Supes or Hulk/ Which concept makes more sense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/62DXfW5J/e0defef8867850019cefddffa257274b.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Both make no sense.

Hulk is stronger, smarter, more handsome and has a bigger cock.

BrolyBlack
Did you get the leaked version of Ragorcock?

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Both make no sense.

I'm glad we can always trust you to do the penis-related research that really matters.

StiltmanFTW
Hey, that's what I'm here for.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Both make no sense.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

MrMind
more handsome.

pics of facial aesthetics or gtfo

celeyhyga17
Both make no sense.

I heard that the angrier he gets, the bigger it gets.

StiltmanFTW
Alpha male:

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/928427.jpg

Eternal virgin:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3547820-04.jpg

celeyhyga17

Eternal virgin:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/10/102593/3547820-04.jpg
Somebody put a hit out on that artist. Pronto!

StiltmanFTW
That's actually what Superman fans from KMC look like.

MrMind
superman is chad of all chads

https://i.imgur.com/PpPkzqL.jpg

StiltmanFTW
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/59/b6/85/59b68575c34b5b055a5e675dcef98177.jpg

MrMind
laughing out loud

-Pr-
laughing out loud

==

As far as the actual topic goes, none of them really make any sense. You can handwave a lot more when it comes to Superman by using the "he's an alien" excuse, and DC has made use of it in the past. Ultimately though, it's all bollocks.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

==

As far as the actual topic goes, none of them really make any sense. You can handwave a lot more when it comes to Superman by using the "he's an alien" excuse, and DC has made use of it in the past. Ultimately though, it's all bollocks.

This

HulkIsHulk
laughing out loud

==

Yeah. These two are the ultimate example of depending on the writer.
Superman ends up more visible and more dramatic cause he is the flagship character.
Hulk at the end of the day is one amongst dozens, aka nowhere that important.
And while we're on it, what's this I heard about Batman starbusting in 6th dimension? 😂😂😂
Seriously DC just say Batman developed a special martial art that makes him.superhuman.

BrolyBlack

HulkIsHulk
Are you expecting an apology or something? 🛀

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud

==

disagree PR, Scientific Experiments have done weird shit to people over the years. a hyper advanced alien race picking out our tiny primitive planet in a vast endless universe to send there only child and probably last surviving member, where the chances of him getting stepped on by primitives is extremely high, even if say Krypton was real, no one in there right mind would do that.
That's not even getting started on the whole Sunlight powering up skin and bone thing.

Experiments exist that make animals and people go crazy.
Drugs and plants etc etc also exist that make people go nuts, these are actual real things that have been done tested and used in and outside of labs, I believe there IS life out there in the universe, but I don't for one second believe there is life anywhere near as advanced as Krytonian life.

Like technically all aliens and us benefit from the sun.
but red sunlight vs yellow sunlight vs blue sunlight makes absolutely zero sense, basing your powers on colors means nothing
all sorts of blue red and yellow suns have different combinations of elements and radiation they give off.

DarkSaint85
Compare and contrast with gamma radiation having a magical component,which literally goes against the laws of physics laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
disagree PR, Scientific Experiments have done weird shit to people over the years. a hyper advanced alien race picking out our tiny primitive planet in a vast endless universe to send there only child and probably last surviving member, where the chances of him getting stepped on by primitives is extremely high, even if say Krypton was real, no one in there right mind would do that.
That's not even getting started on the whole Sunlight powering up skin and bone thing.

Drugs and plants etc etc also exist that make people go nuts, these are actual real things that have been done tested and used in and outside of labs, I believe there IS life out there in the universe, but I don't for one second believe there is life anywhere near as advanced as Krytonian life.

but red sunlight vs yellow sunlight vs blue sunlight makes absolutely zero sense, basing your powers on colors means nothing
all sorts of blue red and yellow suns have different combinations of elements and radiation they give off.

Have you not read Superman? In multiple incarnations Jor-El picks a planet he knows Superman will have powers on. Even the movies have referenced it.

Your belief isn't the same as mine.

When did I say Superman was actually realistic? Note. I didn't.

krisblaze
One guy gets stronger as he gets angrier.
The other is healthy because of the sun.

They both make sense don't they?

StiltmanFTW
Sun can give you cancer.

krisblaze
Sun can give you cancer.
Yes, just look at Superman's fans.
A veritable cancer.

shadowknight

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Are you expecting an apology or something? 🛀

Just an admission of your stupidity.

BrolyBlack
Super powerful aliens make much for plausible sense than a person being able to change into a green hulk based on an accident.

