Netflix The Endless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

dynamix
great movie! one of my favorite lovecraftian film

Surtur

BrolyBlack
Watching now.

Any more recommendations like this?

Surtur
You're watching Resolution or Endless?

Anyways, it's hard to find a good horror film. I loved "Sinister" and also "Hereditary" is good. "Dark Skies" creeped me out.

BrolyBlack
I stopped watching endless and watching resolution now

Surtur
Funny thing is just earlier today I was searching for lists of the highest rated horror films from 2019 cuz I wanna watch some horror tonight.

I haven't decided which one yet, but I found a couple that seem interested. Two are on hulu. One called I Trapped The Devil: "After trapping what he believes to be the devil, a man caught in a spiral of paranoia, trauma and evil unravels when his estranged family shows up for Christmas."

Another that is an anthology called The Field Guide to Evil: "This global anthology of eight narratives explores dark folklore through a series of myths and tales that have captivated, galvanized and frightened communities throughout history."

Then a few on Amazon Prime too lol. The Hole in the Ground: "A woman suspects that her son, who returned home after disappearing in the woods, is an imposter."

And In The Dark Half: "After a child dies in her care, a guilt-stricken teenager feels threatened by a mysterious force."

I am leaning towards watching the devil one tonight.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I stopped watching endless and watching resolution now

Yeah, once you finish endless you'll understand the connections.

Galan007
Just read the descriptions for both of these.

Will watch. thumb up

Surtur
The two main characters from endless wrote, produced and directed both films too.

Surtur
Check out Pontypool too, it's not related, but a good horror movie.

BrolyBlack
This is Radical

samhain
About to watch Underwater with the missus, she hates horror movies and I've heard it's Cthulu inspired.

Surtur
This is Radical

U finish resolution?

BrolyBlack
No still watching

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
About to watch Underwater with the missus, she hates horror movies and I've heard it's Cthulu inspired.

Condolences.

samhain
It was typical fare for a 'mankind should beware its own reach' kind of movie. Basically Event Horizon set on the bed of the Mariana Trench.

BrolyBlack
Ok so I watched both.

Did they make it out?

Surtur
I thought you said you watched it?

BrolyBlack

Surtur
It's meant to be ambiguous I guess. Maybe they made it or maybe it's just a loop

Galan007
Ok so I watched both.

Did they make it out? I wasn't sure at first because the brothers were still inside the time dome when the ascension/reset occurred, but yeah, I think they made it out. The proof seems to be there, imo.

-Their interpersonal relationship as brothers had been mended.
-We saw them actually break out of/shatter the time dome at the end.
-After the other members of the group restarted their next time loop following the ascension, they stood there waiting to see if the brothers would come back, but they never did.

And also, the brothers never surrendered control to the deity or let it kill them(which is how it seemed to gain even more power over the people inside the time domes.)

Galan007
That said, the guy who was stuck in a 3 second time loop for all of eternity... Jfc, I can't imagine a worse torture.

BrolyBlack
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.