first link reckons sidious is struggling only when dooku joins in the FL it comes in closer to MT as she holds it with her shield.. she only lets go of the shield once grevious walks thru to go for the kill ..

ares834
Yes, her own lighting is being forced back. It's literally flickering behind her. And look at the characters' body positions. Sidious is lunging forward and Talzin is being forced back.

And who cares what some rando says in a youtube link? He's flat out wrong. When you read the comic and actually look at the pretty pictures it's fairly clear what is going on.

ozz81
Yes, her own lighting is being forced back. It's literally flickering behind her. And look at the characters' body positions. Sidious is lunging forward and Talzin is being forced back.

And who cares what some rando says in a youtube link? He's flat out wrong. When you read the comic and actually look at the pretty pictures it's fairly clear what is going on.

yeah ok lol cool , yeah honestly i saw it theres no indication in the comic that she and her lightening is being forced back and that sidious is lunging and advancing fwd etc he just has his arms raised like MTs ,Siduouses back seems hunched a little and MTs seems straight... the light thats flickering from talzin it doesnt seem to be a great deal a tiny bit sidious has a bit flickering from his end as well ... both are very even it seems @Galan what do you reckon ?

ares834
Are you trolling or blind?

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11122/111222381/4496036-2482080992-3BYVo.png

Yes. Clearly Sidious is only "hunched a little" and Talzin is standing "straight"... roll eyes (sarcastic)

ozz81
Are you trolling or blind?

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11122/111222381/4496036-2482080992-3BYVo.png

Yes. Clearly Sidious is "hunched a little" and Talzin is "straight"...

no mate not trolling with all due respect .. but that seems a very minor thing ie it could also mean he is struggling or thats how his stance is normally.. actually both their heads are pushed in i noticed.. and the lightening bolt is centered hence indicating equal distance from one another.. If he pushed her back it would have showed it i guess or made it more obvious in the comic..
Also the middle part MTs back is slightly hunched, only straightened in the last scene .. but i dont think that indicates any form of struggle , sids back in general i think from memory is slightly hunched.. Yeah the bloke thats interpreting it from the first link reckons Sidious looks like hes struggling ..

ares834
I never said he wasn't struggling. He clearly is putting effort in. I said he is winning. And that panel very clearly depicts Talzin being forced back. Just look at the way her body is bending.

ozz81
I never said he wasn't struggling. He clearly is putting effort in. I said he is winning. And that panel very clearly depicts Talzin being forced back. Just look at the way her body is bending.

yeah i see but his/sidiouses back is also more hunched/bent as well as well as MTs in the middle section but very slightly : maybe indicating they were both pushed back at same time putting the effort in etc .. I reckon if she was pushed back only the lightening would have come closer to her but there obviously its even distance from both till dooku joined ... i noticed her body is sort of straight in the last scene and she looks more relaxed etc..

juggernaut74
She held her own against Windu in a saber duel so there's that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.