Of coarse Alberto being a fcking idiot would think otherwise

BrolyBlack

This is all nonsense. A super powerful alien race is much more plausible

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Just an admission of your stupidity.
Whatever that helps you sleep at night I guess

MrMind

StiltmanFTW
My thoughts exactly.

Who is that guy? It says he registered in 2008?

spetznaz

DarkSaint85
Well there's also this:

gamma was recently confirmed to be magic, just wanna point that out.

Gamma literally does not make scientific sense. It's magic now.

Stoic

Yo, you have to learn how to separate fiction from reality. Even if aliens existed, they would not be superhuman in a universe that would not support things of that nature. Neither of them make sense. Night Crawler, a much weaker character doesn't even make sense.

shadowknight
Originally posted by MrMind
was that necessary of such long detailed reply? It is if you want your answer to be based on facts and not opinion. Back at the old SHC people would go into 20 pg discussion which was basically them stating their opinion over and over again just using slightly different words. I learned that when you based your opinion on scientific fact it tends to cut out the 10 thousand idiots repeating their opinions over and over again roll eyes (sarcastic)

BrolyBlack

lawest9
I'm glad we can always trust you to do the penis-related research that really matters. Yep, he's a expert.

StiltmanFTW
an*

AlbertoJohnAvil
my biggest pet peeve is i can't stand people who defend Superman

people in the past when nuclear bombs were dropped were exposed to the after radiation and ended up mutating a little bit because of it even fish in the ocean or lakes some ended up growing bigger than normal or had more than 1 head THERE'S documentaries on what has happened as an after effect of a nuclear bomb being dropped and what it did to some humans and animals, Hulk makes more sense, period.

you don't think being doped up doesn't give you other personas then you are mistaken

AlbertoJohnAvil
the concept of the Hulk os legit based on the real life actions/reactions of human beings, Superman ISN'T. How are people in denial about this is beyond me

DarkSaint85
Based on magic lmao

abhilegend
the concept of the Hulk os legit based on the real life actions/reactions of human beings, Superman ISN'T. How are people in denial about this is beyond me
laughing out loud

Stan Lee's magic mushrooms which made everyone get superpowers by radiation isn't results of human action.

AlbertoJohnAvil
@spetnaz

STILL Hulk because the idea of advancing a human being through science (despite the error of the gamma ray for such) is a much more real world idea than "aliens". period

DarkSaint85
gamma was recently confirmed to be magic, just wanna point that out.

Period!

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Stan Lee's magic mushrooms which made everyone get superpowers by radiation isn't results of human action.

laughing out loud Well...radiation DOES change the body, they just went in the revers direction with it. That is still much closer to life (radiation changing the body) than "aliens"

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This is all nonsense. A super powerful alien race is much more plausible

No it isn't, not based on THE FACT that we are enhancing humans through science today...versus the "aliens" among us.

abhilegend
laughing out loud Well...radiation DOES change the body, they just went in the revers direction with it. That is still much closer to life (radiation changing the body) than "aliens"
Yes, radiation giving powers to humans is really realistic than radiation giving power to aliens (Yellow sun which actually is a source of energy than gamma radiation). Really realistic.

DarkSaint85
Alberto unable to counter his own point about gamma being magic lmao

AlbertoJohnAvil
even if it is magic based the gamma still has mutating effects like the nuclear bomb did.

DarkSaint85
Lol it's literally magic, and Alberto is claiming it's more plausible than alien life laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, radiation giving powers to humans is really realistic than radiation giving power to aliens (Yellow sun which actually is a source of energy than gamma radiation). Really realistic.

laughing out loud WELL ABHI Radiation changing the human body though is very real. "Aliens"...not so much. cool

MrMind

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol it's literally magic, and Alberto is claiming it's more plausible than alien life laughing out loud

yup someone who can shoot lasers and freeze breath has X ray Vinson and has a weakness to magic and a glowing rock come on now laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Yes but that's not your argument.

Your argument is that the Hulk is based on science. This is false. Hulk is magic.

Period!

deft
In the real life? The alien life makes sense than the magic.

AlbertoJohnAvil
yes that LITERALLY just happened, but it's been based off of science since 1962 and now you're going off of the current which you aren't wrong but hulk was created from a science experiment from bruce banner that's how the original writer wrote him which was Stan Lee who was Hulks creator.

