Avowed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
YS8n-pZQWWc&feature=emb_logo

Looks like Obsidian is trying to make a competitor to Elder Scrolls now. This looks to be the first game the'll make since being acquired by Microsoft, so we'll see how that funding makes it turn out. The Outer Worlds was a failure to me personally. Paper thin RPG mechanics and boring story. Still, I'll give them another chance and hope for the best. New Vegas won them that much good will at least.

Also, I have yet to play them myself, but this is set in the same world as their Pillars of Eternity series.

ares834
Meh. Need a lot more than some CGI trailer to get me excited for this.

cdtm
If I wanted to play skyrim, I'd play skyrim.

Smasandian
I get confused by what gamers want.

On one hand, Bethesda sucks, want Obsidian to make an RPG like Skyrim. Just look at all the cocksucking people have for Fallout NV.
Here you go..oh I rather play Skyrim.

ares834
It's almost as if "gamers" have different opinions from one another... It's not one giant monolith. Anyway, people loved NV because of the writing. Unfortunately, the big writers who worked on that game like Avellone have left Obsidian.

MooCowofJustice

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by cdtm
If I wanted to play skyrim, I'd play skyrim. What if you want to play a game that's not shit?

cdtm
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What if you want to play a game that's not shit? o

Then I'd play Hollow Knight stick out tongue

BackFire
Cool. There should be an elder scrolls competitor. Especially since elder scrolls games will only be coming out like once a decade from now on.

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
Cool. There should be an elder scrolls competitor. Especially since elder scrolls games will only be coming out like once a decade from now on.

Not including all the Skyrim re-re-re-re-remasters.

Which I think are only being played by Youtubers who specialize exploits and humorous bugs at this point.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by cdtm
o

Then I'd play Hollow Knight stick out tongue laughing out loud

Correct. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Arachnid1
YS8n-pZQWWc&feature=emb_logo

Looks like Obsidian is trying to make a competitor to Elder Scrolls now. This looks to be the first game the'll make since being acquired by Microsoft, so we'll see how that funding makes it turn out. The Outer Worlds was a failure to me personally. Paper thin RPG mechanics and boring story. Still, I'll give them another chance and hope for the best. New Vegas won them that much good will at least.

Also, I have yet to play them myself, but this is set in the same world as their Pillars of Eternity series.

New Vegas was and still is awesome. Keep going back to it even after all these years. I'm actually playing another playthru of it currently. I also enjoyed Obsidian's hugely underrated 'Alpha Protocol' a good bit though I've only played thru it once.

As for this upcoming release from them, I'd love to try it out as I love the medieval fantasy setting but if it's only going to be on Xbox then that's not gonna happen, unfortunately. I've already made up my mind long ago that I'm gonna be getting the PS5 instead of the new XBOX console coming out.

Smasandian
It's going to be on PC. I believe all first party titles for Microsoft will be available on PC....I think.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh, ok. Well, even in that case, I still probably won't get to try it out as my little chrome laptop probably won't be able to run it since I don't think google chrome users can DL Steam any longer. I wasn't able to last time I checked about a year ago.

Surtur
It looks promising. Yes I understand people are comparing it to Skyrim, so I feel like any fan of Skyrim should take this as a good thing. Why? Even someone who loves Skyrim will have to admit it's not perfect. This game might make improvements where Skyrim needed them. Those who created the game will be able to learn from the mistakes made in making Skyrim.

Smasandian
There is a difference when a game gets compared to a specific title as a negative opinion. For instance, an action game that looks Assassins Creed. There is a boatload of them...so it seems more legitimate.

But Skyrim? How many open world RPG's that play like it? I don't think there is a ton of them so yeah, it might be another Skyrim type game...but that came out 9 years ago...so having another similar type game is not necessarily a bad thing.

Adam Grimes
Specially if this is to Skyrim what New Vegas was to 3.

Smasandian
Who knows.

And even if Avowed is very similar to Skyrim....if it's good, it's good.
Look of God Of War 4, it was Dark Soulified but it was fantastically done.

Hell...every Naughty Dog game since Uncharted are similar on how it's done...but some of the greatest games in the past 2 generations.

Surtur
Originally posted by Smasandian
There is a difference when a game gets compared to a specific title as a negative opinion. For instance, an action game that looks Assassins Creed. There is a boatload of them...so it seems more legitimate.

But Skyrim? How many open world RPG's that play like it? I don't think there is a ton of them so yeah, it might be another Skyrim type game...but that came out 9 years ago...so having another similar type game is not necessarily a bad thing.

Exactly. We need more Skyrims. Especially to keep us occupied until the 6th Elder Scrolls game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.