Adam Grimes
Magic that creates mass out of nowhere. Lol

abhilegend
laughing out loud WELL ABHI Radiation changing the human body though is very real. "Aliens"...not so much. cool
laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
The Hulk represents the physical manifestation of Bruce Banner's anger. Bruce never likes to get angry and avoids confrontation. The concept of the Hulk is that within every human being is destructive power that if left unchecked could cause massive carnage, damage and destruction. That's a literal character trait of human beings. Gamma radiation is nothing more than how Banner became the Hulk, but the Hulk was always there, so to speak. Contrast that with Superman who is an alien from another world who has to adapt to humankind despite his great powers and abilities.

Diesldude

-Pr-
The Hulk represents the physical manifestation of Bruce Banner's anger. Bruce never likes to get angry and avoids confrontation. The concept of the Hulk is that within every human being is destructive power that if left unchecked could cause massive carnage, damage and destruction. That's a literal character trait of human beings. Gamma radiation is nothing more than how Banner became the Hulk, but the Hulk was always there, so to speak. Contrast that with Superman who is an alien from another world who has to adapt to humankind despite his great powers and abilities.

You asked which concept makes more sense.

Gamma rays turning a man in a great big monster when he gets mad doesn't really make sense. But we accept it because it's comics.

AlbertoJohnAvil
You asked which concept makes more sense.

Gamma rays turning a man in a great big monster when he gets mad doesn't really make sense. But we accept it because it's comics.

and an alien that looks exactly like a human being coming from a dying planet makes even less sense. Conceptually, the Hulk makes more sense. Always did. You're showing bias

deft

Yeah, according to Freud and the concept of ego, id and superego. That's turns Hulk interesting, but based in powerset Superman makes sense than Hulk.

SquallX

SquallX
and an alien that looks exactly like a human being coming from a dying planet makes even less sense. Conceptually, the Hulk makes more sense. Always did. You're showing bias

You have this strange idea that we are the normal ones. Why is that?

For all we know, other life forms finds us strange with our 10 fingers, toes, and one head.

-Pr-

Now you're projecting.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Some of Marvel's characters are literally based on the human condition. That's the very concept of the X-Men universe in Marvel. They took the race argument and flippednit on its head. The Hulk is legit based on the emotional aspect of the human condition. It's practically based on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde which was also centered around the human condition of a split personality. That's the Hulk in a nutshell. Superman is a literal alien immigrant from another planet who is born with miraculous powers that manifest once he hits puberty. His story has to do with adapting to a people that aren't your own than it does saving the city or the world from any and all threats. The Hulk's story is different. Bruce Banner gets pissed off by someone, turns into the Hulk, trashes whoever made him angry, and then reverts back to normal. His whole story is about controlling that anger. The concept for each character, when written correctly, dictates the type of story that the writers tell.

DarkSaint85
And he turns into the Hulk based on magic, because even Marvel realised how nonsensical his powers are on a scientific basis laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
I'm talking about the concept of the core of the characters

AlbertoJohnAvil
REALISTICALLY, speaking, Superman's story doesn't make more realistic sense than the Hulk's, because realistically speaking, no alien has ever come to this planet from another planet that was on the verge of destruction. Realistically speaking, anyone who gets exposed to the sun will not have anything happen to them but their skin will gets darker depending on how long their in it combined with the temperature. Realistically speaking, when a person or a people get angry enough at whomever or whatever is threatening their well-being, they will get angry and fight back. Look no further than the protesting and riots that took place a couple of months ago. Black people were tired of unfair treatment at the hands of law enforcement officers, got angry, and tore up their cities as an act of fighting back and a release of the frustration of constantly being treated like their lives don't matter. That's WAY more realistic than the story of Superman. That's CLEARLY non-debatable. period

DarkSaint85
Realistically speaking, no one got superpowers from a gamma bomb

Diesldude

Supermutant
Realistically typing fictional characters are in fact fictional. The Easter bunny isn't more realistic than Santa Claus.

BrolyBlack

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Realistically speaking, no one got superpowers from a gamma bomb

EXCEPT, that's not the point, because realistically speaking, aliens don't exist. Gamma bomb or not, if someone keeps disrespecting you and one day picks a fight with you, you will eventually fight back. I said it before that the transformation into the Hulk is the physical manifestation of Bruce's anger. He's still Banner but it's a different personality, so to speak. Obviously, if Banner were a real human being, he wouldn't transform into an 8 foot tall, 680 pound mass of muscle and beat down whoever's bullying him, but he would at some point fight back. The Hulk's story is rooted in human nature. FACT

has anyone ever intentionally pissed you off to the point where you want to beat them up so they would stop bothering you? Bruce Banner becomes the Hulk when that happens. Superman, adversely, is always Superman. There is never a point in Superman's story where he isn't. There is never a moment where Superman, other than the use of magic or some other action that strips him of his powers and abilities, is not Superman. Clark Kent is a disguise that Superman wears to blend in with humanity.

-Pr-
Some of Marvel's characters are literally based on the human condition. That's the very concept of the X-Men universe in Marvel. They took the race argument and flippednit on its head. The Hulk is legit based on the emotional aspect of the human condition. It's practically based on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde which was also centered around the human condition of a split personality. That's the Hulk in a nutshell. Superman is a literal alien immigrant from another planet who is born with miraculous powers that manifest once he hits puberty. His story has to do with adapting to a people that aren't your own than it does saving the city or the world from any and all threats. The Hulk's story is different. Bruce Banner gets pissed off by someone, turns into the Hulk, trashes whoever made him angry, and then reverts back to normal. His whole story is about controlling that anger. The concept for each character, when written correctly, dictates the type of story that the writers tell.

Okay? That has nothing to do with the question you asked, though. Does it?

BrolyBlack

AlbertoJohnAvil
Okay? That has nothing to do with the question you asked, though. Does it?

I said above i wasn't talking about powers, When talking about the core of a character, we're talking about the psychological, mental, emotional, and philosophical makeup of a character. Have you ever read Batman: Hush? Batman says of Superman, and I quote:
"If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, he's a good person at heart, and deep down, I'm not."

That's PART of the core of Superman. Not just his powers and abilities, but his CHARACTER.

Now let's look at what Rick Jones said about the Hulk during World War Hulk:
"A lot's happened since you've been away. Tony and Reed...they kind of screwed things up. I wish you'd been here before. You may go nuts, but nine times out of ten, you seem to hit whoever needs hitting, and those guys sure needed it."
I've said it so many times in our dialogue that that's how the Hulk functions. Those who make him angry he trashes. That's the core of these respective characters.

-Pr-
I said above i wasn't talking about powers, When talking about the core of a character, we're talking about the psychological, mental, emotional, and philosophical makeup of a character. Have you ever read Batman: Hush? Batman says of Superman, and I quote:
"If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, he's a good person at heart, and deep down, I'm not."

That's PART of the core of Superman. Not just his powers and abilities, but his CHARACTER.

Now let's look at what Rick Jones said about the Hulk during World War Hulk:
"A lot's happened since you've been away. Tony and Reed...they kind of screwed things up. I wish you'd been here before. You may go nuts, but nine times out of ten, you seem to hit whoever needs hitting, and those guys sure needed it."
I've said it so many times in our dialogue that that's how the Hulk functions. Those who make him angry he trashes. That's the core of these respective characters.

You really should have been clearer in the OP, then. But okay.

So your question is which one has a more realistic personality?

DarkSaint85

So is the thread about powers or not?

AlbertoJohnAvil

both, but when i mentioned this it wasn't power related.

AlbertoJohnAvil
You really should have been clearer in the OP, then. But okay.

So your question is which one has a more realistic personality?

and powers, yes.

DarkSaint85
So powers:
One is an alien, the other is magical science.

Characters:
One is a good person, the other lashes out when angry (even though we saw what happens when Superman is angry, in that Superman/WW Sacrifice thread when he thinks Doomsday killed Lois).

Ok.

-Pr-
and powers, yes.

Okay.

Personality = Banner's an angry *******. Superman has a goodness and decency we can only aspire too. Banner is obviously more realistic.

Powers = Neither make sense at all, given what we know about gamma rays. From a narrative perspective though, Superman's requires less suspension of disbelief. You can handwave a lot of shit just by saying "oh, he's an alien". It's like the X-Men. It doesn't require explanation... which was my original point.

DarkSaint85
Okay.

Personality = Banner's an angry *******. Superman has a goodness and decency we can only aspire too. Banner is obviously more realistic.

Powers = Neither make sense at all, given what we know about gamma rays. From a narrative perspective though, Superman's requires less suspension of disbelief. You can handwave a lot of shit just by saying "oh, he's an alien". It's like the X-Men. It doesn't require explanation... which was my original point.

Yet thanks to Pak, only one of the two characters here have killed, lol.

-Pr-
****ing Pak...

Magnificent M
Originally posted by Supermutant
Realistically typing fictional characters are in fact fictional. The Easter bunny isn't more realistic than Santa Claus.

You take that back, heathen!

mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.